Mario Maker Why isn't SMM2's 3D World Style not truly 3D?

• Thread starter SS1o7crazydude
  • Start date
General enquiries would be more suited honestly.

But here's why they won't ever give you the source code. It would be just like giving you the game for free but would be even more detrimental for them. Not only would that allow someone to be able to make a homebrewed version of the game to then be able to distribute for free, and would be a direct copy of the game, allowing you to also be able to get online with it. Not to mention it would cause a huge tidal flood of hacks, and they would be handing over all of the protections all written in English (or well, comments would be in Japanese, code in English, for the most part, I'd presume, but you get my point.) The source code would also reveal all the secrets about protections, DRM, and even bugs which might end up being useful to the CFW/homebrewing scene to be able to access the switch's firmware.

So no, it's not that I'm not being optimistic. I'm just being realistic.

EDIT: Right, also it'd 100% just be a huge massive breach of multiple NDAs I'd presume. So if you get handed the source code, whoever gave it to you would end up out of a job, and most likely in jail. And you'd be in trouble as well.

This thread took a turn. Thanks @AricAttack for backing me up when I wasn't here lol. As for why you would defend someone who isn't yourself... There's multiple reasons why. The person you're defending could be your friend or you could agree with someone else's points and want to show that you agree with them as well. It could also be your job as a person who works in the system of law or it's an unfair situation (such as people talking bad about someone behind their back).

Reactions: Samster, AricAttack and 28142
This thread took a turn. Thanks @AricAttack for backing me up when I wasn't here lol. As for why you would defend someone who isn't yourself... There's multiple reasons why. The person you're defending could be your friend or you could agree with someone else's points and want to show that you agree with them as well. It could also be your job as a person who works in the system of law or it's an unfair situation (such as people talking bad about someone behind their back).
Okay, good job.:thumbsup:

So if you get handed the source code, whoever gave it to you would end up out of a job, and most likely in jail. And you'd be in trouble as well.
I wouldn't be in trouble. They can't track me down. I'm anonymous.

I wouldn't be in trouble. They can't track me down. I'm anonymous.

Adorable that you think so.

No one is 100% anonymous online.

Reactions: AricAttack
If I'm not 100% anonymous I'll give you 72 hours to find out the following information about me:

• My full name;
  • My date of birth;
  • My country or countries of citizenship;
  • My country of residency;
  • My address;
  • My computer's IP address and
  • My school.
Bonus Task:
See if you can figure out my phone number.

Tell me how it goes.

@Sky

If I'm not 100% anonymous I'll give you 72 hours to find out the following information about me:

• My full name;
  • My date of birth;
  • My country or countries of citizenship;
  • My country of residency;
  • My address;
  • My computer's IP address and
  • My school.
Bonus Task:
See if you can figure out my phone number.

Tell me how it goes.

@Sky

1) No. I will not do that. I have been taught how to do things like that, and I have done it in the past for my job + actual cyber sec challenges. I will not do it because a kid challenges me to.
2) This thread has gone too far off-topic for far too long. Either stick to the topic, or I'll lock it/start deleting posts.

Also stop double posting please.

Do not ask someone to do things like that. It's not a joke when it comes to online footprints or being able to track people down online. Computers are like paper, and even if you know exactly what you're doing, someone would be able to find out more then you'd like if they were really willing enough.

Reactions: Mr. Kream

Also, why don't you like threads that gradually shift towards a slightly different topic

Also, why don't you like threads that gradually shift towards a slightly different topic

Because it's against the rules and makes it messy. And again, stop making multiple posts in a row, edit your previous message if you forget to add something.

While I can see why they would make it 2.5D, because if 3D World's style has to erase everything in your entire level, they might as well make it 3D then.

Can we just shut this thread down or something?
We've already gave reasons for why it won't work.

It's possible, but 3d world was mostly linear anyways. It's Mario maker, having one actually 3d Mario maker and 4 2d styles is inconsistent.

I doubt they'll ever make a 3d Mario maker, just 2d due to it's simplicity of making courses.

Reactions: 28142
Might as well post here one last time before someone closes this thread.

The 3D World Style is still 2D. It's not like Super Mario 3D World. Why?!
Maybe because making 3d levels are too complex. And Super Mario 3d world is very linear, and the power ups work very well in 2d. So yeah, super Mario Maker 3D when

Can we just applaud @Sky over here for being an absolute programming god, and being able to answer this question really well?

Also this shouldn't be locked or anything, this should be here for future generations if they want to get their opinions out there.

Reactions: 28142 and Sunny_Meows
Back