Without iOS Support Nintendo "Doesn’t Reach Today’s Kids"

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Without iOS Support Nintendo "Doesn’t Reach Today’s Kids" Says Apple Advocate John Gruber.

Don't know if you read this yet, but it's the worst thing I ever heard.
But yeah, the title is a title. Here is a quote:

Trust me, put an iPad Mini and a 3DS on a table next to each other, and most kids today will reach, if not jump, for the iPad. If you don’t see that as an existential threat for Nintendo, there’s nothing I can say that will change your mind.
A Nintendo that doesn’t make games for iOS is a Nintendo that doesn’t reach today’s kids; a Nintendo that doesn’t reach today’s kids is a Nintendo with no future.

So... When all 5 years kids have 500 bucks for a phone instead of the 130 of the handled console? (talking about 2DS)

I hope the guy loses all his credibility and I hope he cries and he goes home. He's an absolute moron. Nintendo is extremely popular with kids and older gamers alike and has almost always been, because of their family friendly franchises. iOS games are terribly low quality.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I hope the guy loses all his credibility and I hope he cries and he goes home. He's an absolute moron. Nintendo is extremely popular with kids and older gamers alike and has almost always been, because of their family friendly franchises. iOS games are terribly low quality.

This is an old strategy from Apple. They want Nintendo's games for iOS, but the big N said no.
Steve Jobs included.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I'm sure the guy had spent all his childhood playing Nintendo games on his Nintendo console. Nintendo will always reach kids and adults alike. It's Apple that's gotta worry about its future.

It's Apple that's gotta worry about its future.
Apple doesn't have to worry either. People keep buying Apple products even though they're overpriced and quite useless in my opinion because of their vanity. I don't think Apple has to worry about its finances. They're just trying to squeeze out all other competition because they're pathetic in the gaming department (and every other department as well, but that's just my opinion)

Apple doesn't have to worry either. People keep buying Apple products even though they're overpriced and quite useless in my opinion because of their vanity. I don't think Apple has to worry about its finances. They're just trying to squeeze out all other competition because they're pathetic in the gaming department (and every other department as well, but that's just my opinion)

Agree...
I would prefer a Samsung Galaxy (performance) or a Nokia Lumia (Camera).

Agree...
I would prefer a Samsung Galaxy (performance) or a Nokia Lumia (Camera).
or maybe an HTC (Looks) or Sony (also looks) or some chinese brand (affordability!) :D I'm a Nexus though! :D

Apple is/has always been for those who think too highly of themselves (few exceptions of course.) This statement makes me ashamed to have an iPhone.

Apple is/has always been for those who think too highly of themselves (few exceptions of course.) This statement makes me ashamed to have an iPhone.
Haha! let me rephrase that for you. Apple is for Snooty people xD did I say that correctly? :p

Haha! let me rephrase that for you. Apple is for Snooty people xD did I say that correctly? :p
Same thing really. I'm an Apple iPhone user and like to think I'm one of the exceptions. But, the extremists who only use Apple products are what I was referring too.

Same thing really. I'm an Apple iPhone user and like to think I'm one of the exceptions. But, the extremists who only use Apple products are what I was referring too.
Haha! I know. I've been an anti-Apple for my whole life not because there products are bad (cuz they aren't) but their policies are just crap and don't get me started on the over-pricing. :D

Haha! I know. I've been an anti-Apple for my whole life not because there products are bad (cuz they aren't) but their policies are just crap and don't get me started on the over-pricing. :D

Well, stop the hating and don't buy it :p

Well, stop the hating and don't buy it :p
I never buy it and my hate = I tell people not to buy it and go for an Android instead or even a Windows Phone.

PS. *cough* your Play coins *cough*

Reactions: ErixSan
I never buy it and my hate = I tell people not to buy it and go for an Android instead or even a Windows Phone.

PS. *cough* your Play coins *cough*

PS: *cough* Contests *Cough* Wait for them at least *Cough*

PS: *cough* Contests *Cough* Wait for them at least *Cough*
Man, you need some cough syrup :p that's a lot of coughing :p So many contests to come! So, I get it. ;)

Man, you need some cough syrup :p that's a lot of coughing :p So many contests to come! So, I get it. ;)

I won't join SteamWorld Dig contest, because I already have the game. *Give you 50PC*

I won't join SteamWorld Dig contest, because I already have the game. *Give you 50PC*
Cool, btw, just letting you know. I'm not going to redeem my PC for eShop codes :p Not even If I reach 5000 PC :p

Cool, btw, just letting you know. I'm not going to redeem my PC for eShop codes :p Not even If I reach 5000 PC :p

Oh... So why are you asking me my PC?

Back