Would you buy New Leaf over Happy Home Designer?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
If you had the option of choosing Animal Crossing: New Leaf instead of Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, would you have gotten New Leaf over it?

Or if you already have Happy Home Designer, would you consider picking up New Leaf after?

I'm curious to know >.<

I would rather have New leaf because i think designing is only part of what i like about New Leaf and i prefer my decorating my town over the houses anyway, Happy Home Designer is an amazing extra to already having new leaf so i can't do it the other way around :D

New Leaf. Happy Home Designer kind of lacks the same charm that New Leaf has for me. Happy Home Designer feels like it really should have just been an eshop title to me, as it's not the whole experience, but rather one part.

Yes, new leaf. Home designer is nice and all but its 50 dollars and on top of that, if you have a normal 3ds, its gonna be another 20 dollars for the adapter, which sucks and its a limited experience, all you do is buy stupid houses, its nice but not worth that much, new leaf is around 20 to 25 dollar nowadays and its a nice experience, its much more worth it

I have neither so I wouldn't know. I have thought about getting New Leaf though.

New Leaf seems to have a ton more features than Happy Home Designer, so definitely NL. I'd even go as far as to say that I feel bad for people who bought HHD as their first AC game in the series. It's a great game and all, but it is nowhere near New Leaf status in terms of freedom to do whatever, whenever - since it's focus is skewed more toward Customization.

I don't have either one, but if I were to choose, I would go with New Leaf. Customizing an entire town sounds better than just customizing a house! Also, I won't have to collect those VR cards or whatever they are for extra characters in Happy Home Designer!

YESSSSS NEW LEAF lol I like a traditional ac game rather than a spinoff. Both should be played though

I just bought New Leaf a week after Happy Home Designer was released, but I didn't even realize that Happy Home Designer came out so I didn't want to bother buying it.Also, what Tho said, customizing an entire town would be fun and I've been wanting New Leaf for months so I don't really regret buying it cause the game's pretty fun. :)

Definitely New Leaf, and that's saying something considering I dislike that game.

Happy Home Designer has no substance to it. There's literally nothing to it. I like that in the sense that it's a good game to just relax and play for like 10 minutes, but the game is designed horridly.

New Leaf actually has a purpose.

I can't see the two games interacting that much - because I think that would mean acnl would need in part to be reprogrammed. Unless HHD was in development at the same time as acnl (its possible I suppose) but I doubt it.
If you made the games as connected as wished for here, a lot of acnl players would be loudly complaining as it would feel as if you were forced to buy HDD to get full use of acnl.
I see the games as complementary and I'm thinking of playing both side by side.

As far as I know the amibo scanner will be sold separately to the game.
Maybe we will be able to buy a scanner & a set of cards together.

If you had to get one, definately I would choose New Leaf.

New Leaf has amazing online, and there is always something to do. In Happy Home Designer, after you have finished the PWPs, the only thing to really do is design villagers houses. It does get repetitive after a while. The online is okay, but you don't interact.

In New Leaf there is so many things to do for online. You can add each other's friend codes, go to each others towns.....
Or if you are just simply looking for something to do, you can go to Club Tortimer and talk to people all over the world.

Because of New Leaf's strong online, when the main game gets boring, the online will bring you back in. New Leaf is the better option. Happy Home Designer is good too, but I think New Leaf is the better game that will last you longer.

Well, I always saw Happy Home Designer as a side game, because I thought that's what it was... It's a game to design stuff with Animal Crossing characters - it doesn't have a real goal, while New Leaf does. I don't see why people would compare the two.
I feel like people go and buy HHD thinking that it's gonna be like NL and are disappointed to find it was not.

Concerning your question Marc, I would go with NL because it is a full-fledged game. I do feel bad for the people who buy HHD as their first AC game.

To take note, for me, happy home designer is terrible. I borrowed it from someone and trust me, it really is not that great. It is a sim type of game, and you mainly build houses. I built a house with barely anything, and the villagers congratulated me, like I did hours of work. It is terrible compared to new leaf. Its just not my style of game and its very boring also. Maybe other people would like the game but new leaf overall, is a much better game, it is more orignal for that matter. Home designer was much better then expected, but should be bought for a different reason. New leaf is orignal and gives a lot of game-play, while with in a few hours, home designer may get boring. I hope animal crossing on the wii u has something unique with the party element.

New Leaf for me. I already have it, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd definitely go New Leaf. I feel like Happy Home Designer wouldn't be as fun as New Leaf.

If you had the option of choosing Animal Crossing: New Leaf instead of Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, would you have gotten New Leaf over it?

Or if you already have Happy Home Designer, would you consider picking up New Leaf after?

I'm curious to know >.<
Probably new leaf more since I'm a horrible designer

Reactions: faustine
I have horrible taste in decor so probably New Leaf

Reading all the replies of New Leaf being better, I would probably consider that over Happy Home Designer when I would be given the choice.

Really?! New leaf is an amazing, sell out, 9/10 great game that anyone with an hour a day to waste should own no matter who or what they are (if I could teach my dog to play, I would). Happy home designer, on the other hand, is literally a portion of new leaf for the same price. Really!?! Hey guys, wanna be 1/23 of a sandwich pay like an extra 50%? (Assuming the game is $60, is it $60 or $40?) The idea of HHA is so pointless, although I must admit HHA would have been awesome DLC for new leaf, but as a standalone game it is horrible.

Really?! New leaf is an amazing, sell out, 9/10 great game that anyone with an hour a day to waste should own no matter who or what they are (if I could teach my dog to play, I would). Happy home designer, on the other hand, is literally a portion of new leaf for the same price. Really!?! Hey guys, wanna be 1/23 of a sandwich pay like an extra 50%? (Assuming the game is $60, is it $60 or $40?) The idea of HHA is so pointless, although I must admit HHA would have been awesome DLC for new leaf, but as a standalone game it is horrible.
I honestly think that the HHD game should have been DLC instead of a spinoff, but Nintendo and the marketing they use... they just make you get a separate game for what should've been possibly $20 as DLC for new leaf, if that.

Back