Would you buy New Leaf over Happy Home Designer?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I definitely would have chosen New Leaf. I got into Animal Crossing because I loved the laid-back atmosphere and, of course, shaking lots of trees. In HHD you can't shake trees, so the answer is obvious xD

In all seriousness happy home designer is a fun game but it fails to deliver the tree shaking animal crossing experience I love while New Leaf has it all and more :3

I don't have neither of these games nor am I an expert in those games but someday I will pick New Leaf over Home Designer. The reason is that in New Leaf there is so much more to do. Collecting stuff, fishing, shopping, developing your own town and as I saw, you can even design your own home. In HHD there is only designing homes and facilities (as far as I saw on gameplays and stuff). Don't get me wrong, I love these kinds of games like HHD, but in New Leaf there is simply much more to do :p

I honestly think that the HHD game should have been DLC instead of a spinoff, but Nintendo and the marketing they use... they just make you get a separate game for what should've been possibly $20 as DLC for new leaf, if that.
more like $10 worth of DLC if you ask me, $15 at most

I wouldn't choose one over another. HHD feels like a complementary experience IMO and getting both feels normal to me. I just wish I picked it Digital though as I don't play for long times and switching cartridges all the time bugs me.

I honestly think that the HHD game should have been DLC instead of a spinoff, but Nintendo and the marketing they use... they just make you get a separate game for what should've been possibly $20 as DLC for new leaf, if that.

This has nothing to do with marketting. It's probably more like, it wasn't possible at all to do this as a DLC? It's not that easy you know.

This has nothing to do with marketting. It's probably more like, it wasn't possible at all to do this as a DLC? It's not that easy you know.
now now, he is just suggesting that the game is not good enough to be a game, there is no marketing (ok maybe the $20 thing but really?), if anything it could have been a small eshop game, but a full game is just... strange.

Yes becuase New Leaf you can play for a LONG time without getting bored but on HHD I got bored after a month.

I would definitely buy New Leaf over Happy Home Designer. This is because of the following reasons-
  • New Leaf is a main game while HappY Home Designer is a spin- off game.
  • There are a lot of cool things you can do in New Leaf life fishing, catching bugs, increasing the museum collection and more. Happy Home Designer just lets you decorate homes (with psychic powers xD)
  • New Leaf will keep you playing for quite a while. You would get bored of HHD pretty quick.
If you like decorating houses over other things, HHD is what you should go for.

now now, he is just suggesting that the game is not good enough to be a game, there is no marketing

but Nintendo and the marketing they use...

???

the word marketing is out of place in that sentence, it is not marketing, it is simply being fianacily logical.

I've only played New Leaf, and as I liked this game so much I would choose it over HHD. Plus, HHD doesn't look as attractive as New Leaf.

New leaf is better, and you should trust me. I have played Animal Crossing for years and years. Ever since Gamecube days and I can say that HHA is almost useless. If you want to splash out tons of Cash on what should have been a DLC for new leaf then please do. I'm not stopping you, but If your smart and you actually conserve cash like you should do get New Leaf. Not to mention the amazing gameplay and how much of a time waster New leaf actually is, It is at least an 8/10 and at my standards, 9.5/10. Amazing game. Just Amazing :)

Does anyone truly want HHA over New LeaF?

Buy new leaf its better its like the best out of the best

Yes, I'd definitely buy new leaf over happy home designer, I don't know mich about the game but I played new leaf a bunch of times and I love the game, but I don't play it all the time, I haven't played happy home designer but my brother has and he hates it so I'm gonna trust his word.

Well, I'd do the same as everyone else here. I'd buy New Leaf (in this instance let's think that I don't already have it) because as everyone else said it has tons more gameplay and many more features. Though, if I had the money for both games I'd definitely get them both because HHD is right down my alley of gaming but it has been said to be boring after a while. Which would be a waste of money in my opinion. I do like it's features, though. I just think it should have New Leaf features and it's own features because that would make a great game.

If I had to choose between the two games, I would by New Leaf. New Leaf was the first game for my 3DS that I had picked out and I chose it for a few reasons that still stand today. It's a very casual game, which I love. I am by no means a skilled gamer and I tend to get frustrated or just defeated by tougher games and quit. The game is also one that never truly, "ends" which was a big appeal to me. It lasts a long time, which it has for me, but it's been a good long time. It's not mind numbingly repetitive and with the option of viewing different towns/trading items there is always something fun to do. You can model your town in a different way to keep things interesting too.

HHD while it sounds cute and fun, if I had to pick one or the other I would choose New Leaf. If HHD was less expensive, then I would own it already. I just can't justify paying $50 for a game that has iffy longevity when I don't get games frequently.

i would buy new leaf because it is a fre roam game and it is jist like real life and i love those type of games

I actually had to make this decision today at the store,but I went with Fantasy Life instead. I would've picked Home Designer over New Leaf. I don't know, Home Designer reminds me of the Sims games,but I wanted a game that focused on the character making a life for themselves. I'd probably get it next time though.

definately new leaf its way better because you have your own house and town. in happy homes all you do is
build rooms in houses or main street buildings. (honestly i dont think anyone prefers HHD)

definately new leaf its way better because you have your own house and town. in happy homes all you do is
build rooms in houses or main street buildings. (honestly i dont think anyone prefers HHD)

Well, that would make sense - as this is the Animal Crossing Fanbase and all. It would be expected that most people had great experiences with New Leaf, so Happy Home Designer is in a weird situation: It's between choosing a traditional Animal Crossing game, or one that a lot of people see as a weird knock-off. And since AC:NL had a few games to perfect its sort of sandbox-like gameplay, it manages to stay interesting for a lot longer as there is more things to do. I see the appeal of Happy Home Designer, but it does look more like a casual market grab or fanservice game, as lots of people wanted control over what the villager's homes looked like.

(Maybe it's experimentation for the new design system in next animal crossing - as most is hoping for that. So it at least got their game mechanics down pat...)

Back