Would you hit a girl?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Let's say your girlfriend is mad at you and she tries to fight you by hitting you repeatedly multiple times (that probably wouldn't seriously hurt you - pounds chest - ), would you hit her back or would you try to restrain her?
I probably would first attempt to stop her from hitting me further. I wouldn't resort to violence as long as its possible.

For example, one of your friends went up to a girl and told her you said she looks fat without you knowing. She might come up to you and just pass one across your face.

Oh in that case, it would be better to just have her explain it, and then she and I can go slap that other guy together. :sneaky:

Let's say your girlfriend is mad at you and she tries to fight you by hitting you repeatedly multiple times (that probably wouldn't seriously hurt you - pounds chest - ), would you hit her back or would you try to restrain her?

Catch her punches, but if she gets especially violent (like she picks up a knife or a gun), then something needs to be done. Our relationship may or may not still exist when it's all over. I definitely do not want to date a lady who takes out her frustration or angry by beating me.

Reactions: Duffy
I'm a girl and I'm more about self defense than starting fight s. So im going to talk with that view in mind.

obviously if a stranger attacks you male or female you dont hold back. There's a choice not to but it's safe especially since you cant know why they are attacking you.

if a friend tries they're either not a great friend, not very smart, or kinda violent. No matter what its up to you and your relationship for it to decide.

That goes for a significant other too.

In the end you dont always have an optionoption. Sometimes you have to hit back if someone throws the first punch.

I learned taequondo once, and that is pretty good at fending off attacker’s. The basic block actually hurts the arm that was approaching, so it creates a fake defensive field around me that says “oh if i get my arms to close then my arms will hurt” though scaringoff people who actually are trying to hurt me would be a good amount harder. I could try some of the punches and kicks i learned, because they are all slightly flashy but actually would hurt if i do them right, so maybe they would back away. I think my brothers ( who are black belts, unlike me) learned some restraining moves that can stop the fight at the first punch, but I didn’t get that far. Now, to actually answer the question, if somebody tried to hit me, I would either take the hit, or if I feel threatened I would probably block (but I dunno I don’t have the instincts of a taequondo master, i might just get hit because I don’t see it coming)
Afterwards I would ask why she did it.
If i was being attacked by several harder punches and or kicks, i might throw in a kick or punch myself to let them know that yes, i can fight back and it would hurt if i do.

Refusing to hit a woman when you would hit a man out of some misguided sense of chivalry is only condescending, and hardly belongs in a modern society preaching equality (which some do).

I'd only attack or hit someone in self-defence (as a last resort), the gender of your attacker is less important in such a situation.
Finally. It is true. I do feel some hold back to hitting a girl even if she hits me because we were designed to have natural protective instinct of the ones that raise children. However, in self-defense, I might just have to. I really hate it when girls bring up the "you'd hit a girl?" card.

yay i would

I've been hit a couple of times by both genders, mostly because siblings but twice outside that from dudes and once from a girl.

I can't get myself to physically harm people, no matter the gender. However, if I am much more definsive around males due to several incidents, and I've thought about hitting them a few times if they tried something but I've never acted on those thoughts. I can't say I've thought the same about women, I'd probably just keep trying to talk to them. It's really hard for me to picture myself in that scenario though because I usually get along well with people or just never interact with them beyond simple courtesy and a "how are you" thing.

So in conclusion, if I felt threatened I'd be more prepared to deck a man than a women, but I wouldn't be throwing the first punch in either scenario.

Honestly, I would do my absolute best not to harm her. If she tries to fight me, though, there’s no way I’m just gonna sit there and take it. I would either hold her back or physically restrain her. There’s no way I would take that from anyone, male or female. So, in conclusion, I’m not about to go out of my way to smack a girl, but I’m not afraid of defending myself from one either.

Reactions: AricAttack
In self defence, of course.

Also not a dude and this thread assumes everyone reading is.

I don't think anyone should hit each other but I agree that yes, if you're a man and your life is threatened by a woman then I think it's acceptable to defend yourself.

Realistically, most girls might just slap you if you insult them in some way or something. For example, one of your friends went up to a girl and told her you said she looks fat without you knowing. She might come up to you and just pass one across your face.
This is stuff out of teen drama fiction and not realistic at all. I'd even argue given women are systematically taught that they are responsible if they get hurt ('you were wearing something too revealing,' 'you didn't carry your keys,' 'you didn't use your phone') most wouldn't even think to rock the boat in that regard. Because men can and DO kill us. It's obviously wrong that we're taught these things because it takes all the blame off the perpetrator and puts in on the victim but here we are. It's a whole thing and gets me mad as hell.

This is stuff out of teen drama fiction and not realistic at all. I'd even argue given women are systematically taught that they are responsible if they get hurt ('you were wearing something too revealing,' 'you didn't carry your keys,' 'you didn't use your phone') most wouldn't even think to rock the boat in that regard. Because men can and DO kill us.
It depends on the person.

Can you imagine going up to a girl who is a little ghetto and not being injured if you try to hurt them? Sure, they'll likely insult you back first but things can go bad. Some people tend to resort to violence. If they don't do it themselves, they might get someone else to do it.

Of course, a kind, quiet girl will never do such a thing.

I wouldnt id block or dodge mybe even push em back if i needed to block(or find something to block with).. Now a girl whos had a sex change to a male is a whole diff story tho lol

Can you describe 'a little ghetto' because I have no idea what you're on about. And you shouldn't try to hurt them in the first place.

Of course, a kind, quiet girl will never do such a thing.
This gives me heaps of gross vibes. Women are multi-faceted people and this pigeonholes the into a tropey personality.

I don't know how many women and girls you've spoken to but there's more to them than the rigid archetypes of media

Can you describe 'a little ghetto' because I have no idea what you're on about.
A bad "beach" (female dog) or someone who wants / tries to be a bad "beach".

Edit: oh, and no decently-aged woman is going to lay their hands on a stranger, similarly to how some men have to try to refrain themselves from punching someone when they really really want to. No one really wants to be arrested or sued for petty things.
And you shouldn't try to hurt them in the first place.
Yet it's still inevitable. Last month I was hanging out with a group of friends. This man who looked like a vagrant was riding his bike and shouted at one of my friends saying she was ugly, right out of the blue.

Last edited:
A bad "beach" (female dog) or someone who wants / tries to be a bad "beach".

Edit: oh, and no decently-aged woman is going to lay their hands on a stranger, similarly to how some men have to try to refrain themselves from punching someone when they really really want to. No one really wants to be arrested or sued for petty things.

Yet it's still inevitable. Last month I was hanging out with a group of friends. This man who looked like a vagrant was riding his bike and shouted at one of my friends saying she was ugly, right out of the blue.
That's messed up...anyone who would tell my friend, or anyone, that deserved to be punched right off their bike, male or female (NOTE: I wouldn't actually go over there and knock him off, but I would chase him down and say something. If he start a physical fight, there's no turning back and there's nothing wrong on my part. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but if someone laid their hands on my friend...I might 'accidentally' kill them. (I'm joking about the kill, I hope, but I certainly would knock their lights out!)

If you're a so called "gender equality" person or the girl is it would be hypocritical to NOT hit her back. Not wanting to be political but feminists are full of crap, they love spouting debunked scenarios like the "wage gap" or the "1 in 5 women get molested by a man" but than expect to be superior with the "I shouldn't be hit if I hit someone back" or "woman shouldn't be drafted".

In my opinion, I'd call them out (man or woman). Hitting anyone back is just asking for a full brawl, so at least speaking to them (threating legal action if it's bad) would be my solution before hitting back. I wouldn't let myself get beatup by a woman though, I would act in self defense as any reasonable person would.

Now that I think about it a bit more, it is feminist. If women want to be treated the same way as men, then they have to be willing to take the same things as well. They say, 'you'd hit a girl?' and it makes me angry. Of course, if you hit that girl than you get criticized for hitting one and seen as heartless, cold, and callus. If you get hit by that girl, you're seen as weak and made fun of. So it gets really confusing a to what you should do when such problems get started with a girl. The answer? Run!

The bottom line is, girls, if you want to push feminism, don't cry for the reason of being a girl if you get hit. If you're going to cry anyone, that I don't want to hear another thing about women's rights.

All in favor, say I!

Reactions: Samster
if is necesary , i will defend myself , the same way if i had to defend myself if a guy attacked me, i dont care if is a man, woman,annimal or kid if the situacion is dangerous and needs violence to protect myself or my loved ones

even a crazy kid/teen with a knife triyng to attack you can be dangerous

Men want equal rights so they can hit women. Women want equal rights so they don't get murdered.

Men want equal rights so they can hit women. Women want equal rights so they don't get murdered.
Pretty sure that statement is false, at least in most countries

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
Back