Xbox One UK Sales Set to Pass Wii U's Lifetime Overall Sales.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

It's well known and statistically clear that the Wii U has had a poor start on the market, a trend the company is striving to turn around with cheaper prices, value bundle offers, increased marketing and major game releases. The challenge ahead has been brought into focus this week in the UK, however,reports show that the Xbox One has sold around 150,000 units in its first 48 hours: that's apparently just a few thousand units short of the Wii U's overall UK sales since its own launch nearly a year ago.

It's not just in the UK that the Wii U's year-long head start is in danger of being lost. While Microsoft reported around one million sales across various territories in its first 24 hours . As of 30th September Nintendo reported 1.75 million Wii U hardware sales in "The Americas", once again showing the slow progress of sales. As in every territory, Nintendo of America will be hoping its marketing, major releases and alternative target audience — as demonstrated in its TV adverts — will give the Wii U a seasonal shopping lift.

The UK figure is disappointing, and we'll soon see whether the Nintendo Holiday lineup leads to a revival in the platform's fortunes around the world.

What do you guys think about the Xbox One sales and do you think it will surpass the Wii U, will the Wii U ever make a come-back and were you surprise when learning about this news ?

9f112f9265094c9061c3da654db1f97e.jpg

Yeah, Nintendo is having a tough time with the Wii U. I blame the media, as always!

In any case, the XB1 is just going to flop later on. It's been much more hyped by media, and with 360 momentum (albeit in a reduced state), people will naturally flock to it faster. Look at the long-term, not the short-term.

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx and Reece
Yeah, Nintendo is having a tough time with the Wii U. I blame the media, as always!

In any case, the XB1 is just going to flop later on. It's been much more hyped by media, and with 360 momentum (albeit in a reduced state), people will naturally flock to it faster. Look at the long-term, not the short-term.
Yup, I agree totally, the media always hype stuff and the regular person may actually think that the product is good, and goes onto buying it, I honestly thought the Xbox One would have terrible sales on launch but somewhere in the future it will fall of the radar.

Well, I won't buy the WiiU (since I have bought my 3DS recently), but I wish Nintendo not to end up like Sega and their Dreamcast. As for the XB1 and the PS4, they are going to put Nintendo in really big danger, as I can read on a french video games site.

Well, I won't buy the WiiU (since I have bought my 3DS recently), but I wish Nintendo not to end up like Sega and their Dreamcast. As for the XB1 and the PS4, they are going to put Nintendo in really big danger, as I can read on a french video games site.
Wii U will make a comeback hopefully. It's kinda disappointing that it isn't like Wii sales in which it was so hard to find one when it was launched because many stores would run out of stock

Yes, Wii U will make a comeback. Knowing Nintendo, they are planning some more epic games.

Yup, I agree totally, the media always hype stuff and the regular person may actually think that the product is good, and goes onto buying it, I honestly thought the Xbox One would have terrible sales on launch but somewhere in the future it will fall of the radar.
Xbox One somewhat made up for the terrible press coverage towards the end it seems. Also, a lot of the people that bashed on the Xbox One have said they liked it, so it's kinda overturned it a bit. Oh well, it's not too late for the tides to turn though. Once Nintendo continuously unleashes it's secret weapon in the form of legit games, it could possibly be "gg Xbox One"

Xbox One somewhat made up for the terrible press coverage towards the end it seems. Also, a lot of the people that bashed on the Xbox One have said they liked it, so it's kinda overturned it a bit. Oh well, it's not too late for the tides to turn though. Once Nintendo continuously unleashes it's secret weapon in the form of legit games, it could possibly be "gg Xbox One"
Yeah, I heard a lot of hardware dysfunctions were reported on behalf of the people who bought it, I am sure Nintendo will make a comeback with the Xbox One sales for sure, we just gotta wait for the long list of anticipated games that are said to be released next year, arrive on the market.

Anyway, both XB1 and PS4 got hardware dysfunctions, and as what I have heard (French Video Game Sites), the PS4 is doing as much noise as an airplane. Sure that Nintendo could come back, and even clash both XB1/PS4. We just have to be patient and see those "Nintendo Sucks"-guys getting speechless.

Reactions: Reece
Anyway, both XB1 and PS4 got hardware dysfunctions, and as what I have heard (French Video Game Sites), the PS4 is doing as much noise as an airplane. Sure that Nintendo could come back, and even clash both XB1/PS4. We just have to be patient and see those "Nintendo Sucks"-guys getting speechless.

To be honest though, idk if we'll ever see the "Nintendo Sucks"-guys get speechless. Haters always find something to hate on even when a system is good

Like everybody says: "Haters gonna hate!" But they don't know what they are missing !

Like everybody says: "Haters gonna hate!" But they don't know what they are missing !
Yup and they never will lol They'll just continue to look stupid while we continue to have fun with the system they hate on. The circle of (gaming) life :p

Yes. While the "Pro-S" (People who love Sony [expression used in France]) and the "Pro-M" (Same, but for Microsoft, this time) are fighting on "Xbox is the best gaming machine" and "NO! PS Rules and Xbox Sucks", Nintendo Fans are enjoying their consoles !

yeah pretty much. Although if I were to have to choose between PS4 or XboxOne I'd definitely go for PS4. Sony is better than Microsoft imo

Personally, I won't choose any of the XB1 and PS4, since I have just bought a powerful laptop, and a 3DS !

lol yeah PC rules the gaming market for sure when it's a powerful one. And yeah, with 3DS as well you've basically got a wide variety of games :p

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Yes, that's why I won't buy XB1 neither PS4.

(Even more, if you consider that my laptop can play Skyrim with High Quality without any freeze !)

Reactions: ShinyLatios
not to mention the fact that XboxOne and PS4 don't offer backwards compatibility (as expected) like Nintendo consoles do....I wonder if they'll ever learn that such a feature is a good idea to have :p

Yes, one more point for Nintendo: Backward compatibility !
(Even the 3DS is compatible with DS Games, while the XB1 and the PS4 aren't compatible with 360 and PS3 games. The next gen made by Microsoft and Sony, suck. Go Nintendo !)

Xbox One > Wii U

Nintendo should stop acting childish and get with the program. Online restrictions is not fun anymore.

Being that this is a forum with mostly Nintendo fans, I expect some opposition, but I do not possess favoritism when it comes to gaming consoles. I go with what I personally think is the best. The Wii U is not getting the job done (in my opinion). The sales even say it all.

Reactions: JunZhi
Back