Your First experience with Animal Crossing?

• Thread starter Panguinix
  • Start date

Do you like New Leaf?

• Yes

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
Who got you playing the game?
People who shared their thoughts about the game. I was iffy about it at first, :panda:
Why did you buy or play the game?
A lot of people I know highly recommended it around the game's release so I decided to give it a shot. Call it curiosity if you must. I think I purchased it on Day 2 or 3 but it was worth every penny.
At the time did you like it?
Yup!
Thoughts on the Newest Animal Crossing?
I loved it but I don't think I'll play it much after the release of Pokemon X/Y.

My first and last Animal Crossing game was Wild World for the DS. I despised it :panda:

The thing that annoyed me most and was exceedingly grating was the 'zabazaza' sounds the characters made while talking. It gave me a headache. No voices at all would have been infinitely preferable.

Secondly, I hated the titchy red nose that my character was invariably given; it made him look like a drunkard.

Lastly, the cylindrical 'open world' (for a DS game) scared me for some reason. It's like when humans first discovered that the Earth was round - I kept thinking my character would fall off.

These are childish complaints and maybe I was ill at the time (to decide to play a game like Animal Crossing :p ) so all this stuff was intensified tenfold, but it was enough for me to say, "Not for me!" :bag:

Reactions: 3823
Yes, I know I'm late, but I'm probably going to buy it soon. I chose it over Bravely Default because I already have Fire Emblem: Awakening (which is imo definately one of the best 3DS games out there) and I saw that the story wasn't that great. I was also looking for a game with many gameplay hours :)

1) I did. I saw an ad for it when I was pretty little, and when I finally got my first gaming system when I was older, I thought that it would be a good game to start on.

2) Like I said, good game to start with.

3) I loved it!

4) It's great.

I loved it but I don't think I'll play it much after the release of Pokemon X/Y.

lol i think that pokemon is out. but i get what ur saying i slowed down on it after pokemon X and Y also. but i still think that it is fun.

Reactions: Marc
Why did you buy or play the game? It look really fun and relax in ad.
At the time did you like it? Of course!
Thoughts on the Newest Animal Crossing? Great. Worth to p(l)ay.

I was maybe seven or eight when my little picked out Animal Crossing for the GameCube from Wal-Mart, funny thing is when my mom found out that you had to get a job and pay off a mortgage she required us to play it. She'd say

:cool:: Jeff did you pay off your house
:p: No mommy
:meh:: (insert a lecture about being responsible)
:rotfl:: Okay mommy (goes to play AC)

Despite my mom pushing it onto me, I would always play it and I would enjoy it even if I was a bully to the other villagers (I loved pushing them into pitfalls) or change into a regular shirt and watch Nook flip out. I would play it to get away from real life, I know that we all had moments were we get frustrated and want to escape Animal Crossing gave me that.

I love the new one just as much as the others .

Reactions: 3823 and 18
  • Who got you playing the game? - It was recommended by my brother when I asked him what other great games in 3ds.. other than pokemon.
  • Why did you buy or play the game? - I bought it 2nd hand because it doesn't have demo available in the eshop. At almost half price, I won't regret buying at full price. lol. does this makes sense. state the obvious.
  • At the time did you like it? - yep, I really did love it. And I almost didn't have a life back then. I stopped playing when my semester in the university was at its peak for requirements. :rolleyes:
  • Thoughts on the Newest Animal Crossing? - It's really a great game. But you really need to plan your character's face first.

1. I'm the one who decide to buy the game but my mom bought it for me.
2. Because it is a big hit and I never played one before so I would like to try. Many of my friends played it as well
3. I like it but it gets boring after a while. I do play it once in a while due to the events/festivals etc.
4. I have no idea. Maybe more on Streetpass feature?

- @Aquas made me curious.
- Same as above
- I liked it for about 3 weeks. Yes.
- I think New Leaf is a well made game that falls short of offering a game you should play daily.

1. I did some research on good Nintendo DS games (I had no good game and I thank myself that I did thatresearch:)).
2. Watched Youtube videos and read reviews on the game (acnl was a key factor of me getting a 3ds)
3. Yeah. It was my second favourite game after pokemon. Now ac has beat pokemon for me
4. You mean acnl? My favouritem game. One word- awesome!

1 : My sister got me Anima Crossing Wild World, Which made me interested in the series, ending in me getting New Leaf
2 : I played New Leaf because I liked the graphics and it just looked great :D
3 : Yes, and I still do!
4 : If you mean New Leaf, I think it will never get boring to me again and that it is really great.

1.)Who got you playing the game?

I wanted the game myself. I loved ACWW and was so hyped when this came out.

2.)Why did you buy or play the game?

I love the Concept of AC and having a fake life and all :whistle:

Just kidding. They added so many features to the game and actually improved it. It was 10x better than City folk. Besides choosing where villagers live ._.

3.)At the time did you like it?

I did like it at the time. But one day I was playing ACNL in my room and my sister was crying. I asked her why she was crying (she's 7) and she said you don't play with me xD. So right when I was going to get off ACNL, my dad marches in... takes the game chip out of my ds and smashes it with a hammer. ;_; He got me another copy the next day, but my interest for that game had dropped because I had to start over.

4.)Thoughts on the Newest Animal Crossing?

I love it. It's an amazing relaxing game that doesn't force you to do anything. It does get boring after a while though, but I still love it.:rotfl:

1. Myself, I got it as a birthday gift the year it came out
2. I had never played an animal crossing game before and wanted to try one
3. I loved it provably spent over 50 hours in the first month.
4. New leaf is the only one I have played and own and it lives up to my expectations. The mayor idea for the game was genius

1. ACWW got me playing New Leaf. My brother used to play ACWW on his DS which got me playing ACWW and ACNL
2. Bought the game because I liked ACWW and wanted to experience what New Leaf is like.
3. Yup, I loved it.
4. Awesome

I don't even remember how I got Animal Crossing for the GameCube, or who bought it for me, but I sure am thankful they did. I remember playing around with it, and being the age I was at the time (9 maybe?), I didn't really understand it much. It wasn't all that exciting, because I didn't care about customization. I just wanted something to happen. Now, it still sits on my shelf, and I always have the urge to plug my GameCube (or my Wii) back up and play it again. These games are so much fun now :3

I played Animal Crossing Wild World. One of my cow friends, Angus by name, invited me to his house for his birthdya ata certain time. My game was out of sync with the actual time and my DS time, so by the time I got there Angus was wailing to me about how I missed his birthday...

1. I played it myself when I kept hearing that this game is great.
2. I bought this game because none of my friends own this game, or maybe never heard of it until Villager was confirmed for Smash.
3. I thought is was great. I usually play it at night so I can check on my Town and my favorite villager to see how he is doing.
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf is my first game, and I find it great. However, all I do now is water the flowers, sometimes clean up my town and decorate my house, see what is new in the stores, and eventually stopping there.

I played acnl first but really, I don't think I would've been interested at animal crossing if it weren't for the pawn shop that had this game for $10! I bought this on a whim and fell in love. Only problem now is that i'm busy with other things. I wish I had some time to play it again.

-Just myself? I'm not sure I understand the question. Nobody recommended me the game, if that's what you mean.

-I didn't have many 3DS games back when I bought Animal Crossing New Leaf. I was watching/reading reviews about various 3DS games and Animal Crossing New Leaf caught my eye. I looked into it more and the reviews were all positive and everything they said sounded like a game I would enjoy so I bought it.

-I did! And I still do love it. I do not regret purchasing the game at all!

-This is asking my thoughts on New Leaf? I love it. It is my favourite 3DS game. I play it rather often, I mean sometimes I'll put it down and not get back to it for weeks or a month (I put of seeing if a villager has moved out or not haha) but whenever I play it I get sucked back into the world and I check on it pretty regularly for a while.

Back