your thoughts on atheists.

• Thread starter cloudmario666
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
(DISCLAIMER im not making this for fights to happen just for people to express there feelings) so im a atheist.....are you a atheist or are you a believer or whatever people call themselves.explain why you believe or dont believe. Ps. sorry if i sound like a douchebag.
when i was a kid my mom always made me go to church but lucky for me everyday i would watch a science channel and i learned everything about the solar system so when i when't to church i never payed attention i either thought about the solar system and how big and interesting it is or i played gameboy.
i dont understand how people believe in a book and base their life on it. its like me reading a harry potter and being like "hey this book is good im going to worship it and im pretty sure this book is 100% true so lets get praying to harry potter.i was reading some comments and someone said something about air and how we cant see it but its still there (i guess he was trying to make a point lol) if you ever used a microscope you can see air molecules and can even feel the air and see the wind move stuff around.

when i was a kid my mom always made me go to church but lucky for me everyday i would watch a science channel and i learned everything about the solar system so when i when't to church i never payed attention i either thought about the solar system and how big and interesting it is or i played gameboy.
i dont understand how people believe in a book and base their life on it. its like me reading a harry potter and being like "hey this book is good im going to worship it and im pretty sure this book is 100% true so lets get praying to harry potter.i was reading some comments and someone said something about air and how we cant see it but its still there (i guess he was trying to make a point lol) if you ever used a microscope you can see air molecules and can even feel the air and see the wind move stuff around.
It's fine if you don't understand but don't compare fantasy to the Bible.

Also, see air with the naked eye

Reactions: atomic_ian
Well ok then. You're totally free to ignore all the points of acceptance, honor, compassion, peace, and respect among people despite their given faiths or lack thereof.

This thread can die now. We've done all we could tho.

Reactions: atomic_ian, cloudmario666, Natsu Swagneel and 1 other person
This is the first time i saw a Thread go this much from Stupid to intelligent and vice versa
Odd,isnt it?

Also regarding "people dont worship Harry Potter"
Im pretty sure there already is a Harry Potter religion

Reactions: MindzEye
This is the first time i saw a Thread go this much from Stupid to intelligent and vice versa
Odd,isnt it?

Also regarding "people dont worship Harry Potter"
Im pretty sure there already is a Harry Potter religion
Aren't they called muggles?
Relax all you muggles, I have an awesome brother who is one, and he is well balanced on his potter-to-person ratio.

I am a Christian, and one of my best friends is an Agnostic Atheist. And a few others are Atheists. No matter what religion anyone is, as long as they're nice to me, I'm nice to them and willing to listen to their views. In fact, whenever Christians are hateful and bigoted towards Atheists, it enrages me. That's not what we're supposed to do. If "you're going to hell" or "Atheists are evil" is the first thing or most of what they hear from Christians, that's gonna give us a bad reputation. Have we forgotten what the Bible said about loving your neighbor and not judging?
TL;DR I respect anybody's views as long as that person is nice. That's what we all should do.

Reactions: Kakea, Shin, MindzEye and 4 others
Someone said this to me a few times;
"If I'm wrong, I'm dead. If you're wrong, you'll regret it for eternity."
That's just not how I see it. That the above is still argued is why I don't normally express my spiritual opinions - there is no all-or-nothing to me, and just discussing differing opinions to a guy that thinks like that is my wasted air.

I'm just glad there are more guys like @redhairshark on here than there are the bigoted and pushy faithful/faithless. Last thing we need is to strangle each other with what we believe.

Reactions: Link-182
Why isn't this dead

Because you want it to be.
I mean I didn't want certain tragedies to happen so are you saying I caused that. Are you saying the opposite of what I want happens? What would happen if I said I wanted you to live to see tomorrow, hm?

Reactions: MindzEye
I mean I didn't want certain tragedies to happen so are you saying I caused that. Are you saying the opposite of what I want happens? What would happen if I said I wanted you to live to see tomorrow, hm?
It's all your fault Tatsu, all of it

It's all your fault Tatsu, all of it
I didn't know I was George W. Bush fam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back