YouTube for Nintendo 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I think it will be an app like Hulu or Netflix...
That would be unfortunate for @reece1100 because she could not watch anime on any anime-sharing site.

That would be unfortunate for @reece1100 because she could not watch anime on any anime-sharing site.
Well that sucks, oh well, guess I will have to start watching everything on Youtube then, it would have been cool, so that means that the Browser will not be updated because the Youtube will be an app standing by itself, right ?

Normally I would have been overjoyed, but YouTube has been blocked in my country for over a year and won't be coming back any time soon. Pfft. :(

Reactions: Reece
Normally I would have been overjoyed, but YouTube has been blocked in my country for over a year and won't be coming back any time soon. Pfft. :(
Wow, that sucks, I hope they unblock it rather soon :(

do you mean your Ninty region you chose? ewww.

do you mean your Ninty region you chose? ewww.
No, the whole country.

No, the whole country.

You can use proxy...

But I bet that isn't Google ban, I think it must be a ban from USA...
Just to be sure: What about dailymotion?

Wow, that sucks, I hope they unblock it rather soon :(
There are anime series on YouTube too.

You can use proxy...

I know but I find it difficult to find, and most of the time its in parts.

It's true. You'll finally be able to watch your favorite YouTube videos on your Nintendo 3DS. This has been announced today by Nintendo. An app will be available for the 3DS sometime this month, :woot: (at least in North America)

The app will allow 3DS users to search for YouTube videos on the device's bottom screen.

What are your thoughts?
After 8 years they put youtube on a 3ds console instead of ds and dsi lol.

After 8 years they put youtube on a 3ds console instead of ds and dsi lol.
Well I was dissapointed in Youtube not being on the 3DS (I thought it would have) but wasn't expecting anything except an internet browser for the DSi, I am quite happy about Nintendo making this huge update :)

You can use proxy...

Not on the 3DS.

Is it going to be as a separate YouTube app, or are they updating the 3DS Browser app to make it possible to view videos in general?

Is it going to be as a separate YouTube app, or are they updating the 3DS Browser app to make it possible to view videos in general?

I think it would be a separate app.

Awww ok :/ I guess that means the anime stuff that isn't on YouTube can't be viewed on my 3DS (oh well, at least I still have Death Note :p)

Anyone knows when it's expected to release? For Europe?

Anyone knows when it's expected to release? For Europe?

The update is worldwide (for every console).
The date isn't revealed.

Well I am disappointed, I wanted them to update the browser not make a separate app..

They should make youtube for 3ds because all the other systems I use youtube on die fast and the 3ds is the thing I charge the most so the 3ds should have youtube

They should make youtube for 3ds because all the other systems I use youtube on die fast and the 3ds is the thing I charge the most so the 3ds should have youtube

That's what they're doing...They said so in a recent direct.

I'm glad they're doing this. Although I'm not sure if I'll even use it myself. But many other people I know have wanted it for so long. It'll be a nice thing to have on the 3DS.

Back