YouTube for Nintendo 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
That's what they're doing...They said so in a recent direct.

I'm glad they're doing this. Although I'm not sure if I'll even use it myself. But many other people I know have wanted it for so long. It'll be a nice thing to have on the 3DS.
I myself won't want to use it
1st reason - the screen would be not as big as ipad screens and computer screens so it's hard to focus on the screen.
2nd reason - I don't use my 3ds that much.

I myself won't want to use it
1st reason - the screen would be not as big as ipad screens and computer screens so it's hard to focus on the screen.
2nd reason - I don't use my 3ds that much.

Well, I will use (a lot) the YouTube app ONLY if it has 3D feature.

I don't wanna be a bummer but to be honest I doubt that it will, but you never know, I wanna be optimistic, it would be extremely cool though to see videos in 3D, especially movies.

I will use it alot. no mater if it has 3d or not. it is a lot more acesobable for me than on a regular computer.

The more I think about it, the more I want to use it. It will be a lot better to use it on my 3DS instead of my iphone. It'll be nice to watch videos on it while I'm doing something on my Mac. I'm a bit excited for it now. xD

It's true. You'll finally be able to watch your favorite YouTube videos on your Nintendo 3DS. This has been announced today by Nintendo. An app will be available for the 3DS sometime this month, :woot: (at least in North America)

The app will allow 3DS users to search for YouTube videos on the device's bottom screen.

What are your thoughts?

I do not really like it that much, I do not see why I need it when I can go on my TV or iPad and watch it in 1080P on my TV and like 720p on my iPad... It even has a bigger screen too... But it is still kind of like a cool gimmick to me.

I do not really like it that much, I do not see why I need it when I can go on my TV or iPad and watch it in 1080P on my TV and like 720p on my iPad... It even has a bigger screen too... But it is still kind of like a cool gimmick to me.

Well obviously there are better alternatives for YouTube on the TV and such. But keep in mind this is a free app on the 3DS that's meant to be a cool addition. It's useful for when you're on the go and just have the 3DS in your pocket (as I don't think an iPad could fit in one's pocket) and happen to go to a place with wifi

Well obviously there are better alternatives for YouTube on the TV and such. But keep in mind this is a free app on the 3DS that's meant to be a cool addition. It's useful for when you're on the go and just have the 3DS in your pocket (as I don't think an iPad could fit in one's pocket) and happen to go to a place with wifi
You could put the ipad in the bag then well if rather have my 3ds in my bag even though it fits in my pocket it makes my legs move more freely when walking around.

You could put the ipad in the bag then well if rather have my 3ds in my bag even though it fits in my pocket it makes my legs move more freely when walking around.
well that's a bag, which is a bit different from a pocket. What if you didn't feel like carrying a bag and only wanted to limit to what could fit in your pocket? With that said, iPad is probably the closest better alternative to 3DS YouTube

According to me YouTube Is useless for nintendo 3ds xl. That what I think because most people watch YouTube on their pc, phone, etc.it also occupy some in nintendo 3ds xl memory and when I use youtube it also buffer many times on nintendo so I hate YouTube for my nintendo 3ds xl.

The youtube app for Nintendo 3ds is HORRIBLE! I mean it's a 3ds at least add the 3D feature. Seconed of all they need to update it frequently. And the Graphics are horrible too! However thanks to NEW 3Ds Xl the 3Ds on the web browser is MUCH better than the app version. I mean it's got the 3D feature, the graphics are improved, and you can change the speed of the video (2x faster 1.5x slower ect.)

The youtube app for Nintendo 3ds is HORRIBLE! I mean it's a 3ds at least add the 3D feature. Seconed of all they need to update it frequently. And the Graphics are horrible too! However thanks to NEW 3Ds Xl the 3Ds on the web browser is MUCH better than the app version. I mean it's got the 3D feature, the graphics are improved, and you can change the speed of the video (2x faster 1.5x slower ect.)
Actually the graphics are much better when you put it in HD,the video on the screen turns more bigger plus i don't think youtube is terrible since it doesn't crash in the middle of a video and how the 3ds is portable it makes it even better.

The youtube app is really a good convenience to some 3ds users and of everything , I didn't expect it to be released when I first heard of the 3ds system . I don't use it as much but it is really convenient to use like when I have to look for some tutoral for a game then I would just click the youtube app then search . It is really quite fast too , well unless you don't got good internet or if ther are any other disruptions...

It was OK but the quality isn't very good. It is at 480pixels or something but that isn't enough for me :( I usually watch at 720pixels. THe sound of the 3ds is kinda blurry sometimes. It is very fast though, which is a plus. I still prefer watchiong youtube on a computer though.

I dont like the app on my current 3ds always lag but maybe the new 3ds is better?

I don't like the Youtube app that much, because it's pretty slow and the quality isn't good. I also think using Youtube on a mobile device or laptop would be much better. But I guess it's a good app for people who don't have a mobile device or laptop and want to use Youtube. You could also use the app to watch guides for your game which could help.

I was overjoyed when you tube came out for the 3ds because i thought it would be great because we had netflix and human Plus which you pay for but, you can watch videos on youtube for free which really reallly reallly pleased me. I was excited!!!!!

huh? "this month"? i already had it since june, i don't get it, Nyaa...
i always had an issue with that though, when i search: the screen darken, i wait 5 minutes, and i back right where i was, i even open a ticket to Google, but no one cares the poor boy that lives in the big city, Kupo...

I don't like you tube on my nintendo 3ds xl
First reason- I do not like youtube on my nintendo because it doesn't have as big screen as my pc

Second reasons-i don't like that stupid app on my nintendo.

Third reason- it increase my nintendo memory.

Well what do you think it's awesome but when youtube has come my eyes are stuck to it LOL!

Back