youtube on 3ds

• Thread starter snc
  • Start date
snc

snc

the king of sword battle
Towns Folk
hey everyone I just saw yesterday that they added you tube to the Nintendo e-shop yesterday and it's free you can watch youtube videos and add your own and view your channel plus more on it and I've got it yesterday so I watched a lot of my favorite youtube series lately without using my computer so try to get it and post replys on this thread for if you like it and what videos you recommend and what channels you recommend
I recommend the channels Tobuscus, sonic battle king, and Brawlfan1 and I hope you will watch their best videos good bye

We know about the YouTube app, but it's actually unstable.
Some users reports some blurry videos, no 3D, and crashes.

However, I'm glad for you if everything works perfectly. I'll try this app with my PAL 3DS, to check if
Nintendo patched all/some of the problems.

ok I had no idea every one knew about it and I don't think there is supposed to be 3d usage for the app

Perhaps it will have a 3D usage in the future, as a few YouTube videos supports 3D.
Actually, we can only wait and see.

I doubt they'd care so much for updating for 3D usage for now because the amount of videos that actually use 3D is a very small minority if one thinks about it.

Yes, of 300 videos I have seen, only 4-5 used 3D.

I really liked this Youtube App, it looks really cool and amazing, i watched pokemon movies with it, but i think this takes a lot of battery of my 3ds, and i did not see any comments page in the app, i hope Nintendo Updates that.

For the battery, they can't really fix that. It comes from hardware. If you use a big chunk of RAM + Full VRAM for reading Youtube Videos, then there will be more electricity going into the components. Same with Android, except that a 3DS lasts longer.

Yeah, I don't really like the app at the moment. I start trying to watch a video and it crashes and makes my 3DS XL system restart :p (I've tried like 2-3 times now...)

System Error for you too ?
Guess I wasn't alone to get this. The first time it happened to me was the day I got my 3DS.
Got on the eShop and noticed a freeze, then *ping* "System Error. The System should restart."

System Error for you too ?
Guess I wasn't alone to get this. The first time it happened to me was the day I got my 3DS.
Got on the eShop and noticed a freeze, then *ping* "System Error. The System should restart."
For me it wasn't even the eShop. I was able to download it just fine and open it. It's only once I start to play a video it happens if anything :/

We know about the YouTube app, but it's actually unstable.
Some users reports some blurry videos, no 3D, and crashes.

However, I'm glad for you if everything works perfectly. I'll try this app with my PAL 3DS, to check if
Nintendo patched all/some of the problems.

Huh, that's funny, when I watch youtube videos on my 3DS it's perfectly fine... BTW I got the 3DS Youtube app the day after it launched on the eshop. I am still kind of sad that there is no 3D content for it even though youtube does have 3D content

Huh, that's funny, when I watch youtube videos on my 3DS it's perfectly fine... BTW I got the 3DS Youtube app the day after it launched on the eshop. I am still kind of sad that there is no 3D content for it even though youtube does have 3D content
For some people it just doesn't work. And I think they were more concerned about getting the ability to play videos in general rather than converting the YouTube 3D, which is really rare among YouTube videos, into the 3DS 3D (as the 3DS has a different method for 3D images). Perhaps they'll release an update in the future to make it better but you never know.

For some people it just doesn't work. And I think they were more concerned about getting the ability to play videos in general rather than converting the YouTube 3D, which is really rare among YouTube videos, into the 3DS 3D (as the 3DS has a different method for 3D images). Perhaps they'll release an update in the future to make it better but you never know.

Dosen't youtube have tons of 3D options? Why don't they change the Cross-Eyed 3D into the 3DS 3D because in both of them the users see two different images. All they have to do is overlap them (I Think)

Dosen't youtube have tons of 3D options? Why don't they change the Cross-Eyed 3D into the 3DS 3D because in both of them the users see two different images. All they have to do is overlap them (I Think)
3DS 3D would require some different modifications I bet as it basically involves two different images being projected from the game system itself. Before they even thought about that though, they had to think of trying to mitigate the crash problem with the app (which is happening for a bunch of people)

Lol no it's not even funny you can only play videos around 22 minutes now just discovered that while watching videos on youtube , probably you were just watching a short video.

Lol no it's not even funny you can only play videos around 22 minutes now just discovered that while watching videos on youtube , probably you were just watching a short video.

Umm... Is english your first language? I meant funny as in funny - weird. Also why do you think they would put a 22 minute restriction? Maybe it is just a glitch but still I hope they end up fixing it.

Umm... Is english your first language? I meant funny as in funny - weird. Also why do you think they would put a 22 minute restriction? Maybe it is just a glitch but still I hope they end up fixing it.
to be fair, most YouTube videos out there are well below 22 minutes, so it really isn't that much of a problem if you think about it. It's only for really long video playthroughs and such where it could be an issue

Yes , English is my first language I have a second language too , it's not a 22 minute restriction it can't load the videos properly that's why it would crash , the 3DS does not even have a ram more than 2 Gb I bet.

hey everyone I just saw yesterday that they added you tube to the Nintendo e-shop yesterday and it's free you can watch youtube videos and add your own and view your channel plus more on it and I've got it yesterday so I watched a lot of my favorite youtube series lately without using my computer so try to get it and post replys on this thread for if you like it and what videos you recommend and what channels you recommend
I recommend the channels Tobuscus, sonic battle king, and Brawlfan1 and I hope you will watch their best videos good bye

I liked the YouTube app before they added the update to it. Now the video screen is a lot smaller and isn't pleasant anymore.

Back