youtube on 3ds

• Thread starter snc
  • Start date
Only if YouTube wasn't blocked in my country, I could've enjoyed it too. Heck, I don't wanna use any proxies because that slows the internet down.

I liked the YouTube app before they added the update to it. Now the video screen is a lot smaller and isn't pleasant anymore.
Personally, I haven't noticed a difference between updates, except for the fact that it's able to start playing videos at least before it crashes. Did they add a new update recently that caused that?

Personally, I haven't noticed a difference between updates, except for the fact that it's able to start playing videos at least before it crashes. Did they add a new update recently that caused that?

That's never happened to me before and I'm not sure either, but the videos do buffer a lot less since the update, I do notice that. All-in-all, I won't be using YouTube on my 3DS that often anyway because Nintendo ruined the only feature that made me want to use the app lol.

That's never happened to me before and I'm not sure either, but the videos do buffer a lot less since the update, I do notice that. All-in-all, I won't be using YouTube on my 3DS that often anyway because Nintendo ruined the only feature that made me want to use the app lol.
You've never had crash problems with the YouTube app? AlsoTo be fair, YouTube was a gimmick anyway, so it's not surprising that it didn't work out well for the 3DS. With that said, the Wii U YouTube app is flawless based on my experience with it.

Reactions: 423
You've never had crash problems with the YouTube app? AlsoTo be fair, YouTube was a gimmick anyway, so it's not surprising that it didn't work out well for the 3DS. With that said, the Wii U YouTube app is flawless based on my experience with it.

Yeah, I don't think the 3DS version works all that great because it was built from scratch. But it is what it is y'know? :p

Yeah, I don't think the 3DS version works all that great because it was built from scratch. But it is what it is y'know? :p
yeah, and maybe in the future Nintendo will figure out a way to incorporate the 3D effect for 3D videos, although it'd probably have to be an all-or-nothing kind of thing given the difference in how YouTube does 3D YouTube videos.

yeah, and maybe in the future Nintendo will figure out a way to incorporate the 3D effect for 3D videos, although it'd probably have to be an all-or-nothing kind of thing given the difference in how YouTube does 3D YouTube videos.

Haha, yet that would probably never happen because if Nintendo did decide to incorporate 3D effect into YouTube videos, the videos would look worse than they already do. Just look back to 3D pictures that you can take on the 3DS, they aren't really all that good imo. It would probably be the same for YouTube.

Haha, yet that would probably never happen because if Nintendo did decide to incorporate 3D effect into YouTube videos, the videos would look worse than they already do. Just look back to 3D pictures that you can take on the 3DS, they aren't really all that good imo. It would probably be the same for YouTube.
Nah, they wouldn't necessarily look worse than they already do. For videos that aren't in 3D, the 3D effect could be disabled (they did that a lot with Pokemon X/Y; 3D slider doesn't do anything in many areas).

The reason 3D pictures aren't that good is mainly because of the camera quality not being that good to begin with imo Not really a good comparison

Nah, they wouldn't necessarily look worse than they already do. For videos that aren't in 3D, the 3D effect could be disabled (they did that a lot with Pokemon X/Y; 3D slider doesn't do anything in many areas).

The reason 3D pictures aren't that good is mainly because of the camera quality not being that good to begin with imo Not really a good comparison

Meh, I don't know, maybe you're right about the 3D.

I think it is a good comparison. The YouTube app has really crummy video quality, in turn making what might be a really good quality video to begin with to still look pretty horrible watching it on your 3DS, since the app downgrades the video quality, and turning on the 3D won't do jack about it. The Nintendo 3DS Camera Isn't much different, making videos and taking pictures with 3D on; The quality of the camera and the 3D feature do not mix. Don't take all of this the wrong way. I respect people's opinions, I'm just elaborating and enlightening you on mine lol.

Meh, I don't know, maybe you're right about the 3D.

I think it is a good comparison. The YouTube app has really crummy video quality, in turn making what might be a really good quality video to begin with to still look pretty horrible watching it on your 3DS, since the app downgrades the video quality, and turning on the 3D won't do jack about it. The Nintendo 3DS Camera Isn't much different, making videos and taking pictures with 3D on; The quality of the camera and the 3D feature do not mix. Don't take all of this the wrong way. I respect people's opinions, I'm just elaborating and enlightening you on mine lol.
Yeah, I'm not offended by your opinion. I just enjoy arguing lol

In any case, yeah, the Nintendo 3DS camera is terrible, but that's entirely different software from the YouTube app. Just because the quality of YouTube videos isn't that good doesn't necessarily mean that the 3D effect couldn't have some use for the YouTube videos that were made for 3D

Yeah, same here lol. So what you're saying is: let's say I uploaded a YouTube video that was filmed from my 3DS. It would be in 3D if I watched it from my 3DS?

Yeah, same here lol. So what you're saying is: let's say I uploaded a YouTube video that was filmed from my 3DS. It would be in 3D if I watched it from my 3DS?
I'd have doubts on that given different 3D formats. The thing is, if Nintendo were to support 3D on YouTube, they'd have to adjust for compatibility issues, because I think they do 3D differently

yeah its cool but unstable because i tried it quite a few times and 0n some of them , not all , it would suddenly just freeze then the whole 3ds would restart itself and its quite annoying - i recommend just watch it on your computer unless you r hiding under the bedsheets hehe bad boy

The Youtube App is actually a modified web browser for the 3DS that supports HTML5. You're really running mobile Youtube on it. It's not that bad but I think it could be a lot better. The 3DS can support 480p (confirmed), so the quality could be alot better.

I tried to go on YouTube via the browser but it didn't show the video; so this is a really useful addition.

I tried to go on YouTube via the browser but it didn't show the video; so this is a really useful addition.
The Youtube App itself is the browser. Nintendo probably gave Google the source code for the Internet browser and they beefed it up. If you go to m.youtube.com on a mobile device, it's the same thing.

Oh, OK, thanks for the help.

The only thing I dislike is it's getting much slower to watch youtube on my XL than my iPhone..
With the same wifi connection :confused:

So, i didnt try to use it that much for now

The only thing I dislike is it's getting much slower to watch youtube on my XL than my iPhone..
With the same wifi connection :confused:

So, i didnt try to use it that much for now
well, the YouTube app is inferior for 3DS than for iPhone, so that's not surprising.

well, the YouTube app is inferior for 3DS than for iPhone, so that's not surprising.

Yeah, figured that much:rolleyes:
Thats why i dont use it anymore:p

Back