What is your favorite Nintendo system ever?

• Thread starter amirally27
  • Start date
amirally27

amirally27

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Out of all the systems that Nintendo has made, WHICH IS #1 ON YOUR LIST?
-Only Pick One
-Reasoning why it is your favorite
-When I say any system, I mean from the NES, to the Gameboy, to the Wii U

Just thought this would be a fun discussion :D

I'd say the Nintendo DS Family for sure :D That would include all of the consoles like the DS, DSi, and the 3ds. It was my first Nintendo console I got and I like how more and more convenient it got over the years. Another asset would be it's portability and all of the cool, memorable games that there was on it during it's time like Pokemon and Zelda. I'd personally say it was the best as well :D

Reactions: T-Player Guy and amirally27
The GameCube defiantly. Just for the sole reason it had the gameboy cartridge compatibility. I remember that I had a total of 3 gamecubes before my father finally decided it was a waste of money. All because I used it too much and the cartridge slot broke each time. I thought it was so cool that I could play my FireRed/Leaf Green on my big gaming TV. My sisters and I didn't have to huddle behind the tiny screen that was a gameboy, but we still fought on who was going to play.

Reactions: amirally27
My favorite nintendo system is probably the 3ds. I love all of the amazing games that you can get on it. Graphics for games is very well but not over the top. The reason that it is my favorite is becaue it is portable so i can bring it wherever I go. To me, I think that the 3ds is the best portable handheld.

My good ol' Nintendo DS Lite after all these years is still my favorite console out of them all.I like how the console tried and succeeded to revolutionize the gaming industry with its two screens on the same portable interaction,and the humongous library of amazing games it has,with a great group of games for all types of gaming preferences.It even introduced me to what you could say is possibly my favorite videogame franchise. :D
Not to mention,of course,you can bring part of this fantastic library with you anywhere you walk through.On the end of the day,the DS is the one I will always mention as my favorite console out of the other ones I own(which are still fun to play with). :)

The DS has pretty much the most impressive library of games in video game history, but I'll have to go with the SNES myself because of its amazing collection of some of the best RPGs video games have ever had to offer. Chrono Trigger, three good Final Fantasies, Dragon Quest if that's your thing, Terranigma, and so on and so forth. I think it speaks volumes that some of the DS' best titles are SNES ports and remakes, too.

The Game Cube for sure been playing that thing since I was very small

Reactions: Sabakarp
My favourite nintendo system is my very own 3ds xl blue as it have wide variety of game ( but right now I only have one game for my 3ds xl :p) actually game boy advance is equally important to me I have spended my chilhood playing games on it for hours I really have many memories with my game boy advance!

What is your favorite Nintendo game console ever, and also why is it your favorite game consle tell me in the comments.

N64 without a doubt. I grew up with it and the selection of great games.

My favourite is my New 3DS, I love the cover plates (Luigi at the moment) and the fact that it's portable. It has a lot of great games on it too, and it helps me survive long car/plane trips.

So far it's the New 3DS because it has a great library of VC (SNES titles like Earthbound, DKC 1-3, Pokémon RBY/TCG, etc.) and a good variety of 3DS games with all the main 1st party titles, and neat upgrades from previous systems like it's own browser, better controls, it's own gimmicks, and it's portable.

Nintendo 64. Back in the day it had some really quality games.
Like Jet Force Gemini and Body Harvest, not to mention the Donkey Kong Games

I miss those! Nowadays everything is inferior, in one way or another...

It had decent graphics back then and I feel wasn't a loss of profits,
like the newer wii u is now.

Also the longevity of the said games was amazing, in its own right.

My favorite nintendo game system was the Nintendo Gamecube because it had the games Pokemon Colloseum,Mario Kart Double Dash,Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Sunshine they were the GC games I used to have and they were the best because I spent my childhood playing it with my neighbors and friends.

Nintendo DS because it has many of my favorite games- Mario kart DS, Tomodachi collection, Rhythm heaven, and New super Mario bros DS.

Gamecube. No doubt. It was my favourite because it had the best games (Pikmin and 2, Legend of Zelda:Windwaker - and Twilight Princess). It had the best controller from that time and I loved the idea of having the handle. The cube shape was great, the specs were great; at least for that time.

I'd have to say that my favorite is/was the Gameboy. It's creation and popularity boomed and now today we have our DS's and Wii U's. Now which VERSION... hm... I guess it's a tie between the GBA and the 3DS. The GBA could play a multitude of games, the big, 1/3 of a dollar bill, cartridges and the half-size GBA games. But then on that note, there's the 3DS, which can also play a number of those big blocky cart. titles, the skinny cart. titles, and a whole new generation of awesome games. And I'd just like to say, Nintendo is a sea of Awesome Sauce wrapped in individual packets of amazing. *bows*

Its a tie between the gamecube and the 3ds. Runner up is Wii U

Its a tie between the gamecube and the 3ds. Runner up is Wii U
Kind of same for me. I still put the 3DS first because the Gamecube "only really" has Melee and F-Zero from my point of view, which is enough to beat any other Nintendo console... except the 3DS which has MH4U, Smash and Pokémon games.
Then the Wii U for Splatoon and Smash.

Reactions: V_Weeb
Handheld console, the DS.

Home console, the Wii.

Tie between those two, as they truly represent what Nintendo is to me, friendly, fun, innovative and highly polished. (Literally so, even their biggest titles don't really qualify as AAA budget-wise, but they have a degree of technical polish you only see on the best of the best AAA games)

Back