What is your favorite Nintendo system ever?

• Thread starter amirally27
  • Start date
hmm the 3DS and the DSi and the Switch

Reactions: KingKnight
The Virtual Boy.
JK! The 3ds ofc!

It has to be the Switch
It is absolutely a premiere of what Nintendo can do. It is a magical device with amazing games and honestly it's just the best Nintendos ever been. I absolutely love my switch and nothing could compare to it ever for me.

My favourite console is the New Nintendo 2DS XL. I've had mine for almost a year and a half now, and I still love it. I've completed so many games on it, made friends online on it... I also Homebrewed it so I could do more stuff!

Reactions: EnderLord
My current favorite console is Nintendo Switch. Being able to play it on portable and on the TV looks awesome. While Nintendo make some nice games like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Kirby Star Allies, other game companies also make some fun games like Puyo Puyo Tetris, ABZÛ, Fairune Collection, and upcoming games like Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu (eBaseball) and Pokémon Sword and Shield. I'm sure these selection of games makes Switch great, and I enjoyed it.

When I try to think of a favorite, my mind automatically goes to the GameCube. I found it very easy to transport as a child on trips, and it had some of my most favorite games to play in general. Sure, my Wii can play them- but there are games that you just can't play the same way on it as you could on GameCube. I even had a cheat code disc for Animal Crossing as a kid- and that literally only worked with the GameCube itself. I was upset when Wii couldn't play it. xD

Wii/3DS tie

Mainly because that I could play games on one that correlated with games on the other. My neighbor home brewed my Wii when I was in 3rd grade... gave me a hard drive to put all the games on. Still one of my favorite neighbors.

As for the 3ds... duh! It's such a great device, with so many capabilities!

3DS. It has so many games and I take it everywhere. Nice gimmicks here and there and even if you don't want to play games you can use it as a MP3 player or take pictures. It's probably the system I've played the most.

The Wii is objectively the best as it sold the most and was the most mainstream Nintendo console, I mean who hasn’t played Wii sports. My personal favorite is the GameCube as all of the main games are the best in the series like Mario sunshine Luigi’s mansion smash melee windwaker, and it also introduced things like pikmin and animal crossing(in the west)

My favorite of all time happens to be the console I grew up with the n64, i love it so much that now and days I’ve been trying to have the goal of owning and playing every single game released for the system. So far I’ve played 80 percent of the games that came out of it.

My favorite of all time happens to be the console I grew up with the n64, i love it so much that now and days I’ve been trying to have the goal of owning and playing every single game released for the system. So far I’ve played 80 percent of the games that came out of it.
Did you beat Superman 64? :eyes:

Did you beat Superman 64? :eyes:
I played it, but gave up halfway through because the game became to annoying to beat

Personally, my favourite is the Nintendo 3DS. This is not an obvious answer, however, as I like a few games (on Switch, Wii U and NES) more than my favourite 3DS game (Smash bros.) But, as the 3DS has such a wide range of games made by third parties, it is my favourite Nintendo system of all time.

I'd say it'd have to be the Wii for me. Nothing can beat the motion controls and the sheer amount of games that used it so damn well. I think that console is actually part of the reason why I love VR so much and why games like beat saber appeal so much to me. I grew up playing just dance, wii sports/sports resort, and all kinds of games like that on the wii, along with wii fit and a couple of other fitness games that actually really worked, it amounted to ending up having a pretty healthy childhood for me. Yes, there is a lot of shovelware on it, but honestly even some of those games have their charm. The motion controls are really what sells it for me, and how damn well they're made. I hoped the switch would have been an extra step up from the wii in terms of motion controls but that wasn't quite the case :(

I'm going to go with the GameCube.

There were A LOT of games that I enjoyed for that particular systems. Unless I'm mistaken, I had more games for that system than I did for any other Nintendo system I've had. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the other systems. I just seem to remember having more games for the GameCube and I really, really enjoyed them. So many games, so many memories. I really liked Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup and Luigi's Mansion.

The GameCube defiantly. Just for the sole reason it had the gameboy cartridge compatibility. I remember that I had a total of 3 gamecubes before my father finally decided it was a waste of money. All because I used it too much and the cartridge slot broke each time. I thought it was so cool that I could play my FireRed/Leaf Green on my big gaming TV. My sisters and I didn't have to huddle behind the tiny screen that was a gameboy, but we still fought on who was going to play.

are you defiant with your choices?

I think the Nintendo Switch replaced the 3DS XL for me. It just needs SMT to finalize.

Reactions: Jisenku
For me, it will always be the SNES.

I have so many memories of playing those games as a child. So many mornings getting up early so I could play DKC or SMW on the family television. Also watching my stepdad play through FFVI and falling in love with RPGs.

Reactions: Jisenku
The Wii and 3ds are really nostalgic for me, but I'm going to have to say the switch. It just has so many great games on it, some of which I would argue are the best in their respective series. This is in addition to being able to play games on you tv/monitor or on the go!

GameCube. That being said, the Switch is gaining ground.

A lot of my love for GameCube probably stems from nostalgia, but there were also a ton of really, really good games. Some of which were under the radar due to the sales of the console. You had Animal Crossing, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi’s Mansion, Metroid Prime, Pokémon Colosseum, Mario Party 4 and 5 (and others but those were my favorites), and Shadow the Hedgehog which I loved and find extremely underrated. Everyone else seems to hate it lol.

Not to mention you had some huge third party games like Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Solid (which is still the best place to play that amazing game in my opinion, and as a remake was an exclusive). The list just goes on and on for GameCube, and it’s honestly my favorite console of all time, not just my favorite Nintendo console. If the Switch gets GameCube games it will probably surpass it, but for all these years it’s been GameCube for me.

Back