What is your favorite Nintendo system ever?

• Thread starter amirally27
  • Start date
I say Playstation if I could. Because like playing Spyro the Dragon. That's my fav, but since it's Nintendo we talking about. I say super nes because mario rpg is cool.

Probably the NES or SNES since I spent my preteen years playing those. Mostly the Mario, Zelda, and Contra games.

I actually can't seem to decide a favorite between the WiiU and the Switch. Both of them have some of the best Nintendo games in years on them, and plenty of remakes of some of my favorite Gamecube and Wii games as well. I have many memories of both these consoles that are, in my opinion, worth far more than the consoles or games themselves.

Reactions: V_Weeb
Nintendo has released many, many systems since 1983, like the NES, the N64, the GameCube. There’s also the Game Boy Color, the Wii, the Nintendo 3DS, and finally, the latest system, the Nintendo Switch. After so many systems, which system is your favorite? For me, it’d have to be the Nintendo GameCube. It’s held so many memories for me, like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Wario World, and Metroid Prime. There too many games to list, but those were some of the highlights of my childhood. The Nintendo GameCube has, and always will be, a wonderful trip of nostalgia for me. So, what’s your favorite console?

The GameCube was great! So many good titles.
Personally, I'm a fan of the Game Boy series. Each new entry brings something new to the table.
Obviously, there's the original Game Boy, but then they added a colour screen. Great!
Next, the Game Boy Advance and Advance SP were a huge upgrade in the capabilities of the system.
The real boon to the Game Boy series was the DS system. Two screens integral to gameplay had never been seen before! The touch features worked perfectly, and Nintendo made a lot of great games for the system. The DSi added connectivity, and finally the 3DS added something really unique and interesting!
I can't wait to see where they take the system next.

The Wii was really awesome. It had a whole bunch of amazing games such as Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Smash Bros Brawl, The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, and Wii Sports! The motion controls on the Wii remote were actually not that bad and kind of cool! Probably one of my favorite systems.

Nintendo has released many, many systems since 1983, like the NES, the N64, the GameCube. There’s also the Game Boy Color, the Wii, the Nintendo 3DS, and finally, the latest system, the Nintendo Switch. After so many systems, which system is your favorite? For me, it’d have to be the Nintendo GameCube. It’s held so many memories for me, like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Wario World, and Metroid Prime. There too many games to list, but those were some of the highlights of my childhood. The Nintendo GameCube has, and always will be, a wonderful trip of nostalgia for me. So, what’s your favorite console?
You missed a few consoles. Do you just not know or are these all the ones you have had?

You missed a few consoles. Do you just not know or are these all the ones you have had?
Nah, I knew there was more, I was just listing a few off the top of my head.

Gamecube. There were so many great titles, Including Sonic adventure one & two, Zelda: Ocarina of time/Master quest/Wind Waker, Pokemon XD, Super Mario Sunshine. The graphics weren't too bad either, imo. The console itself was pretty lightweight and portable. The design was nice as well - I had the plain purple one, I don't think they did many other colours. I had many memories of this system and wish I could relive them all again someday. ^^

Reactions: Leej07
Gamecube. There were so many great titles, Including Sonic adventure one & two, Zelda: Ocarina of time/Master quest/Wind Waker, Pokemon XD, Super Mario Sunshine. The graphics weren't too bad either, imo. The console itself was pretty lightweight and portable. The design was nice as well - I had the plain purple one, I don't think they did many other colours. I had many memories of this system and wish I could relive them all again someday. ^^
The GameCube did have a lot of amazing games. A lot of amazing Zelda games were on it! Twilight Princess was on it too :D There should be like a GameCube Mini or something.

Reactions: Mikaya
I gotta be honest, the wii and wii u are my favorite systems. The gimmick of the wii u gamepad was so interesting, so even though there wasn’t many games that took advantage of it, i still enjoyed the ones that did. The games available were very good, with games like mario galaxy, and twilight princess. In the wii u lifespan mario 3d world was a game i loved (even though it didn’t feel like a main 3d mario title to some people, The awsome music, graphics, gameplay, and level design made me love it.) and i still think breath of the wild would have been a better game if they had kept the gamepad integration in the wii u version. Other than that, games were just at a extreme level of high quality (with some exceptions)
Mario kart 8, splatoon, super smash bros 4, pikmin 3, and Nintendo land are just a few of the games I absolutely loved. There are some games in the wii u lifespan that in my opinion has shown that Nintendo games are starting to get more hit or miss lately, with games like mario tennis ultra smash, paper mario color splash, and for some people, star fox zero (if it had more replay ability i would be 100% on board.)
I also still have a long list of gems i hope to get on my wii u, like dk country tropical freeze, kirby return to dream land, xenoblade chronicles, and all the super good M rated games I haven’t got to try yet like Zombi U, Bayonetta, and maybe even that photo horror game if i feel like it. In my opinion the wii u should have had more success, but it had a hard time for various reasons.

The 3DS is my all time favorite, actually. SOOOO MANY great games, backwards compatible with DS, so portable. I take it with me everywhere I go. It's never not with me, no matter where I go.

The 3DS is my all time favorite, actually. SOOOO MANY great games, backwards compatible with DS, so portable. I take it with me everywhere I go. It's never not with me, no matter where I go.
Totally! The Switch may be portable somewhat, but it cannot in any way fit in a pocket like a 3ds can. The 3DS is amazing and I hope Nintendo makes more systems just like it :p

Reactions: Leej07
Totally! The Switch may be portable somewhat, but it cannot in any way fit in a pocket like a 3ds can. The 3DS is amazing and I hope Nintendo makes more systems just like it :p
Nintendo 4DS: Releasing 2020 :p

Nintendo 4DS: Releasing 2020 :p
Nintendo 5DS: Releasing 2026. Nintendo 7DS: Releasing 2047.

I like the Switch and 3ds; the portables. The Wii was a big part of my childhood, I remember playing so many games on it. Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii (sheesh, thats a lot of Mario), and Wii Sports Resort were among the games that I loved.

I like the Switch and 3ds; the portables. The Wii was a big part of my childhood, I remember playing so many games on it. Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii (sheesh, thats a lot of Mario), and Wii Sports Resort were among the games that I loved.
I played all of those but I have played Mario Kart Wii the most. It is such an amazing game and it never gets old.

I played all of those but I have played Mario Kart Wii the most. It is such an amazing game and it never gets old.
Yeah. Mario Kart Wii was the only Mario game with wheelies.

Yeah. Mario Kart Wii was the only Mario game with wheelies.
Yeah you're right! I loved the wheelies you could do. I was always a bike for this reason.

What is your most favorite Nintendo devise? Mine was the 3Ds. Boy that rocked when it turned into 3D! Loved the Pokemon trilogy on it!

Back