Amiibo, the official thread

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
Good luck, it's like the rarest Amiibo out there and it's hard to get.
I can't tell if I was kidding or not. Might just get Mario, Villager, and Sheik.

about the amiboo only using one how about the ones that are used to unlock stuff can that be used for multiple games not sure but i hope they can be used on multiple games to unlock stuff otherwise its just a complete rip off of peoples money were not rich >.>

Last edited:
about the amiboo only using one how about the ones that are used to unlock stuff can that be used for multiple games not sure but i hope they can be used on multiple games to unlock stuff otherwise its just a complete rip off of peoples money were not rich >.>
They can only store data for one game, but it doesn't need to store data to unlock things

Reactions: Kaynil and D4rkDragon

They can only store data for one game, but it doesn't need to store data to unlock things

As @Nova said, games like Hyrule Warriors (if we exclude the Link amiibo) and MK8 only read the ID of the amiibo (read-only), and doesn't store any data, yet they unlock stuff.

they should let it work like this have it store data on your wii u and on the amiboo's so you can switch between games for storing data like you can store your amiboo data to your wii u or 3ds and be abeal to delete the store data on your amiboo but you still have it on your wii u and 3ds and you can send that data to your amiboo so you can use it for different games that store data on your amiboo you gusy know what im saying right not good at explaining stuff cause i sometimes end up confusing people sometimes

they should let it work like this have it store data on your wii u and on the amiboo's so you can switch between games for storing data like you can store your amiboo data to your wii u or 3ds and be abeal to delete the store data on your amiboo but you still have it on your wii u and 3ds and you can send that data to your amiboo so you can use it for different games that store data on your amiboo you gusy know what im saying right not good at explaining stuff cause i sometimes end up confusing people sometimes

Ok, so, if I understand well, you'd like to be able to store an amiibo's data in the Wii U's memory or on an external USB device ?
That would be a good idea... But Nintendo won't be doing it soon. In a fact, chances are actually low for it to happen.

Ok, so, if I understand well, you'd like to be able to store an amiibo's data in the Wii U's memory or on an external USB device ?
That would be a good idea... But Nintendo won't be doing it soon. In a fact, chances are actually low for it to happen.
The down side to that is you can't bring your Amiibo other peoples houses and use it then

The down side to that is you can't bring your Amiibo other peoples houses and use it then

Well, you could, if the Wii U's memory was used as a backup memory for the amiibo's data. So, you'd have the backup on the Wii U's memory, and the amiibo's data on the NFC chip contained in the amiibo.

I don't know if anyone knows, but I figured I might as well ask here in case anyone knows the answer:
In the Smash for WiiU, once your Amiibo reaches level 50, does that means it cannot longer keep learning an adapting?

I don't know if anyone knows, but I figured I might as well ask here in case anyone knows the answer:
In the Smash for WiiU, once your Amiibo reaches level 50, does that means it cannot longer keep learning an adapting?
It never stops learning, from what I've heard

Reactions: Kaynil
Oh and btw, according to the same source, Gamecube controller adapter is also discontinued.

Oh and btw, according to the same source, Gamecube controller adapter is also discontinued.

What did I just saw. GameCube controller adapter discontinued ? That's a big mistake, and I bet that they'll sell for like, twice the price of the game now.

Edit: Also, another update about Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager's amiibos: According to Kotaku, once there will be no more amiibos for them, they won't be available anymore. Yep, you get it, they won't come back. Get them while you can if you want them.

Also, Nintendo said that some amiibo will follow the same way and won't stay for too long on the shelves. Source: Kotaku

Last edited:
Well, another twist in the "discontinued or not" Amiibo series.
Seems like they (Marth, the Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer) won't be discontinued, as proved by this:
0e4.png_large

(PS: This isn't me, it's just some picture found on the net)

Really, this is getting confusing, all those twists, but seems like those amiibos won't be sold for gold ingots on eBay, it seems :hilarious:

So, rumour de-confirmed.

Reactions: Artisan
You have left out that Mario Party 10 and Mario Kart 8 will feature Amiibo. There might be more, but I don't remember what they are if there is. :cat:

You have left out that Mario Party 10 and Mario Kart 8 will feature Amiibo. There might be more, but I don't remember what they are if there is. :cat:

Yes, it's just that I wasn't going to list all of the games supporting Amiibo, it would take too long. And, there are "Amiibo labels" on the box who says if the game's compatible with them (exception being Hyrule Warriors and MK8).

Sorry for double post, but here's a rumour, next wave announced ?
[PS: Tagging @dwikrid because there's an amiibo he might have wanted, :whistle:]
1419345020-ksdafwh.jpg

Sorry for double post, but here's a rumour, next wave announced ?
[PS: Tagging @dwikrid because there's an amiibo he might have wanted, :whistle:]
1419345020-ksdafwh.jpg
What's this?

Back