Amiibo, the official thread

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
What's this?
An image I found on the Internet. Maybe it'll be the next wave of amiibo to come ?

Yes dark pit :D

An image I found on the Internet. Maybe it'll be the next wave of amiibo to come ?
Oh, you scared me!

i got link and yoshi for Christmas, and my bro got villager.

I'm saving up for a Mega Man amiibo. These amiibos are like $11.99 right? Also, did you all here about the Fox amiibo that almost won a tournament?

I'm saving up for a Mega Man amiibo. These amiibos are like $11.99 right? Also, did you all here about the Fox amiibo that almost won a tournament?

Amiibos are $12.99 or $13.99, if I recall. As for the Fox amiibo, this is understandable, because when that thing reaches Level 50, well, it becomes a nuke. (Though mine spams a bit too much the Blaster, even when you're at 120+ percent.)

I have some questions since I was given a Fox Amiibo for my birthday and since I have a 3DS, no Wii U and know a friend with a Wii U.

Can I use my Amiibo with my friend's Wii U then with my 3DS (when the NFC adapter is available) without any kind of problem (I'll use it with Smash only for both consoles) ?
I mean, is the Amiibo associated with a console ? I don't mean "does it only work with one console ?" but "is there a main console it is associated to ?".

And is it associated to an NNID or something or not ?

I have some questions since I was given a Fox Amiibo for my birthday and since I have a 3DS, no Wii U and know a friend with a Wii U.

Can I use my Amiibo with my friend's Wii U then with my 3DS (when the NFC adapter is available) without any kind of problem (I'll use it with Smash only for both consoles) ?
I mean, is the Amiibo associated with a console ? I don't mean "does it only work with one console ?" but "is there a main console it is associated to ?".

And is it associated to an NNID or something or not ?

No. It might be associated with a specific user, but I think you'll be able to use on both consoles.
I can even use my brother's amiibo without any problem though he's the owner.

So, to conclude:
It's not bound to the NNID, but it can be bound to an owner. (But you can still use it in SSB4)
It can be used both on the 3DS (NFC adapter/N3DS required) and the Wii U
It isn't especially associated to a console.

Ok, thanks.
And how is it bound to the owner ? Because I can't associate it with me on my 3DS since I can't connect it to my 3DS yet...

Ok, thanks.
And how is it bound to the owner ? Because I can't associate it with me on my 3DS since I can't connect it to my 3DS yet...
When you use an amiibo on SSB4 for the first time, it asks you who is the "owner". So far, I haven't noticed anything special, and even if you're not the owner, you can still use it. I'm trying to figure out what it does, but in any case, it does nothing special. Probably to avoid confusion if there are multiples amiibos of a same character.

And when it asks you for the owner, you answer with text ? or you choose in a list ?
Because if I use it for the first time on my friend's Wii U, I'll only be able to write my name, not to choose me in a list (I don't think I am mentionned anywhere in that Wii U).

And when it asks you for the owner, you answer with text ? or you choose in a list ?
Because if I use it for the first time on my friend's Wii U, I'll only be able to write my name, not to choose me in a list (I don't think I am mentionned anywhere in that Wii U).

No, it asks for a Wii U user, which means you need to import/make an account on your friend's Wii U in order to choose yourself as the owner of the amiibo.

Ah. So I'll probably do that. Thanks :)
But then, when I buy myself a Wii U (if I ever do it), that account I chose for my Amiibo will not be one coming from my Wii U. Wouldn't that be a problem (not a problem as in "something doesn't work" but I don't know, as in "it doesn't unlock things on my Wii U") ?

Ah. So I'll probably do that. Thanks :)
But then, when I buy myself a Wii U (if I ever do it), that account I chose for my Amiibo will not be one coming from my Wii U. Wouldn't that be a problem (not a problem as in "something doesn't work" but I don't know, as in "it doesn't unlock things on my Wii U") ?

Well, I think it'll still work anyway, since you can change the owner at any moment.

Sorry for double post, but here's a rumour, next wave announced ?
[PS: Tagging @dwikrid because there's an amiibo he might have wanted, :whistle:]
1419345020-ksdafwh.jpg
Lucina amiibo.
Yes I will pick this no matter what.
I actually want to buy a Lucina FIGMA figurine, but the amiibo version is of course cheaper :p
And yes, she's in my favorite pose XD

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Well, I think it'll still work anyway, since you can change the owner at any moment.
Oh ok, great :D
And I can do that without losing any data stored in the Amiibo ?

Oh ok, great :D
And I can do that without losing any data stored in the Amiibo ?
Yes, when you change an amiibo's owner, data isn't overwritten, it's just the "Owner" value who changes.

Perfect then :D
Well, thanks for all your answers ^^

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Perfect then :D
Well, thanks for all your answers ^^

You're welcome !

Just thought I'd post a picture of my current Amiibo collection (not sure where else to put this...)
n4TbcUb.jpg
Back row: Fox
Middle row: DK, Zelda, Samus, Mario
Front row: Link, Pit, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Kirby
Coming in January: Luigi

Back