An Online Multiplayer Legend of Zelda or Naw???

• Thread starter RichGamerton
  • Start date
RichGamerton

RichGamerton

Run Home To Mama Now
Towns Folk
I would like to see this in a future Zelda game. It would be just like Four Swords Adventure for the GBA and GC but with next gen graphics and more characters to choose from like Zelda or maybe even Ganondorf. There should also be a story mode built around this as well were you can unlock features for your team. Would anyone else like this? Have an ideas or suggestions? If so, post them below.

I'm not sure online multiplayer would be a very good idea for a Zelda game because that's not exactly the type of thing the franchise has typically focused on. Furthermore, it could potentially mean less epic boss battles and stuff. If you look at Four Swords for GBA, for example, there's an Anniversary Edition available for DS and 3DS, but it's kinda boring when you play it by yourself. The game as a whole is more focused on playing with multiple friends (and who's to say you have multiple friends to compete and play with at a given time). Online multiplayer with a 3D Zelda game might be an interesting experiment for Nintendo though, if they haven't yet. Maybe as an additional mode kinda like Link to the Past was bundled with Four Swords.

Reactions: zekiebouy
I see your point. I too wouldn't want the Legend of Zelda series to change it's formula as it is why I feel in love with the Series in the first place. But it would be interesting to see the LOZ step out of it's comfort zone like with Hyrule Warriors.

I see your point. I too wouldn't want the Legend of Zelda series to change it's formula as it is why I feel in love with the Series in the first place. But it would be interesting to see the LOZ step out of it's comfort zone like with Hyrule Warriors.
I think such a move is one they'd want to proceed with caution. They wouldn't want to completely ruin the franchise for gamers by taking steps that are too risky. As I understand, Hyrule Warriors was a matter of both developers happening to mutually agree that the combination would work out well (which it did). I think part of the problem with online multiplayer would be the fact that it's meant to be just one "Hero" that's saving Hyrule. Four Swords offered a unique take on that in which the Hero's Spirit was split into four, but the boss battles were really basic as a result of it. If online multiplayer were to be included, I'd say it'd be with one of the more "minigame" type Zelda games like Four Swords was.

I think online multiplayer for the legend of zelda would be great, if it did not affect the single player mode so much. But I think that online multiplayer in zelda u would be fantastic, because I love playing games like that online. But Local multiplayer would be great too, so im happy With both online multiplayer and local multiplayer

I think an online battle mode would be cool testing you're skills against others. Local Multiplayer could be cool, except the characters that the others are being would not be included in the story line. People I could see would be Zelda, Impa, and Midna.

I think an online battle mode would be cool testing you're skills against others. Local Multiplayer could be cool, except the characters that the others are being would not be included in the story line. People I could see would be Zelda, Impa, and Midna.
An issue I see is that Zelda is not exactly known for its deep combat system. Hyrule Warriors is where you see that more. Other franchises are able to make online battle modes based on their core gameplay mechanics (examples: Assassin's Creed has a stealth assassination thing going on in online multiplayer, Arkham Origins has stealthy combat with Robin and Batman while also including Bane's Group vs Joker's group). Zelda does not quite have that same type of gameplay (not to mention the whole thing with heart containers and multiple items to battle each other with could throw things off).

Unless they did it in a "party game" or "co-op" form, this would beat the purpose of the game, being the ONLY hero of Hyrule (making an exception for four swords of course). However, online co-op for Hyrule Warriors is something that SHOULD have been put in, and its a crying shame it wasn't.

Unless they did it in a "party game" or "co-op" form, this would beat the purpose of the game, being the ONLY hero of Hyrule (making an exception for four swords of course). However, online co-op for Hyrule Warriors is something that SHOULD have been put in, and its a crying shame it wasn't.
Online co-op for Hyrule Warriors probably wouldn't have worked out that well. Sadly, even with local co-op the game can suffer from lag issues, so you can imagine how much more problematic it could be for online co-op.

Also, perhaps they could do something like what you're describing in the main game by bringing back the Four Sword (and you see the other Links as different colors of you)

The whole idea of exploring a dungeon, a bit like Sword Art Online, would be quite cool - finding an epic new boss with your friends, and teaming up to find it's weaknesses and exploiting that would be great but it would have to do little to change the story mode (possibly set afterwards, as Link would have saved everyone and therefore more heroes are able to help him defeat new bosses around Hyrule).

It's possible but it would have to be a pretty big game if they want to include an awesome singleplayer story and adventure (which is what Zelda is all about) and a multiplayer... I cant really imagine a multiplayer

A separate multiplayer mode built into a future Zelda game would be cool, even if it features an abbreviated version of the main story. A co-op mode where you explore dungeons and beat bosses with friends - that is always fun, and I've played only Spiral Knights that way :p

And maybe a story-free versus mode in which players just go up against each other with swords and bombs and chickens. Kind of like a Smash with the camera positioned in the traditional third-person view.

I think for multiplayer different characters would be cool but just Link is green, red, purple and blue suits like in Four Swords would be OK too.

Yea, I'm not sure that's such an amazing idea, and im nearly positive Nintendo won't inherite it, its just not Nintendo (or Zelda's) style whatsoever, Nintendo needsmto stick with what's working!

a multiplayer would be pretty cool but I doubt it will happen, if it does then it will probably be some spinoff of the zelda game like the legend of Zelda heroes or something. if a zelda game had online multiplayer then it would have to be not included in the main story because when nintendo did thay with four swords adventure it failed horribly. even if it was not included with the main game then online multiplayer would still be kinda hard to do. I can't even imagine how it would work. link mostly just has bows and a sword so there might be diff characters but it would be weird fighting other people with zelda chRacters for me in my opinion. there might just be capture the flag or some contest based on agility

Out of the Zelda games I've played,the one I like a lot is Four Swords/Adventures.Why? Well,it's Zelda,but with multiplayer! :D When I first saw it,it was the most fun game for Zelda I've ever seen! Still is to this day,lol.I just wish I had batteries for my GBA to play it. :( Anyhoo,as the newer Zelda's went by,I was looking for a new Four Swords game as well,but nothing yet.So I was thinking:If there was a new Four Swords,what elements would you want in it? I'm interested to hear your ideas! :D

Reactions: dylanwszo
That... would be truly epic! :O
I would love the ability to influence the landscapes, seas, air, and lava when we gain those elements. It would make for a MUCH more interesting and complex gameplay system. The devs could tailor puzzles to fit the scheme I mentioned above, and it would be SO much fun :)
Eg: The cliff you need to reach is too far to jump. Option 1: The water under you can be frozen into ice and lifted to make a pillar.
Option 2: Control the wind gusts to push you across.
Just imagine the possibilities... (⌒▽⌒)☆

Reactions: Mikaya, 18 and P2.0
I'm loving it! :D I can just see the 3D landscape,and having infinite hours of exploration with friends! And I like your idea of the puzzles too,you could utilize the landscape to your advantage,and you can have the other Links help you reach unaccessible places you couldn't alone! I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

Reactions: Duster and 532
I'm loving it! :D I can just see the 3D landscape,and having infinite hours of exploration with friends! And I like your idea of the puzzles too,you could utilize the landscape to your advantage,and you can have the other Links help you reach unaccessible places you couldn't alone! I'm getting excited just thinking about it!
If this was on the 3ds or wii u that would be amazing plus that's really the nintendo syestems that nintendo still make games for.I'm adding onto yours which means I agree with you

Reactions: P2.0
Now, what do you say I sell the idea top Nintendo? :p
(I'll give you half the money :p)
Jokes aside, if they were to make a game like this, I would surely like to play it.
They could make it like each player has a element that only they can manipulate. The other players would require the help of all the other Links to traverse a specific area.

Reactions: P2.0
@Mario123456789 :Ikr? I'd buy that in a heart beat! I wish Nintendo knew of this,maybe they'd make it happen?? @AliTheAce :Yeah,I'm in! XD And the idea for elements would be genius.I mean,I've always Rp'd with my siblings pretending which Link would have which power.I could never figure out what power Vio,or Purple Link would have though. :confused:

Reactions: Duster
Back