SSB for 3DS BE CAREFUL IN THE ONLINE! [bans for years]

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Playing right now on Smash can make your game to be banned for years (some case are 136 years!).
Two guys already reported this bug, so far it looks like rare but I recommend to be careful.

qp8IMHt.png

Sources:
https://twitter.com/Boba2007/status/528346302946762752
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2kxrvp/umm_help/

Reactions: vinnyvineyards, Kyda, Derplink_:3 and 2 others
Idk but this sounds like a Halloween joke to me >.>

Reactions: vinnyvineyards, Shadow_has_Risen and 3dsatackman

You would hate to find out otherwise the hard way, these certainly look like screenshots... Man, but it sucks -always- just fighting CPUs... *sigh* Well one thing is for certain, nothing is gonna stop me from Smashing in three weeks. <_<

Reactions: vinnyvineyards

PRayTiS.jpg

3 new pics ^
It looks like it's a glitch on the latest update and those doesn't look fake at all .-.

@ErixSan does this affect battles with friends or is it only a "For Glory / For Fun" thing?

Reactions: vinnyvineyards, Kakea and Kaynil
I just played with Mega Legacy, and Pepy, and I didn't get banned. Guess it's only for For Glory or single player online.

Last edited:
Reactions: vinnyvineyards and ErixSan
@ErixSan does this affect battles with friends or is it only a "For Glory / For Fun" thing?

I think the banning system only work in the non-friend online, so yeah, in the "For Glory / For Fun" thing.

Woah, this sounds like a serious bug. This sounds similar to the Peach bug. I'm sure that there will be another update released in the Nintendo eShop. I wonder what other bugs may come about in the future.

Reactions: vinnyvineyards, Kakea and Kaynil
I remember that they would be enforcing a certain code of conduct online, could it be that these are the penalties for repeated foul play? Not saying those players deserved this, as you say it could be a bug that activates this without a reason but we really need more information about how this is induced to make up our minds.

I just did a for glory match, and can still get online with it. Either I got lucky with that match, or it is not banning everyone at times.

Reactions: vinnyvineyards and Kakea
Wow, I'm glad I didn't play it online yet. Things could have happened :nailbiting:

It's probably a bug - because what could be so bad that a person would get banned for 136 years? :eek: I hope those poor souls who got banned due to this bug (I'm sure it is) get unbanned once this gets sorted out. :panda:

Reactions: Prime and Kakea
Wish! I must be super lucky, because I played 1 on 1 For Glory last night for like an hour, and I wasn't banned! Thanks for letting me know though, that I shouldn't do the For Glory/For Fun mode for a while then! :dead:

Just saw that on another forum. It doesn't only apply to those guys.
7xZdv81.jpg

Seems like some French player also got banned for the rest of his life... (PS: It's not me).
(Edit: Fixed the picture).
Explanation:
As said in the reddit like @ErixSan posted, it's because of how computers count. Here, the bug caused the computer to apply a "-1" second ban, and since the "remainingTimeBeforeUnban" variable (example) is unsigned, and it's a 32-bit Int, it means that applying a -1 to it equals the maximum value (2^32), less one.
Conclusion: It equals 4 294 967 295. And since those are seconds, you know the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: vinnyvineyards and Kakea
I dont think these people will stay banned for the rest of their lives. Maybe Sakurai is working on something to fix this bug, so when you update the game, it will fix the bug and get rid of your ban. at least thats what I think/hope will happen. If it doesnt, then that will teach them a lesson for targeting a certain player. I dont know what a person could do online that gets them banned for 136 years and I dont want to. good thing I stick to 1 vs 1 battles on for glory mode!

Reactions: Pich1riloco and vinnyvineyards
I bet you It was just a early bug in the systems but my only complaint is If nintendo this is a bug if you were working on this for so long so far there has been 2 serious bugs and useually you work on It before you announce It so why did this happen AFTER the 3ds version came out and I hope these people get unbaned and If not if they left a match or I have a big question why did you add you could leave during a match any way?

Reactions: Kakea
Telling me I cant play Smash for 136 years after paying $40 for i and a confirmed Mewtwo?!?!?!
Mad_7b95cb_1133254.gif

Reactions: vinnyvineyards, BOSSGAMER727, Robyn and 3 others
thanks for the warning i'll make sure to take it easy online please tell us if you find out its been fixed thanks a lot.

I hope this is fixed sometime soon. I'm hoping to get this game in the future, and I don't want to have to deal with this problem. There isn't anything so serious that it warrants a ban of 136 years! Nintendo is hopefully looking into this right now.

They may fix that glitch. Oh Sakurai meets Kirby and Pit! He's too focused on them now!
B1mX5ZRCAAEYTkq.jpg

Reactions: Ago, HappyNappyTFan and vinnyvineyards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back