BEST DS GAME

• Thread starter kokoko
  • Start date
kokoko

kokoko

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
My best ds game ever is mario kart. it has great multiplayer and many character and courses. Best game to play with friends

I would go with Mario Kart as well.

I, as well think it's the best game to play with friends.

Would be Pokemon X/Y. That was a huge leap for the Pokemon series of games. Finally, 3D graphics! so many new features too. <3

The best DS game, I would say is Final Fantasy Tactics: A2 Grimoire of Rift, I am in love with that game, and the Final Fantasy Tactics series overall, I love how they added elements from Final Fantasy 12, and those new races, were spectacular, the story was entertaining, and that music was amazing.

Would be Pokemon X/Y.
DS, not 3DS :p

Mine is Pokemon Diamond. I enjoyed battling others over Wi-Fi, :love:

The World Ends With You ftw :D
the most unique game ever happen to DS and of course the character design by Tetsuya Nomura <3 :D

I am torn between Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, and Infinite Space. Both are massively enjoyable, but I think Infinite Space just wins through due to the sci-fi themes it uses, plus I'm a sucker for ship/party customization.

Reactions: Marc
My Best DS game is kingdom hearth re-coded

For DS, my vote goes to Pokemon HG/SS.

The only game on DS , that I completed two times in a row and will play more for sure - Ghost Trick. The Best.

Pokémon Diamond. It was the first game I got when I got my DS Lite.
Years later, got Pearl xD. Still have the cartridges, ready to be played.

My favorite game was Dragon Quest 9 Sential of the Starry Sky's or whatever it's called. Such an amazing game. I highly recommend it for you if you love those games where you battle in teams and fight monsters. It's storyline is amazing too.

Another great game is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3 Explorers of Sky's. The storyline is amazing and touching. The adventure is amazing too! I recommend it to you. And there is an amazing Post-game storyline too!

Reactions: Ozga and D4rkDragon
Well my favourite DS game is surely pokémon Black i just love pokémon games i don't know what it is, but i think nearly all pokémon games are really good and would play them anytime. At the moment i'm collecting some money to buy pokémon X.
Also The Legend of Zelda Soul Winds for DS is pretty good too i would put it as 2nd best DS game.

Mine would be Pokemon Diamond (Love Empoleon, it even has my name in it empoLEON :p), the game was fun and exciting but not many people like the sinnoh region though, i don't know why :(

Couldn't really decide on one single game, so I decided to ramble on about a whole bunch of games instead. Maybe you'll find something that you hadn't considered before. ^^

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
My favourite game in the Mario & Luigi series. Gotta love Fawful.

Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney series

Just play them all, if you can. 1 and 3 are the best.

9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Really cool visual novel with great atmosphere, interesting story and fun puzzles. Shame there's no proper skip function in the DS version, but it's still the best version available, since the iOS version cuts the puzzles.

Rhythm Heaven / Rhythm Paradise

The game that introduced me to my favourite rhythm game series. The touch control works surprisingly well, but I still prefer the button controls of the GBA and Wii games.

Umihara Kawase Shun 2nd Edition Complete
A compliation of Umihara Kawase 1 and 2? Yes, please. I've been playing this for years now, and there's still things for me to learn and master. One of the most unique and challenging platforming game series around.

Retro Game Challenge
I love me some retro games, even if these aren't "real". Even better if you're a fan of Game Center CX like me. The sequel is great as well, especially now that there's a fan translation for it.

Elite Beat Agents, Ouendan 1 & 2
Awesome rhythm game series. Great humour and visuals. I just wish you could skip the spinners...

GTA: Chinatown Wars
Great throwback to the first two GTA games. Drug dealing is relaxing and the way you have to lose the cops by making them crash is really fun.

Picross DS
Relaxing and addictive puzzle solving. I just wish you could play the Normal mode puzzles in Free mode instead, so you wouldn't have to worry about miss-taps. Also, the DS is THE platform for a picross game.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

Best Professor Layton game on the DS. Fun story and characters, challenging puzzles.

Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Challenging 2D platformer with fun characters and awesome boss fights. Some of the levels are kind of a grind, though.

Ghost Trick
Really nice visuals, interesting story and characters. The puzzles didn't impress me, though...

Mario Kart DS
Was great online when it was still available. I really loved snaking, as it made a lot of the more boring tracks much more interesting.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Better than Phantom Hourglass, and I remember it having some really interesting puzzles as well.

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
For some reason I really liked the world of this game. Light action-RPG gameplay. Could have been a bit more challenging. I really hope we see a sequel some day, as I see a lot of potential in this game.

Reactions: nicklesimba, T-Player Guy, Reece and 1 other person
Couldn't really decide on one single game, so I decided to ramble on about a whole bunch of games instead. Maybe you'll find something that you hadn't considered before. ^^

Rhythm Heaven / Rhythm Paradise

The game that introduced me to my favourite rhythm game series. The touch control works surprisingly well, but I still prefer the button controls of the GBA and Wii games.

Elite Beat Agents, Ouendan 1 & 2
Awesome rhythm game series. Great humour and visuals. I just wish you could skip the spinners...
Note: Rhythm Heaven for the GBA and the Second Elite Beat Agents was never brought to the US

My favorite DS games have to be Diamond/Pearl for their great music and the first to support Wi-Fi in the series. However I like Black/White because of its even better music.
Kirby Super Star Ultra was probably one of the neatest Kirby games on the system because of the massive number of things to unlock (like beating Helper to Hero with all the characters/copy abilities) and the hardest you could get in a Kirby game (maybe).
Namco Museum DS (with Download Play Pac-Man VS.) and Sonic Classics Collection were neat for all the old-school action and save states.
The winner here has to be the most creative of DS games I've played which is Warioware DIY with many possibilities (you are limited by your imagination when making microgames/ compositions) and game making tips.

Phantom Hourglass, hands down. That's the only I game I can safely say I've started and beaten 5 times. The game is just amazing to me

I would say for sure that those are the best DS games: Pokemon Heart Gold/ Soul Silver, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Spirit Caller, and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. The Dragon Quest 9 for DS is really good to, but it becomes way to boring to be honest (People that played the game will know), so i would say that the best Dragon Quest for DS is Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 1/2.

My Best DS game is kingdom hearth re-coded
My friend has that game! He played it during Game Day!

My mind has multiple games. So I'll say them:

Mario Kart DS
Hasbro Family Game Night (DS version) < a rare gem
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64 DS

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokemon Soul Silver, and World Ends with You. If I owned Rune Factory 3 though. I'd say that would be my best DS game.

Back