Character Roster Leak ***[SPOILERS]***

• Thread starter srgs
  • Start date
srgs

srgs

3DS FC: 0430-8596-8893
Towns Folk
Supposed images have surfaced the internet containing the character roster of Smash Bros. 3DS. The leaks seem pretty plausible, as no other images of some of these characters exist, such as Duck Hunt Dog's.
1408498142095.jpg

Assuming this isn't fake, are you satisfied with this roster? What do you think about the newcomers and veterans?
(Sukapon didn't get added again thoo)

Last edited:
Reactions: Artisan
Breathe Reece... Just breathe. :woot: :bag:

This is probably the best thing.. I've seen this week... I'm extremely happy that Onett is back and couldn't believe Shulk is finally in the roster as well. The Duck and Dog (from Duck Hunt) is interesting, I'm really surprised they got in Super Smash Bros. To be honest, I don't think I have the words to judge characters like: Bowser Jr. and Chorus Men just yet, but I like the idea of they adding new people. I'm just too overwhelm at the moment.

The characters I don't like are: Doctor Mario (why is he even in this game), Jiggly Puff, Mr. Game & Watch, and ROB, wasn't really looking forward to their return.. The reason why I dislike Jiggly Puff being in this iteration, is because, I think the roster is too crowded with Pokemon characters, I wish they used that character slot for Prof. Layton instead. Now.. My thoughts of Mr. Game and Watch is just based on my experience with him, I outright dislike him, I don't think he's much of a "suitable" character for SSB, and for people who don't know Nintendo's history, they just won't get where he's from, but I do know people (online) who plays with him often, so I guess they would be please.

I don't like the thought of DLC in Super Smash Bros. though, I feel like that's just overdoing it..... That's my opinion, but I would rather spend my money on the DLC than buy Amiibo characters, which are two different things, I know, but I don't like how the're milking money of this franchise like that. Yeah, it's too make the experience better, etc.. but I'm not too keen on it....

I do think this leak is 100% real, I don't have any reason to believe it's fake.

Reactions: Eevee and 532
OhmahgawdthisissoawesomeIwantSSB4for3DSnaopleasepleaseplease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Duck Hunt was only one game and he's not likely to be in that is most likely an accurate picture because Ice Climbers in Melee also have a one hit wonder. And I'm glad it is the DHD because he's so memorable and Sakurai did the same with Pit in SSBB. Duck Hunt is definitely getting the reboot it deserves because this game was the combination of both innovation and retro goodness (he's as popular as Mario because that was the NES cart they had together and it was a hit). They honestly look like they are all legit. Shulk, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr. I wasn't expecting and my only complaint is no Mewtwo (but I bet he is in because they need to play the game for like 200 hours or so to unlock and these aren't Sakurai's pictures). If these leaks are true let's spam Sakurai on Miiverse until they are on the page (although I would feel a little bad if I did it.) I also have a conspiracy theory on these leaks (Sakurai is looking for leak reactions and he's paying someone to leak them because Sakurai can't keep secrets for very long nowadays that the internet is the way it is). Perhaps even the whole screen will be filled with playable characters... but that is more unlikely.

Last edited:
Omgisthisrealidontbelievethisisrealbuthypetrainthoooooooo omg this seems really Legit, tbh. Unless somebody is a master photoshopper, I am really hyped to fight as these brand new, remastered ish characters, even though I don't really know who they are :D

Oh and I think the DLC is made because Sakurai doesn't want to break the deadline, and he wants a quality game, and perhaps the DLC characters are going to be free if that is his plan (however then again words are less evidence than photos or photos of words). And the Mii Fighters aren't even a surprise anymore. R.O.B. is also a great Smash character like Olimar (if you skip the nonfave but memorable ones, you're missing out on your options like say people who don't like Pokemon can still pick up Lucario if they want the feel of arcade fighter experiences) with great recovery and a projectile (a little bit like a modded Peach). I hope Dark Pit gets some popularity because he seems like Roy ::(is to) Marth as DP :: Pit just out of my assumptions on the character. Stronger than Pit because in the games he's an enemy in the beginnings of the game and AI is pretty powerful when on 9.0 when facing DP (so like a boss literally he's a little slower with more pauses however he gets better recovery and more Power making a fight between Rosalina and Luma and Dark Pit could mean bring the popcorn and the gambling money on the competitive players because there's new match-ups and good days to be had. JPuff is no surprise and Ganondorf... will play the same by my assumptions since he has the nerve to show up and cause complaining over people who think Ganondorf needs a sword to be a good fighter. Have you also noticed the Mii Fighters aren't even shown on the top-top-middle photo? In that case I think Mii Fighters will be a class of their own no one cares about because the fun isn't in yourself but the other characters where the balance is (or better be) guaranteed. Also the Cornera Star Fox (oh hey Pictochat didn't see ya there) stage we all know and love since the first game is in SSB4 (probably both versions). Hype x ∞ = :artist:

Ohmigawd! Some more SSB4 roster! I never expected the dog from Duck Hunt to be added, tho xD
This builds up more hype inside me..... HYPEHYPEHYPE

Have you also noticed the Mii Fighters aren't even shown on the top-top-middle photo? In that case I think Mii Fighters will be a class of their own no one cares about because the fun isn't in yourself but the other characters where the balance is (or better be) guaranteed.
Mii Fighters were confirmed to be banned from online due to their moveset customization. Which would explain the picture at the lower middle and their exclusion from the main character select. Also, the little button that says "Off" on the bottom screen of the middle picture probably means that customization is off(for offline/local play I'm assuming, another reason why Mii Fighters isn't on the select).

Reactions: Eevee and 532
This is so awesome i literally can't wait for this game to come out! I won't be able to stop playing it haha XD

Reactions: Reece
Some more little things:
-Bowser Jr. is in his Clown Car.
-Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are grouped together. This might mean that not only are Dr. Mario and Lucina(confirmed) clones, but that Dark Pit is also a clone of Pit, which is unfortunate for me, because I expected otherwise.
-The Mario series has the most characters, even topping that of Brawl's Pokemon characters(if PKMN trainer was considered 3 separate characters).

So many interesting things, though I really have some doubt about the Duck Hunt Dog. He wouldn't have a good/big moveset, so, I really doubt he would be in, and the fact that there's a 4chan post in the image (no, I don't go on it, but fear the power of Internet, because it's capable to show you these posts as pictures) reduce a small bit the credibility of the thing.

And who knows ? Maybe Nintendo will troll the "leaker" and change the roster just for the occasion :p!
In any case, there seems be to be good characters in, and I think I believe this roster too (yes, though I'm not sure if it'll be the final game's roster)!

However, Mewtwo fanboys will be disappointed once again (or not), but there's plenty of other characters, so, I don't think they'll complain about it (There will probably be some Miiverse people raging, and crying, though).

Overall, I'm satisfied if it's the game's final roster.

Reactions: Reece
I honestly don't know why everyone suddenly believes this is legitimate just because of some unique art that anyone can create with time and dedication, so I'm not convinced until I hear it from Nintendo.

Besides that, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina are very distant from the rest of their series which I'm finding very strange, Yoshi shouldn't be lumped with the Mario characters like that as he wasn't in Brawl which is also very weird, and if one of the images with it is apparently from 4chan then I'm very sceptical.

Breathe Reece... Just breathe. :woot: :bag:
I don't like the thought of DLC in Super Smash Bros. though, I feel like that's just overdoing it..... That's my opinion, but I would rather spend my money on the DLC than buy Amiibo characters, which are two different things, I know, but I don't like how the're milking money of this franchise like that. Yeah, it's too make the experience better, etc.. but I'm not too keen on it....

There's going to be time constraints and some characters Sakurai may have wanted to return won't make it back into SSB4, you can't really blame him for wanting to fix that by adding characters he wanted to add without even knowing for sure he's going to charge you for them.

A fan artist who was able to create unique artwork of Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog, and other unannounced characters in SSB4's style must be a good artist. But if he/she was also able to guess that Mii Fighter won't appear on the select screen instead of just slapping it on like any generic fan artist would, then this is beyond a fan artist. The fact that we can see shots and angles of stages that weren't shown before by Sakurai further supports this.

You're assuming no good fan artist can think that far, which isn't a very strong point against that. Stages that we can see besides the ones we know of doesn't at all prove this is real, since we don't even know if those stages are in the game.

But while the possibility of this being fake isn't as likely as most SSB4 leaks, there's still nothing that completely proves this as the truth and that's why I'm not believing any of it until Nintendo confirms everything seen on the roster and stage selection screen.

On an unrelated note, I love Shulk's look in that picture.

This seems 100% real to me! Everything seems right, and just looks like it is absolutely all Nintendo's work! But seriously... The duck hunt dog? Why would they bring him into the picture all of a sudden... That's kinda weird! Still, that's amazing that somehow these pictures were leaked!

Wait wait wait.... Just noticed something when looking back at the pictures .-. Warios going to be in ssb 4... That is terrible! Of course wario gets a part but not waluigi! D; its soooo unfair!

You're assuming no good fan artist can think that far, which isn't a very strong point against that. Stages that we can see besides the ones we know of doesn't at all prove this is real, since we don't even know if those stages are in the game.
Given past fan "leaks", artists would just place every character known and wanted on their select screen pictures. For a fan artist to not do that and even resist placing characters that were fan favorites such as Ice Climbers, it just doesn't seem like a believable scenario.
Also, when I was talking about the stages, I meant that the picture has stages we know, but in different camera shots and angles we've never seen before.

Given past fan "leaks", artists would just place every character known and wanted on their select screen pictures. For a fan artist to not do that and even resist placing characters that were fan favorites such as Ice Climbers, it just doesn't seem like a believable scenario.
Also, when I was talking about the stages, I meant that the picture has stages we know, but in different camera shots and angles we've never seen before.
That's still poor reasoning, you're assuming all fan artists lack self-control and would find it hard to believe there could be exceptions. Not everyone is the same.

Those different camera shots don't really indicate much in the leak's favour, they could easily just be images cropped and shrunk from gameplay videos.

That's still poor reasoning, you're assuming all fan artists lack self-control and would find it hard to believe there could be exceptions. Not everyone is the same.
Those different camera shots don't really indicate much in the leak's favour, they could easily just be images cropped and shrunk from gameplay videos.
Well, I guess I can't do anything to change your thinking about the characters.
But notice how the stage images don't show any players at all. Gameplay videos always show characters on stages. Also, I mentioned camera angles as well. Gameplay videos and Sakurai's reveals have not shown some of these stages in certain angles. There are no characters in those shots either.

I don't know about the rest of you all,but I think these images are fake,and here are my proofs:

1)Yoshi is between Bowser and Rosalina, and he is represented by his own series in Smash Bros;

2)Shulk appears on the 3rd party characters row,and he didn't appear on other consoles that weren't from Nintendo,making him a 2nd party character;

3)If you look closely,it seems like Mr.Game & Watch's hand is appearing on the Wario icon;

4)Wario's "artwork" looks like one of his poses from one of the scenes from the 1st Super Smash Bros Brawl trailer.

5)New stages and retro stages are in the same selection screen.

6)The E3 demo version showed the characters's names under their images in the top screen.Here,there's only the characters images are shown;

7)Characters like Dr.Mario,Dark Pit and Lucina are separated from their original franchises,being them respectively,Super Mario,Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem;

8)I doubt that were gonna see Dr.Mario and Dark Pit as separate characters,rather than being alternate costumes for Mario and Pit;

9)The Duck Hunt dog.Isn't the Wii Fit Trainer supposed to be our ONLY weird character choice for this installment?

10)Where are the Mii Fighters in the character select screen?

11)I seriously doubt that we're going to get 7 Mario characters in this game.

I could be wrong dough,and seeing Shulk in it is pretty awesome.About the DLC,it does seem probable that these will happen.

Still,I give the guy who made the character artworks for Shulk,Duck Hunt Dog and Dr.Mario some credit.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
image.jpg

FC:2535-4409-6190.Game on!

I don't know about the rest of you all,but I think these images are fake,and here are my proofs:...
1. It's possible Yoshi could be part of the Mario series now.
2. While it is 2nd party, Shulk is the only character representing the franchise, unlike say, Pokemon.
3. That's actually Wario's shoulder. The shadow just makes it look like Game & Watch's hand.
4. While that might be true, it could be that his pose was designed to look like Brawl's.
5. There are 36 stages in total, assuming the screen isn't wider than it should be. That number makes sense, as there were only 41 stages in Brawl, and the 3DS has limitations.
6. The text was probably removed as more characters were unlocked. The 3DS has a small screen, after all.
7. I'm guessing Sakurai wanted the near-exact clones to be grouped together.
8. I hope so for Dr. Mario too, but Dark Pit is a separate character in the Kid Icarus series, so I think otherwise for him.
9. Wii Fit Trainer being the only one isn't confirmed.
10. They're separate. As I pointed out earlier, the little Off button in the corner of the middle picture means that customization is off, and since Mii Fighters are purely customizable, they won't appear when the feature is deactivated.
11. I was thinking the same way too, but we'll have to see.

Back