Character Roster Leak ***[SPOILERS]***

• Thread starter srgs
  • Start date
Well, I guess I can't do anything to change your thinking about the characters.
But notice how the stage images don't show any players at all. Gameplay videos always show characters on stages. Also, I mentioned camera angles as well. Gameplay videos and Sakurai's reveals have not shown some of these stages in certain angles. There are no characters in those shots either.
Even if it's not from cropped (to not show fighters in the cropped area) gameplay video screeshots I'm pretty sure the E3 trailer had shots of stages without characters. And what in the first place does "different shots" even prove?

Two things:
1: No Groose 0/10 GOR (Groose Or Riot)
2: My dad works with Mr. Sakurai, he found this on Sakurai's 3DS:
10615407_553026441468311_988902177694733004_n.jpg

Reactions: Heart, T-Player Guy, srgs and 1 other person
I just have two small reasons to find this fake:

1. It was confirmed there was no DLC
2. The Willy Castle pic is from the Wii U Version, and the Tomodachi Life one is the same pic showed in the update.
3. Some characters line aren't well done.

Also, wrong design:

Even if it's not from cropped (to not show fighters in the cropped area) gameplay video screeshots I'm pretty sure the E3 trailer had shots of stages without characters. And what in the first place does "different shots" even prove?
The E3 trailer didn't even show any stages without showing at least one character. The different shots show that the stage thumbnails weren't taken from anywhere.

2. The Willy Castle pic is from the Wii U Version, and the Tomodachi Life one is the same pic showed in the update.
Also, wrong design:
[insert video here]
1. According to IGN quoting Sakurai: "That said, once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards." That does not mean confirmed no DLC.
2. Given the quality of the picture, telling whether the pic is from the Wii U version or not is not possible. The Tomodachi Life picture is not the same as the one in the update. If you look at it, Lucina and Zelda aren't in it, and it even shows more than the picture from the update.
3. I don't know what you mean by "line".
And no, it's not the wrong design, they look nearly alike, with some added features that should be expected from a more finalized version.

3. I don't know what you mean by "line".
The border of the characters.

The border of the characters.
I don't see how the borders aren't well done. They're all uniform.

I will do it simple, due the leaks are mixed:

ssb-leak-640x612.jpg

Breathe Reece... Just breathe. :woot: :bag:

This is probably the best thing.. I've seen this week... I'm extremely happy that Onett is back

I'mma just pretend you didn't call Ness Onett.

Also, wrong design:

Although I really don't want this leak to be true, GameXplain did a discussion topic about the leak and everything they said made sense and lead toward this being true. Also, I don't think the Tomodachi Life picture is the same (GameXplain said it was a different angle)

The only thing that leads me to believe this is fake is how generic the character select screen is, along with Dark Pit and Dr. Mario returning, particularly the former. We already have alternate costumes for characters (Wireframe Mac, Boy/Girl variations of several characters) so Dark Pit being it's own character seems extremely odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Reece and ErixSan
NO SLIME/10

The E3 trailer didn't even show any stages without showing at least one character. The different shots show that the stage thumbnails weren't taken from anywhere.

Ah, must've remembered that wrong. Even then, you could just copy and paste over the parts of the stage characters were on in the original screen with parts of other shots. Not much of a problem.

The different shots could very well be self-created, it's not impossible, just like the possibility you've overlooked past trailers they may have taken them from.

I'mma just pretend you didn't call Ness Onett.
I'm gonna go cry in a corner now, so ashamed :bag:.
#neverforget

Besides that little piece of embarrassment, why everyone bursting my happy bubble? So much accusations! I don't know which leak to believe in now :cry:, too good to be true, right? I do believe Shulk would get in SSB4, and I honestly hope they don't add back Jigglypuff, and I don't want Dr. Mario to waste a slot in the roster...
Two things:
1: No Groose 0/10 GOR (Groose Or Riot)
2: My dad works with Mr. Sakurai, he found this on Sakurai's 3DS:
View attachment 1043
:cry: This looks so real, is everything a lie? I'll stay away from this thread now, because I'm running out of happy bubbles.

I'm gonna go cry in a corner now, so ashamed :bag:.
#neverforget

Besides that little piece of embarrassment, why everyone bursting my happy bubble? So much accusations! I don't know which leak to believe in now :cry:, too good to be true, right? I do believe Shulk would get in SSB4, and I honestly hope they don't add back Jigglypuff, and I don't want Dr. Mario to waste a slot in the roster...

:cry: This looks so real, is everything a lie? I'll stay away from this thread now, because I'm running out of happy bubbles.
Here @Reece you can have some of my happy bubbles :cat: I really wish people would stop making fake leaks though it's kinda annoying. would be better if we could have a leak and actually know it is a proper leak instead of just a fake it really blows up the hype train ya'know? :(

You're assuming no good fan artist can think that far, which isn't a very strong point against that. Stages that we can see besides the ones we know of doesn't at all prove this is real, since we don't even know if those stages are in the game.
279422-7.jpg

Kirby Characters -> Game Boy -> Dreamland Stage
And since Dreamland hasn't really been shown yet what's to say that the photo is fake. And this was August 8th.
And btw I can see the SSBB stages returning because Halberd and the GHZ stages are known returning stages and there has been plenty of them in the past. And there are so many legit stages on the 3DS version for that [section] to be fake.
Upper Right corner is Brinstar (Melee stage)
SSB4_Samus_Zero_Shorts_3DS.jpg

And a final note, perhaps the ESRB leaked this as displayed above Bowser (then again this could be anyone just changing their name to make it look official).

Holy JESUS FROSTING THIS IS COOL SO MANY GOOD CHARACTERS!!!IM GOIN TO HEAVEN:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

Ah, must've remembered that wrong. Even then, you could just copy and paste over the parts of the stage characters were on in the original screen with parts of other shots. Not much of a problem.
The different shots could very well be self-created, it's not impossible, just like the possibility you've overlooked past trailers they may have taken them from.
I'd take an artist with so much dedication and prediction to replicate almost every stage just for a small trick. I've re-watched every trailer, and I can tell you that at least five of those stages haven't been shown at all in trailers or any videos. For example, that Tomodachi stage thumbnail shows part of the stage that we haven't exactly seen before. Just recently, a magazine was released showing that exact thumbnail of that stage. Keep in mind, this leak was released before the magazine was.
And before you say that I'm assuming again, you should realize that you're doing the same. You keep mentioning these trailers, yet you didn't even check them yourself, or at least, your refutes saying that they contain something that obviously isn't there is telling me that. You're also assuming that some perfect fan artist out there that invests all his/her time into a trick, that he/she can guess how everything'd work and look, even ahead of time. It's harder to believe that there's an artist like that than to believe in this leak.

I'd take an artist with so much dedication and prediction to replicate almost every stage just for a small trick. I've re-watched every trailer, and I can tell you that at least five of those stages haven't been shown at all in trailers or any videos. For example, that Tomodachi stage thumbnail shows part of the stage that we haven't exactly seen before. Just recently, a magazine was released showing that exact thumbnail of that stage. Keep in mind, this leak was released before the magazine was.
And before you say that I'm assuming again, you should realize that you're doing the same. You keep mentioning these trailers, yet you didn't even check them yourself, or at least, your refutes saying that they contain something that obviously isn't there is telling me that. You're also assuming that some perfect fan artist out there that invests all his/her time into a trick, that he/she can guess how everything'd work and look, even ahead of time. It's harder to believe that there's an artist like that than to believe in this leak.
There are sick yet talented people in this world, I wouldn't be too surprised. I'll take your word, but it's still possible to create something like that from scratch, since that's how these stages and their origins exist in the first place. I don't know about the Tomodachi thing and don't care enough to research myself, but that alone doesn't completely prove this leak's legitimacy.

The only thing I've assumed about is the E3 trailer not having characters in them, I'm not sure what you're talking about. And for the record, I'm suggesting the possibility of past trailers having shots these leakers may have used, not that there's almost definitely something there. I'm also not assuming there's a fan artist who is what you say is like, I'm just pointing out your denial of that possibility is an assumption.

Seriously? Dr Mario over fan favorites like mewtwo,Ridley,bandana waddle dee,geno,and daisy? Not buying it.

Seriously? Dr Mario over fan favorites like mewtwo,Ridley,bandana waddle dee,geno,and daisy? Not buying it.
Fine, I'll be enjoying SSB4 without you. :D Half the characters you listed don't really even deserve a slot. Dr. Mario I'm digging because I've used him a lot and he's a great fighter with a better projectile (maybe even the same Melee Down Special)

Back