Closed Convince the Santa - 3DSPedia's Christmas Event

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date
Dear Santa,
I know that greed is the very opposite of what the most wonderful time of the year is all about. However I must admit that I do want one of the presents. You must be wondering how have I been a good girl this year. You see, I make a decent profit from selling my woodburnings online. But all the money earned isn't for myself, I've given half if not most of the profit to organizations and christmas presents for my family members. And I don't plan on changing that (but I must admit that I would like to earn more next year so that I can give more and still have enough left for myself too.) I guess in a way I am hoping that the gift is something that could help me persue better mediums in art (woodburning is the only thing I'm okay at.) I would like the Tan gift please. P.S I attached a file containing an picture of a woodburn I sold for halloween.
1.tan
2.pink
3.red
4.green
5.blue

Attachments

• 20161008_210213.jpg
    20161008_210213.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 2
I put it inside the letter itself. Do i need to put it in the post too?
I edited into your post :p

Hello Santa. How goes our favourite generous man in a red suit? It must be horrible eating all of those cookies during Christmas. Surely you don't eat all of them, do you?

What have I done that's good this year? In the beginning it's been uncertain but now it seems I have my answer; for the past four months I've been trying to keep my family together. It's been quite difficult, almost seeming hopeless at times and I wish I had a little appreciation for the effort I've gone through to achieve this. Tomorrow will be the moment of truth so I hope all my hard work and patience will be rewarded.

My plans for the future are on hold currently until I achieve my goal, but I hope next year to have enough time to resume my Let's Play of Pokemon Crystal and purchase the Nintendo Switch when it comes out, and perhaps being able to come back to 3DSPedia more frequently. I fear what may happen in the near-future, but regardless I hope everything turns out fine. Maybe I'll eventually get around to purchasing Pokemon Sun and Moon.

So, why does this relate to giving me a gift? As explained earlier, it's been difficult these past four months. I've had to sacrifice a lot of my time, money and personal wants for the sake of my goal and so I haven't had much time to wind down and enjoy the little things in life. It would be at least one small kindness for someone like me this year.

My first present choice would be green, since that is my favourite color. Failing that the second would be blue as it reminds me of a favourite video game character. Red would be next, then tan and finally pink.

May you spread your holiday spirit towards all the good little children out in the world, and please consider stockpiling those cookies instead of eating them straight away. Your health is important too, you know. ;)

~Panda Dyball
  1. Green
  2. Blue
  3. Red
  4. Tan
  5. Pink

Here goes nothing...

1) Tan 2) Blue 3) Red 4) Green 5)Pink

I would like one of these gifts so I can use it as a gift itself to be entirely honest. Work is tight lately and my pay isn't as much as I would like it to be, or rather the way it use to be. such is life. This could save me money that I may not otherwise have or even if I do that can go back into more gifts for others or even charity. Even though some people say this as a scam I really to try to give to local charity whenever I can. Besides, I still have many friends in which I have not chosen a gift, which makes this perfect no matter what I get, I can be happy in knowing I was able to make someone else's Christmas that much better. I feel like Christmas should be about the happiness of everyone, regardless of anything else. After all, I'm certain that at least once in everyone's life they have at least once wished for world peace, so why not focus on making others happy in whatever way you can. I know this probably sounds like the classic Christmas tales we all grow up with, but every tale has to be inspired from someone, somewhere. Which is why I truly hope I win, but even if I don't I'm glad to have had a chance at this anyway. Thanks, for the opportunity Santa and for the first time in 17 years I would greatly enjoy if you actually wrote back for once as I have requested in EVERY SINGLE Santa letter.

In Hopes Of You Finally Writing Back,
Sincerly, Etrian_Warrior​

I'll have you known I have been good this year with one event and that is one week ago my parents decided that they would go to Disney World and that they would have me be in charge of my siblings for a whole week (I have two brothers and a sister) and it was the most stressful week of my life my youngest brother and sister like to get into fights alot and everyday there was at least two fights and I had to resolve them quickly or the whole house would've been in chaos and this was the first time my parents had done anything like this before so I had a lot of stress in trying not to mess it up. Thankfully my parents made the meals really easy to make but there was another problem spaghetti my sister hates spaghetti and I had to fix it twice for her so she would get really mad at me for fixing her that food and one more thing if my brother and sister got into a fight my sister would get upset at me because apparently I got mad at her even though I told her stop kindly. But the experience wasn't all in vain as it was a great learning experience I found out I could resolve problems quickly and learned not to ignore as things can get hectic if you do and it wasn't bad half the time and now this week now that it is over is one of the most relaxing weeks in my life. I planning for the future to take advice from this if I ever have kids I finally know what's like for my parents and playing video games got me through that time and is still helping me so I plan as always to get more I hope from this gift that I get an eshop or a steam gift card so video games can help me with the stressful parts of life so that's why I believe I should get the last present as I know since this was somehow a success it's bound to happen again in the future
The present order is Red, Blue, Tan, Pink, and blue.
And thank you Santa for giving me a chance for a present.

Dear Santa,

Hey, there, what's up? Has everything been well for you? I must admit, this year has been a crazy one, and I can barely imagine how 2017 is going to turn out. I heard you've got limited amounts of presents, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Despite what other people might say about me, I feel as though I've been good this year. I've circulated the laundry, done the dishes, swept and mopped the floor, vacuumed the carpets, shared my food, gave some money, all without being asked. I also was able to help out with some of the projects that were going around my community. I've also decided to be the face of positively and happiness when I am around people. The kind of people I am around don't think of themselves to be anything great, so I've helped them out on that. I've also joined Hope Squad this year, and I've saved a lot of people from suicide, and I've also saved some other people that were physically hurt. One time, during my summer gym class, a classmate suddenly collapsed and was having a seizure. I helped the authorities onto the field and showed them where to go.

As I've said in my previous passage, I do not know what the 2017 year will hold. However, I plan to help snow some walks and maybe get more involved with some other things in my community, such as clubs, school games, or maybe run for SBO or Hope Squad again. I really hope that as more people need saving, I can be there and help out with the appropriate measures that need to be taken. I also hope that I can really make a difference among my peers in how they see themselves, so that then they can help other people feel better about what they do.

How this relates to getting a present is that well...I kind of don't have very many people who have a common interest where I come from. Almost nobody but me has a 3DS where I live, and the other person that does have a 3DS doesn't really talk to me anymore. See, I'm really hoping to get Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS because it's got that online multiplayer feature not many of my games have. But because not very many people know what's really going on, they think I'm just anti-social, but the truth is that I would love to go to parties and have fun, but nobody invites me to anything. The things up there relates to getting a present because I want to be a hero for other people, and so the people who are going through the things I am right now can see me as a good friend, who's got that thing that can really help bring people together.

Well, that is the end of this letter. I can't really think of much else to put down, but I hope you understand better than the people I am around everyday.

~Aura

P.S. Someone told me to write this down in my letter, so here I go.

1) Blue
2) Tan
3) Green
4) Red
5) Pink

Here's my letter!
1) Blue
2) Tan
3) Green
4) Red
5) Pink

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Santa,
How are you my dear generous rosed cheek man? I was wondering if I could make it in your nice list this year? Have I been good Santa this year or not you choose?

Okay Santa let me tell you all the good things I've done this year. I remember one time one of my classmate stepped on poop and I'm kind of popular in that class. She was so embarrassed that it smelled badly and my friend was saying it smelled bad and I told her that it was just the AC. Then everyone started smelling it when one of the students told the teacher if he could turn off the AC to make the classroom be cold.Oh Santa! I felt bad for that girl so when everyone said it smelled I just took the blame and then the class started laughing so I just ignored them. Then when class finished the girl was so happy she told thank you and walked away I didn't really care because it felt very good not to receive anything in return as long as she didn't get out on the spot or embarrassed it made me feel good.

Another story is that this year me and my companions have Algebra 2 and my friends don't seem smart enough to do the homework the teacher assigns us. I just take pictures of my homework and give them the answers I don't really care what they give me because I will refuse to accept it. I want my pals to pass the class and make their parents proud when they graduate like me next year and hopefully they won't be SummerGrads because I'm here if they need help.

My other story is I remember 2 months when my cousins came to my house and then we were playing Pokémon. Then when we were watching T.V. they told me where were my Pokémon cards and I told them that they were in the garage and before they were leaving they were so sad. Then I yelled "Hey hold up" and I ran to their car and gave them all my Pokémon card collection and they were happy because it came out of my heart that I gave them away. Then when they waved bye they said "Thank you Leaandro byeee" it made me feel so happy from the inside and seeing them happy as well because there dad isn't in this country he moved to another one while their mom never buys them anything they were the first Pokémon cards I received when I was 11 and I was really happy when I got them ,but giving them away was more better.

My last letter for Santa could see my all the nice things I've done. I remember this year ,but junior year when I had a crush on a girl and she was a senior and she was failing geometry and she didn't want to be a summer grad so I helped her ,but with no interests and she was really happy I helped her out a lot from all the students in that class she said I was the real friend and she admired me. I would go to her house mostly on fridays to help her out with her homework because her mom worked and her dad did too and she had to take care of her little siblings. I helped her catch up on homework because I didn't want her to fail (I also put aside my love for her because I bet she wouldn't like me anyways.) Then when junior year was almost over she was so worried because she wanted to graduate on time and go to college because she wanted to have a better life than her parents. Then it came to the day she had to graduate she told me one day I went to her house that she was so worried she was in danger of not graduating so I told her "Hey you know I'm here you know that" and she said "Okay" so then I made a deal with my cousin and my brother and I told them I'll give them all my shinies and legendaries in Pokémon Y and Alpha Sapphire if they helped me with her homework since they were smart we helped her grades from geometry and I helped her with both chemistry and Economics although it was really tiring while her other class subjects were Spanish,Home cooking and Drama class. Then when she was one day away from graduation I was going to ask her out and give her roses ,but sadly I saw her with a guy doing personal stuff ;-; and I knew I had to move on and after she graduated it was so sad she didn't even care who I was ,but it didn't matter to me I knew I had to move on and find someone better and cheer up and be grateful for what I have done and I don't why ,but this it didn't feel great even though I was doing something nice and I had to pull myself together and be happy.

Dear Santa, I surely wish I could have one of the presents this year because I have done a lot of nice things for others. I don't think I'll be getting anything this year because of bills and debit cards my parents have to pay so please Santa please just please I just can't wait to see your face when you nod and say "Yes Leaandro you'll get a present this year" so please say "Yea" Santa I'll be sad if I don't get a present this year Santa Good or Evil everyone deserves a present this year last Christmas I didn't receive anything also I remember when I was a kid I went over to my cousins house and everyone was opening their presents while me and my brother didn't have any and just saw it was too harsh so please hear my wishes Santa.

Sincerely, @Leaandro15

The order I want my presents are
1.Blue

2.Red
3. Green
4. Tan
5. Pink
1.Blue
2.Red
3. Green
4. Tan
5. Pink

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Santa
I was trying hard to be good this year and, oddly enough, I think I succeeded. It was probably because I started to hang out with everyone, even with my family. They are really nice. For the past few months after I lost my job I helped my mom about cooking and cleaning while she was at her job and I even learned to cook tons of stuffs so for this Christmas I will make you some chocolate chip cookies.
And I forgot to mention that I wasn't depressed that much this year to be honest, probably because I was too occupied.

What are my future plans you ask? Oh man, don't even make me started. Well, first of all, with the remaining money I intend to buy a TV for my room. Not too big but enough to play some games on it. After that I'm hoping on buying a Nintendo Switch, also with my remaining money. I hope NS won't be so expensive because I really want it.
Next thing I want is to enroll in Art Academy this fall. That's my biggest wish of all. If I don't succeed, I'll try harder next year and year after that until I succeed because I want to learn how to draw from my head. Also I want to be a well known painter.
If I don't enroll in Art Academy I'll try my best and get a job just so I can buy all the wonderful things I want like a new professional camera, some 3DS and Nintendo Switch games and lots of other cool things.
Oh, I shouldn't forget about my wish to become a famous youtuber. I didn't start my channel yet because I don't have a camera that can record more than one minute (my camera is literally that bad, that's one of the reasons why I need a new one).

So many wish for the future and yet so little time and money to fulfill them all so, dear Santa, I hope it wasn't too bothersome to read my letter. I'm not asking you to buy me any of the stuff I've written above, I just want you to come down my chimney and try some cookies I'll bake you. I hope you'll love them.
Sincerely,
Livada

1. Blue
2. Red
3. Tan
4. Pink
5. Green

DrWTrP0.png

Santa has limited presents to give out this year :(

Can you convince him?

Welcome to 3DSpedia's Christmas Event - Convince the Santa!
Hosted by your one and only, rawrrie <3

cjaYLX4.png

Write a letter to Santa explaining why you should get the remaining present!

Starter questions:
What are some good things you have done?
What are you planning to do in the future?
How does that relate to this gift?

- letter must be less than 1000 words

- feel free to be as creative as possible
- for ex. add original poems, songs

and drawings to your letter

- emotional stuff is allowed but not recc.
- 5 most convincing letter(s) will win prizes
- post entry here! (If I feel someone is copying,
they are less likely to win)
- graded on effort, not grammatical skill or vocabulary
- still, please try to use the best grammar possible

- state which present you want, greatest to least. ex: 1) red 2) tan
3) pink 4) green 5) blue (outside of the letter, separately)
- you can't say you don't want the gift,
or give it to someone else.

aIiDtSl.png

wYVbo3K.png
HkQn0ou.png
YvBhfsG.png
VUXNWNw.png
V73ksgB.png

Presents are a surprise!

After the winners are selected, their gift boxes are chosen according to their place that they won. 1st place gets their first choice for example.

Why do the Christmas things always have to be writing >.< I might join as I'm horrible at writing

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
some questions before doing my letter:
1:how much time we have
2: ¿the prizes are for america or europe? ¿or both? it would suck if I i get a USA game(for example) but then I cant use it because I am from europe

2: ¿the prizes are for america or europe? ¿or both? it would suck if I i get a USA game(for example) but then I cant use it because I am from europe
  1. You have until Christmas day or somewhere near that to submit this.
  2. Unsure since I'm not the game host. We don't even know if it's games or Play Coins or possibly both.

1. You have until Christmas day or somewhere near that to submit this.
  2. Unsure since I'm not the game host. We don't even know if it's games or Play Coins or possibly both.
I agree with Panda I think its at the end of Christmas since Santa goes bye bye after the 25th and the gifts are completely random and an ohhhhhhh enigma.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
tfw you don't know how to set something as a spoiler

tfw you don't know how to set something as a spoiler

[*SPOILER="Title goes here"]Put the letter in here[/*SPOILER]

Remove the asterisks * before posting.

[*SPOILER="Title goes here"]Put the letter in here[/*SPOILER]

Remove the asterisks * before posting.
Thanks

Dear Sandy Claws:
How is Sir Tophamm Hat's distant cousin doing? I've been...I...I did... At least I didn't kill anyone. I think that means I deserve a gift. Are you not convinced? Let me convince you then!

I decided to get my older brother a present...a 3DS. I may be broke but at least he will be happy.
I really enjoy putting up the Christmas Tree every year.I get this feeling in my stomach...I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the feeling of joy, or the Christam Spirit starting to kick in, or maybe it's the burrito I ate for lunch...WHO KNOWS
The Christmas Tree is great, but what makes it even better is seeing all of the presents under the tree. It warms my heart knowing the people I love will be getting something.Its always good to give back.Speaking of giving back, that's something I've been doing a lot. While my dad goes to work, my mom stays home taking care of us. I really appreciate what she does for us and I want to help. I'll do thing like clean the dishes,wash the laundry, and clean up the house just so she can relax.

Another part of Christmas that I love are the Christmas Specials. Stuff like How The Grinch Stole Christmas(not the live action one),Polar Express, Home Alone 1+2(do they count as Christmas movies),etc. Everytime they come on we all get together as a family and watch them. It's a tradition that never loses its charm.Another thing that never loses its charm is Egg Nogg. I LOVE that stuff! Every year around this time, I start craving it. I don't know what it is, but it keeps making me beg for more.

What I've mentioned already may be great, but my favorite part of Christmas has to be the songs. I'm a very vocal person and I love to sing. I do it anytime I get the chance. I enjoy caroling, singing at Christmas concerts, and just singing in general. The songs associated with Christmas are some of the catchiest, happiest, and uplifting songs I've ever heard.

I hope my love for Christmas convinced you.
Keep Mrs.Claus happy and give Rudolf a hug for me.

Sincerely,
Jacob
(1. Tan (2.Red (3. Green (4.Blue (5.Pink

The gifts are for all regions :D

I like too do it, but I forget how do spoiler. My java is little rusty. XD

I like too do it, but I forget how do spoiler. My java is little rusty. XD
[*SPOILER="put title here"]put your letter here[/*SPOILER] dont use *

Back