Closed Create a video-game cover contest

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@PersonSP draw it all!........... like i did :p

Video-game front cover: http://pk-espurr-does-art.tumblr.co...his-is-just-a-little-cover-i-made-for-a-story
Video-game back cover: See Front Cover
Name of game: Clock Work
Platform: Nintendo 3ds
Genre: Action/Adventure
Summary: Travel through time with Amia and Cato as they work to restore order to the flow of time.
Plot: A group of witches, lead by former Time General Sariel, begins stealing the precious gears that keep Time flowing steadily. As people begin to travel through tiime, twists are made and the world begins to fall apart. Amia, the Godess and Keeper of Time, and her brother Cato, an ex-God and famous thief, team up to re-establish order.
Controls: Circle pad to move, A and B to use weapons, touch screen to switch between weapons, and L and R for camera control (c-stick on New 3ds) The X button is use for weapons and the Y button switches the player bwtween running or walking. It does not have to be held down.
Features: Expansive Story Mode, Local Play, Online Quests, and a Hub World of sorts with lots of little references to popular media, historical figures, ect.
Extras/Details: There will be a place where you can listen to the game's soundtrack and re-watch any cutscenes for important details/humor.
What inspired you to make this: I enjoy thinking about the concept of time, and my idea is that you can travel to the same point in time multiple times, but it won't be the same point. Time is like a river, kind of. You can step in the same place many times, but it won't be the same river. That idea led me to create the plot, and things like characters just followed. I've also always enjoyed quirky side characters that you can play as, so the online features came from that. You don't play as the main characters, you play aas the members of the Time Army, which is more of a volunteer corporation. I could go on and on about ideas I have for this game, but I'm not making it any time soon so I don't want to get too carried away.

Reactions: Yukine and 3823
@pk-espurr that art is really, realLY, REALLY GOOD!!

Today's the day!
Good luck to everyone who entered!

Is the judging done because mine is finished I just need to upload it

3ds_cover_template_v3_by_aaronmon97-d4tm8sz.png

Video-game front cover: See above
Video-game back cover: See above
Screenshots (optional): (In the cover)
Name of game: Redeye ('redeye')
Platform: Nintendo 3ds
Genre: RPG/Action/Adventure
Summary: This is the world of Havastia, where everyone has the potential for supernatural powers, but some have more potential than others. The single-player storyline is played as a character called Ryuuta. He is one who was born with a red eye. Those with red eyes have potential for incredible power, but Ryuuta's red eye ability is very unreliable and is far from stable; it cannot activate at will and is instead very random and rare. When Ryuuta was young, his father was killed by an evil Tribe's members, known as the Hellcore Tribe. Upon finding a clue to Hellcore Tribe's location from an annonymous letter, Ryuuta sets out on a journey to find them and take revenge on his father's death. Ryuuta comes along many fierce enemies along the way, but he perseveres, along the way discovering the secrets to his red eye ability.

Plot: Ryuuta journeys throughout Havastia and continues to find clues to Hellcore's location. With all the obstacles he comes across along his adventure, as well as the countless enemies unrelated to the Hellcore Tribe, Ryuuta realises what it means to be truly strong. In the early stages, he is spared of his life by an incredibly strong opponent, which forced Ryuuta into rethinking his ways. However, Ryuuta only decides that he must become stronger and that is his only choice. He delves deeper into the mysteries of Hellcore and realise what he must to do in order to exact revenge on Hellcore; he must awaken and fully perfect his red eye. The game is played as an open-world RPG, with Ryuuta going up levels that indicate how much strength and power he generally has. This allows him to be a character who grows throughout the story, which helps him learn the ways of being a worrier in this cruel world. He also encounters along the way others who have the same red eye ability and mock him for his inability to control it. Ryuuta has no other family members specified during gameplay, but it is generally assumed by the player that his mother had died before he was born because of the various pictures of his mother put up in place on walls around his house. There are 10 areas within the land of Havastia, which is sea-locked. The sea is seemingly a deadly sea which no one has ever come out of alive for some reason, so no one could safely leave Havastia, but there are some unrevealed mysteries about this strange sea. Furthermore, there are characters such as Helios, who is shown in the top-left screenshot, who has the red eye and will kill anyone at will who attempts to interfere, and Yamito, shown in the bottom-right screen shot of the back cover, who seemingly does not have a red eye but has powers related to darkness, able to turn the area pitch black. Other characters that are strong are also present to get in Hikaru's path to Hellcore. He discovers the truth about Hellcore and his father.

Controls: The analogue stick controls Ryuuta in the open-world and in battle, plus is also used to scroll through menu items, such as weaponry and clothes, in the open-world. The D-Pad can also be used for the purpose of scrolling through menus, but can be used to change the camera direction if necessary. The R button can help quick-select registered items when used in the open-world, whilst the L button changes the view of the character. The A button is used to talk with people, the B button can be used to duck, the X button is used to punch and the Y button is used to kick (combination attacks can be made through a multi-usage of the ABXY buttons, but only in battle). The bottom screen can be used to create combination attacks and special techniques can be formed. If the L and R buttons are pressed simultaneously, 'redeye' activates and Ryuuta can attack with much more power, as well as having the ability to control his signature ability of 'white fire' with the bottom screen; however, this cannot be done in most sections of the story. In battle, Ryuuta can use B to block and A to charge up power. Pressing R+A direction on the D-Pad allows Ryuuta to speed-jump towards the specified direction. When on a bird, the anologue stick is mainly used to steer and A can be used to flap higher, whilst B lets it descend; tapping X lets you make a burst of speed, whilst tapping Y lets you dismount from the bird, even in the sky. On the New 3DS, the C-Stick can be used to change camera directions.

Features: In single-player, there are 3 save files available. After the main-storyline, various other quests and battles open up and the player can aim for 100% completion. There is also a Battle Stadium, in which Ryuuta can participate to fight against past enemies in a tournament style simulation, to obtain new items or keep levelling up (capped at level 100). The game can also be played in Local Multiplayer and Online Multiplayer modes. In local multiplayer, you can fight tournaments or free-for-alls with a maximum of 8 players, in which one plays as the character created for online multiplayer. If a character has not been created, a default male or female avatar with differing clothes colours may be selected. In online multiplayer, one has the option to design their own character for the game. There is first a ranking system, with 1v1 or free-for-all battles. As you win, you can rise up the rankings and your level goes up, (starting from 1) allowing you to increase your stats, receive new 'redeye' skills obtain new armor and clothes and new hairstyles. Initially, no redeye skills are available, but as you rise in levels, many possibilities open up to you and redeye skills can be changed when desired (not in battle). In 1v1 and free-for-all, you only fight those who relatively similair to your level to prevent facing someone with much higher or lower stats. The max level is capped at 500, but even once 500 is reached, there are special events only available to those who are Level 500, which include free-for-alls and 1v1 tournaments, in which special items unavailable through general play can be obtained. There is also an open-world playable section of Online, in which new items can be gained and other players can be fought in the open-world setting, which also count towards the rankings.

Extras/Details: In the Options/Settings, the volumes of SFX and music can be altered, along with the anologue/D-Pad sensitivity, plus in the Extras section, you can replay battles recorded from Online or Single-player, with no limit to the number that can be recorded. They can also be uploaded to the Redeye website for everyone to view. Furthermore, you can check Local-Multiplayer rankings here, as well as practice battle against an AI dummy with the option to choose to battle either as Ryuuta or as your online avatar. If there are a multitude of people reaching Level 500, the level cap may increase and may continuously increase, with the addition of new events and items as well.

What inspired you to make this: My own ideas and thoughts that I initially made into a manga, but I adapted it heavily and turned it into this, which has in fact a lot different to the manga I am making in the end :p Now I don't think they have anything in common. I like RPGs and Action Adventure games and I just thought up of this whilst drawing (it's not very good, but I tried it to keep it simple because I prefer simplisitic covers where not much is revealed as it looks more clean, or professional potentially). There is more I could say about the Plot, but if I revealed too much I might be spoiling it incase I ever do come to make it one day. :3

Good luck to everyone entering! :D

Reactions: Thelastprodigy and 3823
@PersonSP draw it all!........... like i did :p
I did! But I drew separate images I need to merge together for the special effects. And I still need to select which images to use. But since I got the basics done now I should be able to finish in just a couple more hours...

Will get mine soon! No worries

I finally got it done! :D I had to delete (or at least, not upload, I really could bring myself to throw it all away) most of the materials I made, but I think this is a nice selection. :3

Video-game front cover:
28grqqx.png

Video-game back cover:
19tndc.png

Screenshots (optional):
Strange dream
2w3z88w.jpg

Diary snippet
2uohx7n.jpg

Name of game: Time Travellers Diary
Platform:2DS/3DS/3DS XL/N3DS/N3DS XL
Genre:Mystery/RPG/Puzzle/Action
Summary:
It is a game about time travel and finding out deeper truths. After all, nothing is as it seems. The game revolves about collecting clues about the different time-lines you travel trough. The clues are seemingly unrelated pieces from all sort of diaries (are they all yours? Or are they written by others? What do they mean?) which can give you hints about what is actually going on in the game. You will also find answers in graffiti, conversations and newspapers. Keep your eyes open. With time travel your past changes so your character will have amnesia, double fake memories, and visions of futures that may or may not happen. His or her personality slowly develops as you play. There is no real bad guy-good guy set up in this game, because it will soon become clear howpeople can change completely depending on their surrounding or if they meet the right person. The game would be both puzzle and action. Which one you encounter more depends on your playstyle. If you choose to evade the action the first couple of times the game will make a puzzle out of itself, if you go blindly killing everything you will end up in a spiral of violence. With multiple playthroughs you could get all ending/beginnings.

Plot:
One day you have a very strange nightmarish dream. Quickly extra-ordinary events pile up and in a chase to catch "the badguy" you soon find out you can, in fact, travel time. As you travel to parallel worlds with slightly different timelines you'll find that good and evil are not as black and white and quickly reality dissolves into a blur. Those who wronged might become your allies, those you always loved will leave you estranged. With the time travelling altering your past you memories begin to fade. Scattered throughout the worlds will be hints to what is true and what lies ahead, the most important being diary pages. There are multiple writers from different perspectives, fellow travellers and madmen alike.

After you unlock a certain amount of endings/beginnings you might eventually meet other travellers. (Or are they?) Some might be stuck, whether you are willing and able to help them will change the story. If you help them out, will you partner up? Will this person answer your questions? Or deceive you? What happens if they leave you behind? Will you forgive? Will you seek revenge?

This is not a game about good and evil, or about time-travel, the main focus will be on finding out what really happened and what is true. Since your main character will be an amnesiac with a constantly changing past it will slowly get harder to figure out what is reality. At first you might feel like it is just the story of someone who discovers he can jump between timelines, but as you progress things will get more questionable. Is this actually happening? Is this just a dream? Is he even sane? You would have to figure that out for yourself.

Controls:
Change for some worlds and scenes, most of the time:
Touchscreen: Tap/slide to walk, double tap to examine/pick up item
a/b/y/x buttons: A talk/pick up item/eat drink B cancel/jump Y menu X open up bag/read diary
Circle pad/ Plus button: shift view
L/R buttons: Different combinations with the other buttons give different (fighting) moves
Microphone: Chat function with NPCs/ basic commands

Features:
  • Your characters personality will change with your choices. Will you slowly grow dark and evil? Will you be able to hold on to your ideals in a shifting world? You are not limited to being the hero or the villain in a world in the grey.
  • The game will adapt to your playstyle. If You want to go headfirst into combat and fight yourself out, you might find a quick solution or end up in and endless spiral of violence. If you are a puzzler who likes seeking clues, prepare for the challenge of your life.
  • It features a non-linear timeline, each part of the game can be acceded at any time but it might get you to lose your memory.
  • The game will have multiple "endings" which will in their turn also be "beginnings" after you played your first round.
  • No fussing over the gamer, your choices and paths you take are yours, so you will never be asked: "Are you sure you want to do that?". The game will not protect you from your mistakes, it should feel more lifelike that way.
  • Lots of dialogue and details to build the story
  • Each world features it's own unique artstyle, from really colourfull worlds with little 3D details to oldschool 8-bit graphics.
  • 6 save slots so you can try different ways of playing
Extras/Details:
The story would start with the main having a strange, nightmarish dream. This dream would not involve any text or explanation to ensure that as a player you will immediately feel the estrangement and confusion your main is going through after the dream. When he gets scared, you will. When he laughs, I hope you will too.
In the game you will never be able to see the protagonists entire face, you'll get to see a glimpse at best. This is to ensure you can let your own creativity go wild. The protagonist will be male and while his normal looks will be a brown suite with hat, his clothing will change with the story and if you're lucky enough to find a world of prosperity you can even buy him new clothing! Or even more important; a few more watches? After all, those who travel without a watch are lost...
What inspired you to make this: A lot of things gave me inspiration but a major inspiration would the game Virtues Last Reward. As you might guess there's also a good amount of interest in Physics and Philosophy thrown into this idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathDragon, Moon Rain, Yukine and 3 others
Is the judging done because mine is finished I just need to upload it
You have until the end of today. :3

Entries looking good, guys >.<)/

Video-game front cover:
QGus1ZH.jpg

Video-game back cover:
FljH5Ef.jpg

Screenshots:
On back cover

Name of game:
Attack of Mayrios

Platform:
Windows OS Windows Vista/Windows 7/windows 8/8.1/10

Genre: Action/Puzzle/Rpg

Summary: Go Exploring a land full of new and old places with clever puzzles and RPG elements

Plot: A paper stick figure goes on a quest to get all the food and money he can in order to beat his former boss Mayrio

Controls: With a Xbox 360 or one controller: left/right analog stick to move D-pad:nothing left and right buttons to switch party member in lead A button to run B button to attack X button to use a spell or item Y button to interact with people/objects Select to bring up the options start to pause With a Keyboard: arrow keys to move 1 and 2 to switch party member in lead Z key to run X key to attack A key to use a spell S key to interact with people/objects enter to bring up options F1 to pause

Features: Multiplayer support, Downloadable characters and items, And you can trade in game items with other players online

Extras/Details: Voice command coming soon

What inspired you to make this : I have always thought of a project that could have RPG elements, but still not enough to make it just another one of the many out there. For the paper stick figures I wanted the player to have a generic character who doesn't even have a name and slowly you can see them make a name for themselves as the game progresses. Also I wanted to do something original so rather than regular sprites use real world objects to the game(Yes the sharpie Part can be considered cheating but it is just a sub name in the title)

Probably going to be disqualified :cry:

You have until the end of today. :3

Entries looking good, guys >.<)/
:confused: If only I'd known that sooner, I finished mine at midnight (literally) :sleep:

Aww I finished mine an hour too late ;^;
Ah never mind, good luck guys! I can't wait to see who the winners are :3

No! Post it! I really want to see what you came up with!

PLEASE GIVE ME 1 MORE DAY! I JUST NEED TO DO A LITTLE BIT CHANGES! ( 10 MINS!! ) PLEASE @rawrrie !

PLEASE GIVE ME 1 MORE DAY! I JUST NEED TO DO A LITTLE BIT CHANGES! ( 10 MINS!! ) PLEASE @rawrrie !

It's okie. Go ahead and post them. c:

hhh tthank you for letting me post it! qwq

Video-game front cover: x
Video-game back cover: you can tell I rushed this part x'3
Screenshots (optional): x
Name of game: Lucid Delusionist
Platform: 3ds
Genre: RPG/Puzzle/Adventure
Summary: Imagine you could leave the stressful and hectic commotion of this world and escape to a dream-like world were anything is possible. Unfortunately that was just to good to be true...you're trapped in a nightmare filled with twists and turns and a city crawling with monsters! Build your own team, fighting the supernatural and solving mysteries seems like the only way to get out
Plot: 16 year old boy genius Asher Kiakuri has spiralled into depression. With heaps of pressure toppling over him and no family or friends for support, he seeks an escape. One day, he happens to meet an alternate version of himself from a different world who offers to solve all his problems. He offers to enable Asher to switch his current life for one in the 'dream world', So that's what he does. He accepts the deal, and the two of them switch places. The clone takes his place in the 'real world' and vice versa.

Unfortunately for Asher, the world he was transported to, wasn't all that he had expected. It's an Alice and wonderland type nightmare, but more dark and sinister. This place is dangerous. The objective of the game is to help the main character escape by finding a portal that's supposedly impossible to find.But as he meets new people and makes more allies that could help him, he finds himself caught in the middle of mysteries that he has to solve.

Throughout the game he'll find out more about the dream world and of its secrets. He'll discover new ways to get rid of the monsters that roam about the cities and block his way. You can create a team from the friends and allies that he's made throughout the game, and those people will aid him in battle.
To make things worse than they already are, it looks like the clone that took his place, is causing a lot of trouble in the real world.
Controls:
R button:
Will bring up a small menu that consists of your Inventory, your Team, your Weaponry, the Map, a list of monsters that you've encountered and an option that you can you can use to save your game.
L button:
Brings up the settings. Whilst in battle, the L button will change the camera viewpoint.
A:
Select/talk to ncps/interact with objects.
B:
Back/ hold whilst using the circle pad to run. Also, pressing this during a cutscene, or while an ncp is talking, will make it speed up.
Y:
items can be assigned to this button
X:
Jump
Circle pad/d pad:
Walk around.
C stick:
change camera angle

Features:
-Choose your own path. In this game, the things you say to other characters and the choices you make will ultimately affect the outcome of the game.
-Some monsters in the game can be tamed to join your party if you have the right items/skills. You can tame up to three, but only one can join you in battle at a time.
-You can customize the outfit/equipment each character has. You'll find that different combinations of clothes and items can boost your stats by a great amount.
-To make the game more dream-like, the weapons you decide to use for fighting is endless and can be almost anything, ranging from ordinary household items to medieval weapons and space guns. Incidentally, in this jumbled up world, you might find that using a peculiar weapon like a saucepan is more effective than a sword. After reaching a certain point in the
game, you can use items to merge 2 or more weapons together to make better ones.

Extras/Details: The battle mechanics in Lucid are pretty much like any other RPG (earthbound, bravely default, pokemon etc.) You can also get small parts to upgrade your equiptment from other players via streetpass :3

What inspired you to make this: uhhh well originally the concept came from two (really bad) comics that I made ages ago. I decided to revise the plots and merge them together. Also I really liked the idea of having a clone of yourself that turns evil. The idea for that came from the song called A Fake, Fake Psychotropic by Gumi, which is about a depressed girl who creates a clone of herself to do all her work... but it backfires. And the dream stuff...I don't know...I just came up with that x3 I wanted to create a really weird nonsensical world like those in Mother/Earthbound and Alice in wonderland so I thought it would make sense to take place in someone's dreams--since they hardly ever make sense x3

Reactions: DeathDragon, Kiki and 3823
hhh tthank you for letting me post it! qwq

Video-game front cover: x
Video-game back cover: you can tell I rushed this part x'3
Screenshots (optional): x
Name of game: Lucid Delusionist
Platform: 3ds
Genre: RPG/Puzzle/Adventure
Summary: Imagine you could leave the stressful and hectic commotion of this world and escape to a dream-like world were anything is possible. Unfortunately that was just to good to be true...you're trapped in a nightmare filled with twists and turns and a city crawling with monsters! Build your own team, fighting the supernatural and solving mysteries seems like the only way to get out
Plot: 16 year old boy genius Asher Kiakuri has spiralled into depression. With heaps of pressure toppling over him and no family or friends for support, he seeks an escape. One day, he happens to meet an alternate version of himself from a different world who offers to solve all his problems. He offers to enable Asher to switch his current life for one in the 'dream world', So that's what he does. He accepts the deal, and the two of them switch places. The clone takes his place in the 'real world' and vice versa.

Unfortunately for Asher, the world he was transported to, wasn't all that he had expected. It's an Alice and wonderland type nightmare, but more dark and sinister. This place is dangerous. The objective of the game is to help the main character escape by finding a portal that's supposedly impossible to find.But as he meets new people and makes more allies that could help him, he finds himself caught in the middle of mysteries that he has to solve.

Throughout the game he'll find out more about the dream world and of its secrets. He'll discover new ways to get rid of the monsters that roam about the cities and block his way. You can create a team from the friends and allies that he's made throughout the game, and those people will aid him in battle.
To make things worse than they already are, it looks like the clone that took his place, is causing a lot of trouble in the real world.
Controls:
R button:
Will bring up a small menu that consists of your Inventory, your Team, your Weaponry, the Map, a list of monsters that you've encountered and an option that you can you can use to save your game.
L button:
Brings up the settings. Whilst in battle, the L button will change the camera viewpoint.
A:
Select/talk to ncps/interact with objects.
B:
Back/ hold whilst using the circle pad to run. Also, pressing this during a cutscene, or while an ncp is talking, will make it speed up.
Y:
items can be assigned to this button
X:
Jump
Circle pad/d pad:
Walk around.
C stick:
change camera angle

Features:
-Choose your own path. In this game, the things you say to other characters and the choices you make will ultimately affect the outcome of the game.
-Some monsters in the game can be tamed to join your party if you have the right items/skills. You can tame up to three, but only one can join you in battle at a time.
-You can customize the outfit/equipment each character has. You'll find that different combinations of clothes and items can boost your stats by a great amount.
-To make the game more dream-like, the weapons you decide to use for fighting is endless and can be almost anything, ranging from ordinary household items to medieval weapons and space guns. Incidentally, in this jumbled up world, you might find that using a peculiar weapon like a saucepan is more effective than a sword. After reaching a certain point in the
game, you can use items to merge 2 or more weapons together to make better ones.

Extras/Details: The battle mechanics in Lucid are pretty much like any other RPG (earthbound, bravely default, pokemon etc.) You can also get small parts to upgrade your equiptment from other players via streetpass :3

What inspired you to make this: uhhh well originally the concept came from two (really bad) comics that I made ages ago. I decided to revise the plots and merge them together. Also I really liked the idea of having a clone of yourself that turns evil. The idea for that came from the song called A Fake, Fake Psychotropic by Gumi, which is about a depressed girl who creates a clone of herself to do all her work... but it backfires. And the dream stuff...I don't know...I just came up with that x3 I wanted to create a really weird nonsensical world like those in Mother/Earthbound and Alice in wonderland so I thought it would make sense to take place in someone's dreams--since they hardly ever make sense x3
I think your drawings are pretty neat, the white haired boy reminds me of an anime character whose name I forgot (half Ghoul half human? Tokyo Ghoul I believe). Also the stuff with the dreams, did you read my video game back cover? It states "Sometimes the closest thing to reality is a dream" so it seems like we were thinking in the same direction. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back