Closed Create a video-game cover contest

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Plus fir Girls :D
really wish love plus get poŕted tho.

also grèat arts as usual. You say you draw one of the ģuys..... if i would take a guess.. i think its tge one in the far right, right? @numage

Reactions: numage
Finally Finish my entry! Now I have some free time :D

Video-game front cover:

I drew one of the guy on the front cover, I think it is quite obvious which one it is xD
L_zps6vosirvn.jpg

Video-game back cover:
Untitled-2_zpstfzi0ezk.jpg

Screenshots:
screenshot1_zpsm3kutfxm.jpg
screenshot%202_zpsmn3mhnys.jpg

Name of game:
Virtual Love
Platform: 3DS
Genre: Dating Sims (Otome Game)
Summary: The start of this game revolves around you and 4 guys. Choose one of the guys you like, and pile up memories with him as friends. After his confession, the story begins with you being his girlfriend and engage in conversations, virtual dates and much more in real time and location.

Plot:

The first arc starts with you transferring into the highscool and meet each of the guys in some aspect of your daily life. After you get to know them, choose one and develop a romantic relationship with him. Eventually the guy will confess to you and agreed to become a couple. After the confession, the second arc begins with your boyfriend.

In the second arc, you can do everything with your virtual boyfriend similar to your real life boyfriend (but nothing sexual of course). This includes going on a date, taking pictures, travelling and even talking using the "Virtual Talk" option using the built-in microphone. Since the game uses Real Time Clock (RTC) system, the game clock is synchronized with the real clock. This means your boyfriend's days start at the same time as your physical wake up time, and that his lunch time is the same as your school, or work, lunch time.
The game even takes care of the seasons, so during the summer, the characters would wear their short sleeves and in the winter, they would wear coats.

This game is endless, but not repetitive, since there will be millions of possibilities of events.

Controls:

Mostly stylus,
Circle pad to change camera angle or by tilting your 3DS,
D-pad to zoom in and out,
L button to hide/show the conversation box,
R button to "auto" the conversation,
A to speed up the conversation or choose an option from questions,
Y to skip the conversation,
B to deny an option/questions,
X to open the menu/pause the game

Features:

Face-recognition feature (using front 3DS camera)- your boyfriend will remember your face, so your friend cannot pretend to be his girlfriend instead! This feature also allow you to introduce your friend to him and also tracking your emotions (like in ORAS).

Real location date and photography (using rear 3DS camera)

Talk to your boyfriend (using the built-in microphone) - works like Apple's Siri in a way, but more romantic.

Customize your boyfriend - influence his hairstyle and clothing, for example by saying that you prefer a short-hair guy with cool-looking clothes and see how your boyfriend will surprise you on the next date! Similarly, you can influence your boyfriend's personality, say, you want a happy boyfriend and he might try to "act" that way, though it might not be natural but pretentious.

Gallery - apart from taking photos of your boyfriend, you can collect images of "moments" from a special event, try to collect them all!

Extras/Details: Use streetpass and local connection to get gifts for your boyfriend and unlock hairstyles/clothes!

What inspired you: The Love Plus series which only have virtual girlfriends and only available in Japanese.

You guys might think, who will be into these games?
Actually it is a very popular game in Japan (Love Plus I meant), and there is actually a guy who "married" the video game character, I mean an official marriage in real life. Here is the video

And even celebrating birthdays..

Hope you guys like this game xD
That's just professional! It looks ready to be played. Not that I have an urge to get a digital boyfriend though :p

Love Plus fir Girls :D
really wish love plus get poŕted tho.

also grèat arts as usual. You say you draw one of the ģuys..... if i would take a guess.. i think its tge one in the far right, right? @numage

Nope, take another guess ;)
Actually I used to play the English patch of Love plus on DS and I still love it lol

@numage... broken images ;-;

Really? I see them just fine and seems like others did as well.
I will try upload the images instead.

That's just professional! It looks ready to be played. Not that I have an urge to get a digital boyfriend though :p

Thank you! Haha, it is just something to enjoy, not getting a digital boyfriend for real of course :hilarious: (but seems like many Japanese guys took the digital girlfriend for real)

Nope, take another guess ;)
Actually I used to play the English patch of Love plus on DS and I still love it lol

Really? I see them just fine and seems like others did as well.
I will try upload the images instead.

Thank you! Haha, it is just something to enjoy, not getting a digital boyfriend for real of course :hilarious: (but seems like many Japanese guys took the digital girlfriend for real)
Ah well, but that's just Japan in a nutshell, isn't it? After seeing your entry I hope mine is still good enough for second place.

Ah well, but that's just Japan in a nutshell, isn't it? After seeing your entry I hope mine is still good enough for second place.

Well, I think this competition is based on effort, not the quality right? I think everyone is on par in this aspect.
I really love your idea on the other contest (RichGamerton's) so I'm looking forward to see your entry :D

Reactions: 3823
Name:Sympathy Of The Land

Platform:Wii U

Genre:Action/Rpg/Platformer

Plot:An evil force has taken over the world, and it's up to you to stop it.

Controls:Left joystick to move/Right joystick to move camera/Y to run/B to jump/A to attack/R for Special Attack/L to reset camera/Start(+) to pause/select options/select items/Select(-) to change characters/change weapons.

Sumarry:Explore the world with Jake and meet friends and foes along as you try to save the world.

Features:Many characters to choose from, and a day and night cycle.

What Inspired Me To Make It:I made it because I love to make art and I've wanted to make my own game for so long, and my chance has finally come.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I added all of you and Siri cause he posted at the same time I did :p. Take your time on your entries, okay? There's a lot of time and no need to rush. =)
do i have to include a screenshot?

RUvrWm5_g_MzPv62fXTZ5ZtchNGc-JH3hQrp7PcE6lIk9IgvY8-FoCMSynEUnXEHa7THng=s0-d-e1-ft

Have you ever wanted to create your own Video-game? Haven't we all? Well in this contest, you have the chance to show off your very own creation of a video-game and earn prizes!

This contest is super flexible! You can make a game on almost anything. Whether it's a new Zelda-type adventure, to a game about your best friend it's accepted. Nothing too vulgar or inappropriate, please. Be creative and as descriptive as you want! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask ^-^

ESK3Qg-ofkU2og_GYFQB8bVBwUn9Qs819YcXF8f7hhiA3uyu9zLVy4bF4H5F2qLIOiHrUA=s0-d-e1-ft

1. Can be digital or hand drawn.
  2. One entry per person.
  3. Must have at least 5 posts on forums to participate (eliminate double entries :c)
  4. Game must be original ( Your own characters )
  5. Anyone who is plagiarizing will be disqualified immediately.
  6. Have fun!
  7. Post finished entry here with all parts.
ZClCC8dayw2fzIS-oAOR7_EDXS9js5jkOdXdbGPtnZQLx-0O9VTB0vZqneVbqcArWB2Wmg=s0-d-e1-ft

Here is an example of an entry:
Video-game front cover:
ziOJkBRtN-hdGVNFYjM6So3SsfkSV5UD0OtpE18S9-VS-eGoTc_Vk53zawmJN0D7l4hIXw=s0-d-e1-ft
Video-game back cover:
KIKUPUbLu6NNcDQIxvlwRYwU0nX0Rz80fw7lngY-CZbzS-av28LaN7HvSLZpiBt4T3SfLQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Screenshots:
UTKgL0v.png
Gr3MIpZ.png
Name of game: The Legend of Nekochu
Platform: PC/Windows
Genre: Mystery/RPG/Puzzle
Summary: Explore with Nekochu as she transforms into different things and saves the world from the dreaded Inu-monster.
Plot: Panda-chan journeys her way to resurrect Nekochu.
Controls: 3d gameplay, use the mouse to move the camera and the W, A, S and D keys to move. Click for interacting with various objects. (Be more descriptive than this)
Features: different story endings, plethora of characters to choose from.
Extras/Details: Playable with Xbox/PS3 controller
What inspired you to make this game: @Spinnerweb :p

Remember, those above are just examples! Be as descriptive as possible! Anyone can win, because we are basing the results on effort more than skill! Also, try not to use too many images off the internet and make it original. One last thing, The written portion is just as important as the art portion, so try your best on both sections!

Note: You can use characters from the videogames/youtube/websites if you change their name, (e.g. Mario --> Maryo)

I'd prefer it to be original but too many people are asking me the same question.. ;-;

Here is the form:

Video-game front cover:
Video-game back cover:

Screenshots: (optional, don't worry if you don't want to add them)
Name of game:
Platform:
Genre:
Summary:

Plot:
Controls:
Features:
Extras/Details:
What inspired you:

Code:
[B]Video-game front cover[/B]:
[B]Video-game back cover[/B]:
[B]Screenshots (optional)[/B]:
[B]Name of game[/B]:
[B]Platform[/B]:
[B]Genre[/B]:
[B]Summary[/B]:
[B]Plot[/B]:
[B]Controls[/B]:
[B]Features[/B]:
[B]Extras/Details[/B]:
[B]What inspired you to make this[/B]:
*I recommend copy and pasting code and filling it out.

-You can add more to the text portion if you'd like.
-Images restricted to front cover and back cover
-You can have a maximum of 2 screenshots

gFuNoT5LOPegrFJBq8Og7HXPTnZVgI8ApDmH_vXL8dy78K3TixHTaDWfYjpSCkq8wk9B4Q=s0-d-e1-ft

1st place: 100pc
2nd place: 50pc
3rd place: 25pc

vLAEyW4.png

Here are some resources to help you guys get started! (You don't have to use them).

Have fun~!
am i in this ?

It's optional.
am i a in the participant list ? oh and what websites can i use to make the cover im having trouble inserting words in the pictures

am i a in the participant list ? oh and what websites can i use to make the cover im having trouble inserting words in the pictures

Read the main post. There's a notice for people who want to join late.

2 more days~~~~~ @numage seriously i have some confidence in my work until your entry came in and destroy it all :p atleast i hope i get tge 3rd prize goodluck to all!

Ugh! I'm trying to create an image but every time I do my internet crashes! Whyyyyyyyy :dead:

Read the main post. There's a notice for people who want to join late.

Hears my Entry

Video-game front cover: Dare

UxVW7y-fxJ089n54aREa_flcHZWZfZY8LxuAVUZXg8HGe3Fq4vkn_DMNJ8oCeIexqYQnsyUkLatrTxAXsYBmTFMsshWU_Vw_ouEUJsQNMtqlyqV5rvfnRmBSFaRkBWW-Np3zEFQ

Video-game back cover:

w12tvo2Y_biRdv9wWm7p8Sia5Qilu0NRshyqAEoehtclXHVnGyoaJkaIsOJE5OjXqZKInrFUL34v_cuxy_II8yUd4eB-izYFrs8cDjuLwq3O5TYlrE7No69SCES7fmzhg4xuels

Name of game: Dare

Platform: Playstation 3 ,playstation 4,

Genre: Rpg ,sci fi, action ,adventure, 1st and 3rd person shooter .

Summary: You play as Delsin Delmona ,a Daredevil as you run from the government as they chase you thru the city and around the world for your

Pandorite staff .The only question is do you accept the dare?

Plot: In a futuristic New York a new element is discovered from a meteorite. The element is named Pandorite with unique properties when an electric current is passed thru it. Delusion is the only one who possesses it and has made it into a rod which he named Lucifer's staff After his stage name Lucifer .But the government wants it due to its abilities to transform into veteli anything a gun ,grappling hook even a motorcycle because of its ability to expand and contrast its density . Control Delson as you travel in vehicles such as cars ,planes, motorcycles and hover cars !

Controls: R3 (right control stick) look around ,press R3 switch from 1st person and 3rd person. L3 (left control stick) move around , press L3 to sprint ,press X to jump , press O to interact with the environment ,Press square for a melee attack ,press triangle to crouch or go on your stomach .or press when near a wall to go behind cover .Press R1 to shoot , Press R2 to reload weapon hold R2 to use change from gun to grappling hook. Press L1 to aim weapon, press L2 to throw grenade ,Press select to customize different equipment and weapon transformations and the buttons they are going to belong,Press start to activate in game menu . Use direction button to switch from different customization weapons and equipment layouts.

Features: Super realistic surroundings powered by frostbite 4 engine from the people that gave us battlefield 4 and battlefield hardline !

Extras/Details: Online multiplayer can be up to 100 people ! 50 play as government agents and the other 50 play as delsin and his team! Realistic 3d graphics.

Will later be adapted to pc\mac xbox 360 xbox one new 3ds and wii u!

What inspired you: I came up with this when I was lying in my bed on sundae may 31st 2015

Last edited:
Reactions: 2179
One more day left to turn in entries. :3

Reactions: 2179
One more day left to turn in entries. :3
Working on it! My laptop appears to be dying. It certainly doesn't like photoshop and the other heavy duty programs. :confused:

Working on it! My laptop appears to be dying. It certainly doesn't like photoshop and the other heavy duty programs. :confused:

I'll accept it late >.< No worries.

aaahh i hope I can finish my entry early tomorrow >< if not never mind :3

I'll accept it late >.< No worries.
Thank you! (Photoshop just crashed >.<)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back