Did your Nintendo DS hinge break?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
This happened to my originally Nintendo DS and my DS Lite. It started with a small crack as seen in the screenshot below. After a while, you couldn't tell the difference between a rainbow and the contents of the screen. I guess you know what happened next, ;)

ds-lite-crack.jpg

I can't see this happening with the 3DS design. I think Nintendo learned from its mistakes, finally! But if that's not enough, take a look at the Nintendo 2DS, :eek:

Anyway, did this ever happen to your DS or DS Lite?

Reactions: Alex.Dips
Never. I think my DS is very sturdy. I think the 3DS's hinges are actually weaker than the DS's.

No, I had my DS lite for about 6 years and the hinges never broke (surprisingly), also I had my DSI XL for a while also and the hinges never cracked, my DSI hinge seems very sturdy and strong but my DS Lite hinge looks like its gonna crack soon.

Never. I think my DS is very sturdy. I think the 3DS's hinges are actually weaker than the DS's.

I think the same. I want the 3DS XL just for that. (and the bigger screen) (and the longer battery)

It happened to my DS Lite on one side. I don't even know how it happened but it doesn't matter since I have a 3DS and a DSi as well.

yes. i have a nintendo ds lite (bought the 2ds on release day YAY) and the hinges broke i think 1 year after i got it...got me sad but now because of this i got some sort of illness where i will be extremely protective of my 2ds up to the point i clean it more than play it.

My poor DS lite's hinge cracked badly. I had it with me while outside getting ice cream and I got bumped and it fell onto pavement.

My poor DS lite's hinge cracked badly. I had it with me while outside getting ice cream and I got bumped and it fell onto pavement.
Oh, that's the last thing I would ever want my DS/3DS to fall on the hard stone pavement :eek:

Oh, that's the last thing I would ever want my DS/3DS to fall on the hard stone pavement :eek:

Well luckily the screen didn't crack. It still works.

Reactions: Reece
My DS hinge broke , some parts of the hinge just fall out and it became lose so when i just hold one part of my DS the screen keeps opening by itself.

I had 2 DS Lites (one from my brother) and of course my DS broke :(. But I can still play on the other one :p

Mine died. It snapped in half. I luckily the wiring didnt break, so I was able to put it together again.

Nope, never. My 3DS hinge is kind of loose though, but its nothing to worry about.

I've had several DS's, and they've all had their hinge broken at one point or another.

Hinge Broken with my DS Lite, revealing main components.
|--> Note that she now displays white lines when not held carefully on the upper screen.
|-----> And the L Button, is dead. I think that my R button will die soon. (Thanks, games who need to press like an idiot the L&R Buttons !)

--> But I'll be careful with my 3DS. I highly doubt that the hinges are weak. When I open it, it looks a bit hard to open, so, I think it's really resistant.

I never got a Nintendo DS....and after seeing what happened with a bunch of hinge break issues happening to people I'm kinda happy I didn't :D

And now, the DS is off the market, as you can play DS games on a 3DS System.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
And now, the DS is off the market, as you can play DS games on a 3DS System.
yup and it was bound to happen eventually like all other consoles....although tbh I bet there are some who wish Nintendo would still produce some of the old game systems

I have read somewhere that somebody is "re-making" the SNES and selling it with 20 of its best games.

I have read somewhere that somebody is "re-making" the SNES and selling it with 20 of its best games.
huh interesting. And copyright and patent laws and all that don't have an issue with this? Also, is it going to be the same thing or with updated modern-day stuff?

Back