Did your Nintendo DS hinge break?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
For the copyright and laws, I don't know, but I know that it looked like the original SNES, but the red buttons on it were purple. And the machine is shipped with 2 controllers. I'll try finding the article again, then I'll PM it to you, because, we are going off-topic !

For the copyright and laws, I don't know, but I know that it looked like the original SNES, but the red buttons on it were purple. And the machine is shipped with 2 controllers. I'll try finding the article again, then I'll PM it to you, because, we are going off-topic !
Good point. In any case, you could make a separate thread about it in this same section ("Old School Nintendo Gaming"). I bet I'm not the only one who'd be interested in it.

Good point. In any case, you could make a separate thread about it in this same section ("Old School Nintendo Gaming"). I bet I'm not the only one who'd be interested in it.
Yes, I'll do it when I'll find back this article !

My DS hinge broke off a while ago, but it was on the right side. I recently dropped it by accident, and the inside part came out, allowing my screen to be pushed forward.

My hinge didn't break but it got really loose that it wouldn't keep the screen where I wanted. At least it didn't affect my screen's colors or anything.

Never. I think my DS is very sturdy. I think the 3DS's hinges are actually weaker than the DS's.
I disagree, I actually think the 3DS Hinges are stronger...

My DS Lite hinge broke, It's kind of annoying but still I don't have to use it anymore since I got a 3ds!

I disagree, I actually think the 3DS Hinges are stronger...

My DS Lite hinge broke, It's kind of annoying but still I don't have to use it anymore since I got a 3ds!

Really ? You don't even transfer data from some DS games like Pokemon (Transfer to X/Y) to their 3DS Versions ?

Really ? You don't even transfer data from some DS games like Pokemon (Transfer to X/Y) to their 3DS Versions ?

Nah I like playing them in their original regions... I don't see why I need my pokemon in a newer version when I can just put the DS game card in and play with them instead.

Hmm... Beating the game even more easily ? Or completing the pokedex ? And if you want to earn PC (forum), trading ?

Yeah, the reasons D4rkDragon listed are only a few. There's more reasons to add to those like transferring over pokemon to make the ultimate team for a given generation

Yeah, the reasons D4rkDragon listed are only a few. There's more reasons to add to those like transferring over pokemon to make the ultimate team for a given generation

I found another one ! Beating every Nintendo fan on Internet, and become, like Ash Ketchum, the "Best Trainer in the world !"

I found another one ! Beating every Nintendo fan on Internet, and become, like Ash Ketchum, the "Best Trainer in the world !"
yeah no. Ash is if anything the WORST Trainer in the world :p I mean, think about it, he barely ever is able to evolve his pokemon and he's never won a pokemon league tournament

Reactions: D4rkDragon
yeah no. Ash is if anything the WORST Trainer in the world :p I mean, think about it, he barely ever is able to evolve his pokemon and he's never won a pokemon league tournament

Great comment, naagza ! I never noticed it, because, each time, his pokemons evolves by a "miracle".

I had 2 DS Lites, and the hinges on those didn't break or crack. My sister had her DS Lite hinge crack, but it didn't break or cause problems. My grandma's DS Lite hinge didn't break, but it got worn out and wouldn't lock into a position anymore.

As for the 3ds. I haven't had any problems with my regular one or my XL. If one of the hinges were to break on those, I'd say it's more likely for the XL ones to break.

No, I actually think the 3DS' hinge is pretty weak. Mine was getting pretty loose before I got an XL.

Nope, take care of my stuff.

Nope, take care of my stuff.

It can happen even if you take care of your stuff... Like, you're playing, and then, the console slides off your hands, and *CRACK* Hinge broken. I think this situation happened to many people. Including me with my DS Lite.

It can happen even if you take care of your stuff... Like, you're playing, and then, the console slides off your hands, and *CRACK* Hinge broken. I think this situation happened to many people. Including me with my DS Lite.
Even if you never drop it and are super careful, it can still crack, just from opening and closing the ds.

Even if you never drop it and are super careful, it can still crack, just from opening and closing the ds.
Yes. That's true. Even if you care to death of your console, she'll start getting scratches. (Even microscopic.)

My DS's always break wheni get a new handheld. Usually by falling off my bed when I'm alseep.

Back