Do you play Demos?

• Thread starter Kaynil
  • Start date
I personally like playing demos so I can see if game is really worth of my money and time
It's not nice to spend a lot of time and money for a game that you end up hating
Also if you decide not to buy a game bc you think it looks like it's not for you but after playing demo it actually seems pretty amazing (I had this situation with Fire Emblem Awakening)

I used to play them but demos got a little boring since Nintendo doesn't have a lot but, on of the best demos I have played recently was Stella glow and I recommend this to any fire Emblem fan and gamers that love intriguing lore. Ever since I finished the demo I'm interested in buying the full game. Though the bad news is that the game is $5o. But, I bet the reason why it costs the same amount of an average Wii u game because it's actually meets higher than standards and blows IGN and other companies and gamers away like me.
I do sometimes

well, considering when I first got my 3DS I ate a lot of memory just by downloading every single demo I found I guess you can imagine my stance with it.

I find it a pretty good way to get some impressions on a game. I really think it is a great tool and a way to have fresh content and a bit more variety to pass the time while you buy your next big game.

I have changed my mind about a few of them and I had fun playing most of them. I have yet to finish any demo, I usually end up uninstalling them after a while. I have never tried installing again a demo so I am not sure how would that go: maybe it will retake from the tries I had left or simply it won't let me download or open. No clue. Most Demos have between 7 and 30 tries. Etrian Odyssey IV is the shortests I've downloaded with only 3.

So how about you, do you download and use demos often?
well i personaly play demos to be sure that i get the game i want, like"mario and luigi dream team".

ya, i like to play demos, but i dont keep them. they take up too much memory

Last edited by a moderator:
I play them SOMETIMES they help me figure out what games I want for my birthday

I used to download and play the demo so much, because I can see the glimpse of some games to make sure if I wanted it or not, it's one of the reason I want to get some games like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity, and Puzzle and Dragons. However, soon I find out that most of the demo can only give a limited number of tries, that I slowly decided to not downloading most of the demo at all.

However, I still keep some demos that I know have no time limit, like Monster Hunter 3, Pokemon ORAS special demo and the Puzzle and Dragons mentioned earlier.

a download them even though you don't get all the stuff you get in the full version but hay you playing expensive games for free that's the point of doing it demos actually wer meant for that on purpose and that explanes the limit of times you can play it but then when you can only use it 1 more time just save data backup then re-download it that's how ti works

Well yeah, they are free ^^, and if I'm gonna have to choose between a couple of games, having a demo to check out which one I like the most is neat

good job man

Last time I played a demo was in 2014 lol, so not very often. I usually go on an impulse and buy a game to see if I'll like it or not.

Back