Do you play Demos?

• Thread starter Kaynil
  • Start date
Eh, not really. Only demo I was excited to play was Bravely Default, and Smash Bros. Really dont care about Demos because I already know what games I'm going to get, and how the game is going to be.

I buy my 3ds one week ago and i play super mario 3d land and the super smash bros demo.
For me the demos are goods i love super smash demo it show you the way that you can battle and th new characters.
I like demos and respect my opinion please.

As I've only recently branched out from only ever playing Pokemon or Megaman Battle Network games and not knowing much about the lesser IP's, I've been getting demos of several games to see whether or not they're worth buying. So far it's been a good choice cause there were a few games that seemed good on paper but were either "eh" or not my cup of tea.

I feel the same way at times

I mainly just play the demos, and if I really enjoy the game, I'll buy the full version. However, the only games I ever bought after playing their demos are Smash Bros. and Harmoknight

I download them but never have time to give them a shot.. other than the pokemon OR, i found time for.. I like that playing the demo unlocks things in the main game :)

I never play demos id rather watch the trailer and see some gameplay then play a boring dum stupid annoying horrible demo!!!!:wtf:

I download them but never have time to give them a shot.. other than the pokemon OR, i found time for.. I like that playing the demo unlocks things in the main game :)

I agree,
BTW, the ORAS demo includes two secret missions it seems .-.

I never play demos id rather watch the trailer and see some gameplay then play a boring dum stupid annoying horrible demo!!!!:wtf:
Thats like saying you dont like the original games :cat:

I play some of the demos. The ones I have played recently are the special Super Smash Bros. 3DS demo and the special Pokemon ORAS demo. Both were pretty impressive. Other than demos such as these, I don't really see any that are that interesting.

Thats like saying you dont like the original games :cat:
Yeah you are right I like classic games but I feel limited in demos :)

Yes, I have much more demo than the full game. I download every demo game that are quite popular.
Bravely Default is the best one so far, with a long story for demo. Really love it.
Unfortunately, most demos are very short and I don't even get the game yet after I finish the demo.

When I get the full game, for instance Smash 4, I delete the demo. But, some demos like Bravely Default and Fire Emblem Awakening, I can pick up and play most any time, so that's what I do. What I do, is I set a little rule, like Only 5 demos at a time, so when I get a demo, I have to delete something else.

I like demos that keep your progression in the full game or rewards you. Otherwise, I often download them, then forget that I have them =/

Reactions: kai951321
Yes I do. It helps me on deciding on if a game is good or not. For example, I played the demo of Sonic Boom and didn't like it so I decided that I would not be purchasing the full game.

I usually try out demos for games I'm interested in. I don't really get that much information from a trailer; sometimes a trailer lies and what you see isn't necessarilly what you get, which is unfortunate.
Besides, with a demo, you can actually experience the game for yourself, no matter how small it is. That way if you're interested, you'll know how it feels like and you'll know whether or not it's a good choice.

well, considering when I first got my 3DS I ate a lot of memory just by downloading every single demo I found I guess you can imagine my stance with it.

I find it a pretty good way to get some impressions on a game. I really think it is a great tool and a way to have fresh content and a bit more variety to pass the time while you buy your next big game.

I have changed my mind about a few of them and I had fun playing most of them. I have yet to finish any demo, I usually end up uninstalling them after a while. I have never tried installing again a demo so I am not sure how would that go: maybe it will retake from the tries I had left or simply it won't let me download or open. No clue. Most Demos have between 7 and 30 tries. Etrian Odyssey IV is the shortests I've downloaded with only 3.

So how about you, do you download and use demos often?
I did...Alot. But it gets boring after you played it like everyday...

Yeah i play demo all the times but the full version are better cause when you get to the cool part in the demo it turn out to be no fun.

It's pretty nice to have something to play when you got nothing to play (like me). I just got my 2DS and the rest I spend on Persona Q so now, instead of letting it collect dust, I try to play anything interesting I find in the demo section. So far I played the Adventure Time HIK!WYSOG?, Phoenix Wright DD and MGS Snake Eater. Not much content in any of these, although you can apparently play Adventure Time until you die, so not sure what the limit on that one is.
Also, do demos come and go for games, or are they always available? Any recommendations?

changed my mind a bit about some demos like i enjoy ssb4 i wish i had it SO badly sonic boom seems pretty cool but i wants RISE OF LYRIC sonic boom i guess demos are sort of good but they are not exactly my favorite.:)

Back