Do you prefer to buy full games retail/physical or digital?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Do you prefer digital or retail full releases?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I like retail/physical! I love having the box and manual directly in front of me. I do enjoy the Eshoo though because it is a cheaper way of buying the games you want. Plus if its digital you can't lose them, or scratch them up they're permanently there.

If i own a digital game i will literally buy a physical copy because my OCD is that bad, I only really care for the cart/disc and the box, but not the manual. If it comes with a manual, Great! But if not I'm not really upset. I don't get case for GBA, GBC, or GB games though, anything else has to come with case.

To be honest I like retail/physical! I love having the box and manual directly in front of me. I do enjoy the Eshoo though because it is a cheaper way of buying the games you want. Plus if its digital you can't lose them, or scratch them up they're permanently there.
What's Eshoo? Eshop?

Although they're kind of more expensive, I prefer physical games because of the "collection value" or whatever you'd call it. Digital games are great though, my SD card was corrupted some time ago and I was able to get my games back from the eShop.

Although they're kind of more expensive, I prefer physical games because of the "collection value" or whatever you'd call it. Digital games are great though, my SD card was corrupted some time ago and I was able to get my games back from the eShop.
Actully, depending on what game and where you buy it, games such as fire emblem awakening, kid icarus uprising, mario kart 8, are all cheaper in physical through ebay and sometimes amazon. I've seen physical games be as much as $20 cheaper than the eshop games. If you don't mind getting used, than physical is the way to go, and even if you do pay more at least you have resale value, unlike digital which have zero (assuming it's not a code).

Actully, depending on what game and where you buy it, games such as fire emblem awakening, kid icarus uprising, mario kart 8, are all cheaper in physical through ebay and sometimes amazon. I've seen physical games be as much as $20 cheaper than the eshop games. If you don't mind getting used, than physical is the way to go, and even if you do pay more at least you have resale value, unlike digital which have zero (assuming it's not a code).
Well, I guess it would be cheaper if I lived in USA... Where I live, used games are about $35... Sometimes they sell used games at $40... It's pretty unfair but we can't do much, physical new games also get more expensive (they're about $50).

Well, I guess it would be cheaper if I lived in USA... Where I live, used games are about $35... Sometimes they sell used games at $40... It's pretty unfair but we can't do much, physical new games also get more expensive (they're about $50).
Oh, just relized you live in El Salvador, cool! But i hate how gamestop (game store)can buy games for $1 than sell same game for $37.

Oh, just relized you live in El Salvador, cool! But i hate how gamestop (game store)can buy games for $1 than sell same game for $37.
Yes I live in El Salvador xD I'm almost sure that you've heard little about it lol. There are some retailers here like GameStop that do the same. I don't know how people rather sell and buy used games on those places :|

I would like to start buying games digitally to download/delete them any time I want, but I'm stuck buying retail for now.

I actually like both,with digital there's no tax,but depending on the game it takes up a lot of sd card space, whereas physical ones don't take up a lot of sd card space except for updates and extra data

I actually like both,with digital there's no tax,but depending on the game it takes up a lot of sd card space, whereas physical ones don't take up a lot of sd card space except for updates and extra data
All right. I trained my whole life for this, this is for you Iwata! OBJECTION! *slams desk* digital games not only have tax like retail, but they also may come with a "double tax". If you are the type of person who just types in a credit card to get a game and doesn't get the account cash then no problem, but if you buy a card in physical you get tax from the store, meanwhile if you buy cash digitally you get taxed twice, that 3% tax is now 6% tax, making digital almost always more expensive. However, if you live in Vermont, Oregon, new Hampshire, Alaska, Delaware, Montana and \ or propubly more than you have no sales tax

Noted

I prefer phisical copys because of the box-art, the little space that it will take on my SD card wich is a small one atm
2GB what the...? iirc
and colecting them it's a nice add to shelf on the room where I allign them.
As to digital... Well I would buy it digitally because of the price thing. But mostly I prefer it physical.
Now if it is a game that it's only digital on e-Shop of course I would buy it if I liked it.

I think your megaman zero vid is cool,especially after the reploids drop like flies.

I don't have access to Eshop cards but I would really like to have digital games. They are convenient, you have em on your side wherever you go and if you misplace you 3ds and buy a new one, you could just add your old NNID and download the games you had on your 3ds digitally.

Or when I do get an eshop card(which is never :p), even then I buy the cheapest source :rotfl:

Though I really like the Videogame boxes, although I don't put em on decoration, too risky >.<

Love to just stare at em though :love:

I don't have access to Eshop cards but I would really like to have digital games. They are convenient, you have em on your side wherever you go and if you misplace you 3ds and buy a new one, you could just add your old NNID and download the games you had on your 3ds digitally.

Or when I do get an eshop card(which is never :p), even then I buy the cheapest source :rotfl:

Though I really like the Videogame boxes, although I don't put em on decoration, too risky >.<

Love to just stare at em though :love:
If you misplace your 3ds, you're screwed. You cant just "log in" on another 3ds. You have to delete the nnid from one 3ds to sign in on another. That's the benefit of having them physically. Also, if you want to sell the games you don't play, how are you going to do that on digital games? I don't know, I just prefer having the physical games.

Reactions: 3391
If you misplace your 3ds, you're screwed. You cant just "log in" on another 3ds. You have to delete the nnid from one 3ds to sign in on another. That's the benefit of having them physically. Also, if you want to sell the games you don't play, how are you going to do that on digital games? I don't know, I just prefer having the physical games.
This actually happened to someone I knew .-.

Apparently he contacted Nintendo Customer Care and they handled it from there. No sure if same nnid or stuff but I do remember him getting all his e-titles back.

Reactions: sonicandres1
I can get retail games if I have the access to them. But if I can't, then Digital is there for me.

I personally think digital is better. I have almost all my games downloaded on my 3DS & Wii U. I think it makes it much simpler to play games.

Also on digital games I don't have to pay tax which is awesome!!! :D

But it has it's downsides. Depending on the games you download you can waste all the memory on your system. Gladly you can use other SD cards.

Also like other people have said if your system stops working you can't get your games back.

All that money would just go down the drain.

I prefer retail/physical because then if your 3ds breaks you can always sell your game card so thats the thing I like but if you get it digital you can t replace it you lose all of your money. But if your REALLY carefull of you 3ds you probably should get the digital versoin because well your careful. Also if you get it retail you also have a nice game case to put your game in. And it also looks cool with the game case. If you like the digital version i understand why but i like retail the best:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back