Do you prefer to buy full games retail/physical or digital?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Do you prefer digital or retail full releases?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the circumstance. I'm going to have to travel to a game store to buy either the game in physical form or a card to redeem so I can buy the game digitally. But I prefer to buy game physical. Not because of any reason but just because that's how I got my games throughout my life. If it's a game I can only get digitally. like any indie game, then that's the only way I'm getting a digital game. Plus, you could always get a used physical game for less. I hardly see sales on the eShop.

Reactions: The Amazing Rayman
I love the retail copies. If youre a guy/girl getting digital, that sucks because you cant lend your game to another person or use powersaves :/

digital can't be lost and be can not take from you as you have you account in you head and sd card are are cheaper to buy and on ebay so you never run out of room those.you never fear about that with digital copy and you have it for life.

I buy my games, movies, series, music and books digital, except for Nintendo games, I love so much Nintendo that I like to decorate my room of it, the better choice would be to have a download code on the cover for collectors like me that they like to have his games on his shelves, but I travel a lot and I can't carry my games and if I do they can get lost, if they are on my console is hard to get lost and I don't need to carry all of them because is uncomfortable and for the people that they think that one day they can lost his digital games when they close with the service or delete the game from the eshop its not true, I downloaded Meme Run on my Wii U, my console get that lethal error code that makes your console an useless brick, I call to Nintendo to tell if they can fix it, they say yes just I needed to send it to Nintendo offices, I send it and when they bring it back they told me that I needed to redownload all my digital data (all my data was saved, my games didn't erased, I just needed to redownload my didgital games to be able to used again), all my games was on my eshop history and Meme Run was there, I downloaded again and in that time Meme Run was deleted from the eshop.

I love the retail copies. If youre a guy/girl getting digital, that sucks because you cant lend your game to another person or use powersaves :/
It doesn't sucks, I still buying physical games only on Nintendo consoles but in other systems I get it digital, I never lend my games because I don't like it, I don't feel comfortable thinking about how he care about my game or I want my game back because I want to play it, powersaves is cheating, is not worthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
for the people that they think that one day they can lost his digital games when they close with the service or delete the game from the eshop its not true, I downloaded Meme Run on my Wii U, my console get that lethal error code that makes your console an useless brick, I call to Nintendo to tell if they can fix it, they say yes just I needed to send it to Nintendo offices, I send it and when they bring it back they told me that I needed to redownload all my digital data (all my data was saved, my games didn't erased, I just needed to redownload my didgital games to be able to used again), all my games was on my eshop history and Meme Run was there, I downloaded again and in that time Meme Run was deleted from the eshop.
Well ok, maybe you still can download deleted games from the eshop. But what about the moment when they'll close the whole eshop ? Like when the successor of the NX will be out and Nintendo won't care anymore about the Wii U ? Then you won't be able to download anything.

But what about the moment when they'll close the whole eshop ? Like when the successor of the NX will be out and Nintendo won't care anymore about the Wii U ? Then you won't be able to download anything.
Maybe, Wii Shop Channel still alive, you can download Wii Ware and VC Wii games on Wii and Wii U via Wii Menu, but if Nintendo make backwards compatibility that would not happen, but if the eshop close up that's the problem, that can be fix it saving your games on the console storage or on an external storage, probably Nintendo would not that.

I like to get my game as full because if u get demo you can't get a lot of things, you have a certain time you can play so you have to stay on for a while. So I like full because you can actually experience the whole game and you won't have to be rushed. I really don't care if you either buy it person or in your console, but if I had to chose one it would be in my console because I wouldn't have to wait to play. I wouldn't have to worry if it had any scratches or anything.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
Retail.... Its nice to have physical copies not only because they can be sell-able, but they can also look nice on a shelf and you get a really cool case that goes along with it. Digital is ok too, I have quite a few digital games on my 3ds, its nice that you do not have to switch disks and it can be easily accessible. But still, I prefer physical copies over digital ones

I like digital because it's fast and easy. Also price drops are awesome and can make buying your favorite game easier. Plus when you travel around it is convenient to have the game right on your system.

My situation doesn't allow me to buy retail cartridge, so i go with digital everytime i buy a game. The only retail one i have now is pokemon y

I prefer physical. I like having giant collections, kinda like those you see in gaming YouTube videos, with the shelves in the background filled with games. Also, it's because stupid digital only games ruined it for me. I'd buy a digital game after it's been out for a year or two, assuming the dev will not make a physical version by this point. Then rage as they reveal a physical version 2 months later (shovel knight, minecraft 360, I'm looking at YOU!!).

If it's on 3DS I prefer digital but on any home consoles it just makes more sense to me to buy physical copies. I find it weird to have a full console game downloaded instead of changing the disk when you want to play a different game.

I prefer Retail because the box but digital is a good idea in my country because the majority of games dont get to stores at launch dates and stuff. But for me the box is worth waiting maximun 2 weeks to play the game and it also adds the box to my game room i have at home!

Reactions: 18 and SoProHunter
I'm with retail. Not only is retail cheaper here in America, it's also nice to stare at the cartridge art x3
Honestly, I'm not gonna download a game off of the eShop unless it's a demo or you can only get in on the Nintendo eShop. Speaking of games only on the eShop, you guys should get Fairune on the 3DS instead of on the iOS or Android. Them bonus dungeons though. ;)

Retail:
Pro- They cost less depending pre-owned or new
Con-They get lost
DIGITAL:
Pro- You have it in one place
Con- Glitches are most likely to occur & They always have the same unless the eshop puts a discount on it

I prefer retail, but mostly because I like to download games that are eshop only. Those are the only ones I download. I don't like the fact that I lose retail copys of games all the times though. That's pretty annoying. But I prefer retail because of these reasons, and downloads are glitchy.

For those having glitches occurring often with downloaded software, if you go to the bottom of the eshop page of the title you downloaded there's a repair download button that can fix download glitches which only happen if there's a small error when the title is downloading.

Physical. I love looking at the box art.

I would go physical because it doesn't take up as much space but if I had 2 sd cards that had a lot of space on them,Mai would go digital because it is impossible to lose a digital copy.

I would have to say physical because thats how i've grown up plus one time i bought a game from the eshop and my ds broke i linked my account then THAT broke then i wasted 40$ on that digital game so i would have to say physical not one of my physical games have broken yet and i'm very proud i still have my very first ds game New Super Mario Bros and it's still in good condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back