Do you think AC:NL should have Voice Chat?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
or maybe the game couldn't handle anything else added to it so even if they wanted to add a voice chat maybe the capability of the 3ds microphone was just too low quality to be able to keep a conversation with someone over wifi especially due to the fact that errors occur within the game while wifi-ing with others very frequently for many people..

wifi-ing?!?!? Seriously? also I think it could be able to handle a voice chat...

I don't really add people to my best friend list unless they are actually my friend so I think that best friend voice chat seems like a really good idea, I don't think Nintendo will add it in now though, some people are saying they are working on a new Animal Crossing.

If Pokémon X and Y and Heros of Ruin could handle voice chat, Animal Crossing: New Leaf easily could have.

Nintendo is just looking out for the majority of children that play the game. That's why they didn't add it.

If Pokémon X and Y and Heros of Ruin could handle voice chat, Animal Crossing: New Leaf easily could have.

Nintendo is just looking out for the majority of children that play the game. That's why they didn't add it.
... and children don't play pokemon ._. I think more children play pokemon than acnl.

Reactions: Kaynil
I'm sure they discussed the idea of adding voice chat. Maybe they thought back to Wild World and the chatting via the in-game keyboard. Since they are both handheld games, they might have wanted to continue that.

I'm indifferent about them adding voice chat. A lot of people would be scared to use it anyways.

... and children don't play pokemon ._. I think more children play pokemon than acnl.

I honestly wouldn't be so sure of that >.> Pokémon X and Y were basically made to bring the fans of the original games back into the series. Fans that are in their 20's now.

I honestly wouldn't be so sure of that >.> Pokémon X and Y were basically made to bring the fans of the original games back into the series. Fans that are in their 20's now.
Yeah, but this acnl site I was at was filled with a lot more adults. Even my grandma plays acnl. Plus, a lot of kids don't like animal crossing when they are young and don't understand it. At least with pokemon they can collect pokemon and stuff, and don't necessarily need to understand it all that much. Plus pokemon is kinda like that Skylanders game, and younger kids are all over that stuff.

The 2DS was released the same day as Pokemon X/Y that by itself talks volume about the target audience of the newer games. I am not saying it isn't targeting the old schoolers and trying to lure us back, but Nintendo by any means hinted kids weren't in their plans.

Animal Crossing also has fans from back the Gamecube and N64 days (for the Japanese, their local) so I think they know people of different ages play them. I agree that having voice chat for 'Best Friends' would been pretty cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief
Voice chat would be good, because so far as I'm aware the only way you can 'voice chat' to a certain extent in Animal Crossing: New Leaf would require a headset, and a Skype account for you and the person that you're talking to. And not many people I know have a Skype account, partly because me (and my friends included) aren't old enough to go on Skype; I'm only 12 years old.

Yeah, but this acnl site I was at was filled with a lot more adults. Even my grandma plays acnl. Plus, a lot of kids don't like animal crossing when they are young and don't understand it. At least with pokemon they can collect pokemon and stuff, and don't necessarily need to understand it all that much. Plus pokemon is kinda like that Skylanders game, and younger kids are all over that stuff.
My cousin introduced me to the Animal Crossing series when I was little by letting me play AC:WW. I've loved the series ever since.

Voice chat would be good, because so far as I'm aware the only way you can 'voice chat' to a certain extent in Animal Crossing: New Leaf would require a headset, and a Skype account for you and the person that you're talking to. And not many people I know have a Skype account, partly because me (and my friends included) aren't old enough to go on Skype; I'm only 12 years old.

My cousin introduced me to the Animal Crossing series when I was little by letting me play AC:WW. I've loved the series ever since.

I had more fun with Animal Crossing: Wild World. I have become bored with this newer version. :)

You're right, people can just use Skype if they really desire to voice chat. (Or even Pokemon X/Y)

I had more fun with Animal Crossing: Wild World. I have become bored with this newer version. :)

I'm sorry, but Animal Crossing: Wild world was a bit on the crappy side imo. New Leaf is 10x better. Much more things to do in New Leaf than in Wild World.

I'm sorry, but Animal Crossing: Wild world was a bit on the crappy side imo. New Leaf is 10x better. Much more things to do in New Leaf than in Wild World.

There is much more to do with New Leaf, but I had more fun with Wild World. When I played Wild World, the whole experience was new to me. That brought excitement. When I bought New Leaf, I already knew some of what to expect.

Don't get me wrong, New Leaf is pretty good but I guess I had more fire with Wild World.

There is much more to do with New Leaf, but I had more fun with Wild World. When I played Wild World, the whole experience was new to me. That brought excitement. When I bought New Leaf, I already knew some of what to expect.

Don't get me wrong, New Leaf is pretty good but I guess I had more fire with Wild World.

Well you should have said that in the first place lol. 1st time experiences with a video game series are always the best, no matter if the game stinks. Yeah, it's kind of the same for me with City Folk, I think it's better (As in more value) than New Leaf simply because it was the first of the AC series I played. It's probably the reason why I don't like Wild World all that much haha.

Well you should have said that in the first place lol. 1st time experiences with a video game series are always the best, no matter if the game stinks. Yeah, it's kind of the same for me with City Folk, I think it's better (As in more value) than New Leaf simply because it was the first of the AC series I played. It's probably the reason why I don't like Wild World all that much haha.

Could have. Should have. But I didn't. LOL :p

But then again, we are talking about our opinions. The title of the thread is "do you think...?".

I just felt that Wild World was more fun. My playing time on Wild World outlasted my playing time in New Leaf. I know that Wild World has been out for a longer period of time, but I barely play New Leaf anymore. :)

It could have been the new experience that kept me playing Wild World or the seeding drama that took place. It could have been my time on an Animal Crossing forum that kept it fresh. It could be a lot of things. My experiences led me to feel this way.

When I first purchased New Leaf, I saw gates opened all the time and my friends list full of people playing New Leaf. That number has decreased dramatically, so I guess it isn't just me who feels the game has lost it's magic. They've probably moved on to other games just like I and I'm not saying no one plays New Leaf anymore. :)

Reactions: 423

But then again, we are talking about our opinions. The title of the thread is "do you think...?".

I just felt that Wild World was more fun. My playing time on Wild World outlasted my playing time in New Leaf. I know that Wild World has been out for a longer period of time, but I barely play New Leaf anymore. :)

It could have been the new experience that kept me playing Wild World or the seeding drama that took place. It could have been my time on an Animal Crossing forum that kept it fresh. It could be a lot of things. My experiences led me to feel this way.

When I first purchased New Leaf, I saw gates opened all the time and my friends list full of people playing New Leaf. That number has decreased dramatically, so I guess it isn't just me who feels the game has lost it's magic. They've probably moved on to other games just like I and I'm not saying no one plays New Leaf anymore. :)

Yeah, true. I guess for people who have had New Leaf for over a couple of months or so have kind of drifted off from the game. The game can get repetitive after a while. Animal Crossing is one of those games where you have to be dedicated to each and every day to keep your town intact and other stuff. But the thing the makers of the Animal Crossing series probably don't realize is that we have a life lol, and can't keep up with 1 HUGE game every day. Maybe the Nintendo YouTube gamers like chuggaaconroy or WiiFolderJosh can keep up with it (Because they don't have regular lives lol), but not us. xD

Reactions: Chief

I get what you mean. To me, Wild World was more fun. I guess it was because it was the first Animal Crossing game I ever played.

Last edited:

well it depends on who you are friends with. also i think that there should be a wake up thing for on the tortimer island because lots of times there are people there just standing for hours. and mabe you could push a button and it would yell WAKE UP. or not lol

Um, no. Not Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I think the next game in the series would definitely have voice-chat though, I'm not a fan of talking over the internet, the 3DS distorts my voice and makes me sound weird, not a big thing for me to be honest, but it would be nice to see the next game in the Animal Crossing series to have this feature.

I think that adding the voice chat feature would be excellent. Along with it, in the options of the 3ds or in the game itself, there should be a voice modifier (like on Ps3), for people who are more insecure or for comedic purposes. It would make conversations so much easier and efficient. :D

I think City Folk had a voice chat add on, didn't it? I mean, you had to buy it seperately, but it's still a voice chat.

Anyways, I'd be fine if New Leaf had voice chat (it could allow me to communicate with my online friend better), but only if there was an option to turn it off/disable it. That way I could turn it on when chatting with friends, but when I go to the island online with a bunch of random people, I could turn it off since I don't know them.

Plus I talk to myself a lot, so if someone heard me talking to myself on voice chat it'd be REALLY weird. Another reason why an option to turn it off is a good idea.

Reactions: Kaidan
I would love voice chat on ACNL! I use the game a lot to chat with friends, but typing on the small screen is hard! So voice chat with friends would be a super idea. But not on the Tropical Island, with strangers! :stop:

Back