Do You Want The "New" Nintendo 3DS/XL?

• Thread starter Risinglink
  • Start date
Risinglink

Risinglink

Can't Wait For Persona Q!!
Towns Folk
As the new 3ds was announced today for Japan, are you interested in getting it when it comes out in North America or Europe in 2015? What feature are you most excited about too? The new circle pad and exclusive games make me really excited for it, especially Xenoblade Chronicles 3D? Let me know! :thumbsup:

I say yes for all the new stuff on it and no for the fact I have to buy another 3DS handheld to still play 3DS games.

Yes me want. As for if I'd use it then it would be yes if it could play regular 3DS games faster like Pokemon X/Y. Otherwise though I'm afraid I'd have no use for it... Wrong, I'd use it for better online play and all but I can still play with my regular 3DS just fine so I want it but I don't need it.

I want it, but its a ripoff for everyone with a 3ds or xl that it has exclusives. Its a half baked "semi next gen" system that wants to take my money. No thanks, nintendo. Now if I get enough money....I'd still use it to get a Wii u first

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer, Malladus, Mikaya and 1 other person
Yes, I want it!

I think Nintendo made a bad decision. It took me quite a while to save enough money to buy a 3DS, and now they're making an updated version with exclusive games? Unless you can trade your 3DS in for a "New" 3DS (which I highly doubt) I don't think I'll get it anytime soon. I don't mind things like 3DS XL, but N3DS is just a rip-off imo. I hope they'll adjust the games so they can be played on both systems :)

Reactions: Mikaya and 18
Of course I want it in a way, because it's an improvement over the original 3DS, but I won't upgrade because I'm happy with the original 3DS. So I guess I don't want it. If I didn't have a 3DS already I'd have picked the N3DS, but not anymore. I know I'll miss out on some N3DS exclusives like Xenoblade, but hopefully I won't miss out on too many good games.

Reactions: Mikaya and Moon Rain
Yeah I want! Those improved triggers look helpful as all hell, especially for a game like Kid Icarus. Wanting and actually going and getting are of course two completely separate things...

Im not really sold on it, i mean my original cosmo black 3ds is getting kinda old, but i see no reason other than that to upgrade.
I will just wait to see if there gonna be any exclusives i want first.
Improved 3D seems cool though.

Three letters sir. YES! I will definitely be getting it right when it comes out for north america! :D times like this really make me wish I knew Japan :p if only you could switch the language to English somehow... And I like the new and improved 3D myself!

Yes! I would most likely try to trade my original 3DS in for it. I'm just eager to hear a release date overseas...

Only if they make plates of the Pokémon X/Y Special 3DS. I still love my 3DS too much to discard it for a N3DS.
But though I don't like what Nintendo's trying to put on us (are they acting like that because the 3DS won over the Vita ?), the exclusivities and the plates are what would make me go towards it.
-> #2: Also, only if they make a "trade your old 3DS and get a reduction/a free N3DS system" campaign. Otherwise, they can keep it.

Reactions: nicklesimba
I don't think so that I will go for the new 3DS because I already have the 3DS XL which bought this year only so maybe will continue with it only... The new 3DS is something that people who never owned the 3DS..

Definitely Getting One!! I am gonna Choose the New 3DS due to those cool Faceplates :D Plus the Increased CPU Speed for Downloading stuff from the eShop and Browsing Miiverse Yes please!! ;)

I don't think I will be getting one. I'm happy with my 3DS, and this is just another money making scheme for Nintendo. :p

I will be missing on out the exclusives, but oh well. Can't get everything. I'll survive, I'm sure. ;)

Perhaps if I didn't have a normal 3DS already, I would've considered it.

I'll be getting it, I don't have a 3DS XL yet and also I want dem exclusives...

I really don't want to get the new 3DS> I love my current Blue 3DS Xl, and it hasn't even been a year since I have had it.
I am not really looking forward to the increased CPU Speed and the extra added C-Stick. he only thing I care about is the games. Hopefully Nintendo does not release Majora's Mask 3D on the N3DS, but on the 3DS. I would be really dissappointed if they do release any Pokemon/Zelda exclusives on the New 3DS. :(

Reactions: OmegaCaius
I dont think the new 3ds is really worth it. Yeah. I get it it... the new features...
an analog nub (the new C-Stick), additional ZL and ZR shoulder buttons, improved 3D support for Amiibo, and a faster CPU.
I just feel like it something we don't really need right now. There is so many great 3ds games coming out, and now out of no where.. there's a new 3ds with an exclusive game that a regular 3ds cant play! That is a huge jump, and a big F-U for everyone.

No.

I'm most likely to buy the console within time. I've been upgrading my 3DS systems since the first DS. Loving the design and cover plates as well. Will be a pain to save the money, but I'm certain I'll be getting it eventually.

Back