Download or cartridge

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
I am going to get this game soon but i was wondering is it better to get a download version or the cartridge

It depends. I have a 16GB memory card and I hate to switch cartridges, so I went the download route. Then again, I buy all of my games digitally (eShop) because they're cheaper.

If you know you break things easily, it might be best to get the cartridge because if your 3DS breaks and you're unable to do a system transfer, you'll lose the game and your money (calling Nintendo might help).

It depends. I have a 16GB memory card and I hate to switch cartridges, so I went the download route. Then again, I buy all of my games digitally (eShop) because they're cheaper.

If you know you break things easily, it might be best to get the cartridge because if your 3DS breaks and you're unable to do a system transfer, you'll lose the game and your money (calling Nintendo might help).

Do you know what I emailed nintendo becaouse a friends 3ds broke and all his games were downloaded but you can get your eshop transfered onto a new 3ds or 2ds

I think download version would be better.
I mean, you will play it a lot and you won't be selling it later.

Do you know what I emailed nintendo becaouse a friends 3ds broke and all his games were downloaded but you can get your eshop transfered onto a new 3ds or 2ds

Yeah, you can transfer your games. Sadly there's a limit but you can.

Did you buy acnl on eshop and if so how many blocks was it

Did you buy acnl on eshop and if so how many blocks was it
6,000 blocks

thx erixsan and marc

I would go with download, since it stays on your Nintendo 3DS and you don't need to switch cartridges every time you want to play another game.

Yeah, you can transfer your games. Sadly there's a limit but you can.

Wait, there's a limit on transferring games??? What is this limit and how restrictive is it?

I prefer the physical version of the game. Purchasing games digitally is more convenient though.

Hypothetically speaking...if you downloaded digitally, but ended up deleting the file, would the eshop recognize that you downloaded the game before and let you redownload or would you have to pay again?

Hypothetically speaking...if you downloaded digitally, but ended up deleting the file, would the eshop recognize that you downloaded the game before and let you redownload or would you have to pay again?

The eShop recognizes that you purchase a title and therefore can redownload it again for free.

I would go with the download version also, I think it is the much safer way to have games, and it is quite cheaper, once you have a good size SD card go for it, unless you are planning to save the space for something better.

I would go with the download version also, I think it is the much safer way to have games, and it is quite cheaper, once you have a good size SD card go for it, unless you are planning to save the space for something better.
actually, cheaper is arguable. Prices at local stores can differ from what's on the eshop at times. It just depends on when you're buying the game

Reactions: Kaynil
actually, cheaper is arguable. Prices at local stores can differ from what's on the eshop at times. It just depends on when you're buying the game
No, I live in Trinidad and Tobago and the prices of games are quite expensive compared to eShop, most of the time those games cost like US $60, so I rather buy on the eShop

No, I live in Trinidad and Tobago and the prices of games are quite expensive compared to eShop, most of the time those games cost like US $60, so I rather buy on the eShop

I found a offer to buy 3 games for 53 bucks (physical) but I must buy those three games together :p
There is also 4 games for 45 bucks each (buying those together)

Not so much games to choose, but with the first one, I would get Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Tales of the Abyss and Luigi Mansion 2.

Sadly I'm out of money, but it would be excellent to found a way to get fast money and buy those...

I found a offer to buy 3 games for 53 bucks (physical) but I must buy those three games together :p
There is also 4 games for 45 bucks each (buying those together)

Not so much games to choose, but with the first one, I would get Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Tales of the Abyss and Luigi Mansion 2.

Sadly I'm out of money, but it would be excellent to found a way to get fast money and buy those...
I hope to see an offer like that soon (hope not lame games though). In Trinidad here, it's very rare to see games like in a bundle only if its a lame set of games, mostly the used games that are available here are PS3/PS2 and DS games, those are what I discovered so far that is.

oh, yeah if it's out of the United States then that makes sense. Kinda feel bad for you in terms of video game deals lol

Downloading Games On The 3ds eshop is a better idea as you wont need to waste your time just to switch cartridges to play the game.

Back