Download or cartridge

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
especialy now it is on permenant sale as well as mk7 ect. all the good old 3ds games lol. and then you dont have to change cartridges.

That's another reason why I like digitally purchasing games, the discounts are outstanding! There's a higher chance of digital games getting discounted compared to retail. Even if retail games are discounted, like on Amazon, it alls adds back up to the same price of even more, when you count shipping and taxes.
Also, if you have a high-capacity sd card and format it to the FAT32 file system, you will have thousands upon thousands of blocks.

i am now going to get a downloaded version as well. i found that after you have played a while it is nice to start a new town, but i dont want to delete my 489 hrs of work.

Reactions: Kaynil
i am now going to get a downloaded version as well. i found that after you have played a while it is nice to start a new town, but i dont want to delete my 489 hrs of work.
Wow, I commend you for that, I won't ever restart start over a new town, it's not worth it, but I think this game is best in downloaded version, it would be a pain to switch out my cartridge every time I have to water my plants.

thanks :). yea thats why if i ever wanted to i would get a new game of it or get wild world or something. yea that would be a pain but i use beautiful so i dont ever have to :p.

I downloaded that game on my birthday last year. I had a 2GB SD card hooked up at the time, and I used to play City Folk on my Wii. I didn't want to get the physical copy, because I might end up selling it at some point.

downloading games on the eshop is better although it will take up space on the sd card and it can also be helpful when showing your friends your cool games,plus u can get almost all of the 3ds games that r out now,plus the eshop also allows u to download some free applications such as youtube,huluplus,pokemonbank and more,so yeah the eshop is better.

I love downloading video games. I personally think thats the route to go. If you want to download a lot of games though, you have to get the biggest SD card you can find :p i hate switching SD cards, and i think you would too :p

The cartridge version is nice, but it is very easy to lose. If you download it, make sure to keep your 3DS comfy and safe :)

I got the cartridge. If you get the downloaded one you have to get an eshop code and it is just a whole lot easier if you would get the game cartridge instead of the downloadable version on the eshop.

In Australia retail is cheaper than eShop, for the most part, specially if wait a of time. Animal Crossing though, being a game that ideally you play a bit everyday, having it readily in the 3DS makes this easier. For me it was a decision that I don't regret. I see straight away streetpasses and stuff.

If you ask me I'd go digital cause mainly I hate switching cards and having all your favorite game on one system makes them easily accessible and its kind of a simulator so having it easily available is nifty but that's just me.

Downloaded games are more convenient. No need to carry those cartridge anywhere you go. But base on what i observe, digital games are more expensive than cartridge types. But well, it depends in the country that your living in.

Eh,really, im not picky. i donlt really have a prefernce, but if you made me pick one, i'd choose cartridge. i get such a feeling of satisfaction just seeing all my game cases lined up. its a thing of beauty

ok so look at donkey kong country returns 3d it takes up 2.16 gb for dowload and this is why i will get cartrighe not only that but im not careless with me cartrighes i always keep them in my cases if im not using them

I like physical cartridges. I have sometimes had problems with other SD cards for phones and stuff. Also, people say that the game wont be playable if the game card is spoilt. Same thing could happen to the SD card

I really wish I had bought acnl on my ds digitally
Back when I used to play it a ton I didn't like switching cartridges when ever I wanted to play it. Right now I would probably play it more if I had it digitally but too afraid to pick up the cartridge and load up my abandoned town lol

I have it cartridge. I'm glad I do, because if I had it downloaded, my current 8 GB memory card would have been used up already by now. I only have enough space on it for one big game (approximately 14,000 blocks, still too small for many games). :/

This might not sound as how I'm saying it but buying a game for lets say $40 in the eshop and you buy a $50 eshop card then you get a bonus $10 that you could spend on something else. That's what I did with LOZ OOT 3D I get it through download and I still have $10 in my stash so use this to your advantage. :D

The cartridge is always nice to have, in case you get bored of it one day would like to sell it at GameStop or online for extra cash. But the download is good if you have younger siblings that are prone to breaking things or a pet that loves to stick things in his/her mouth.

I used to buy the cartridges until I got my Pit, he loves having his mouth on things, he ate my Cooking Mama and nearly ate Pokémon Explorers of Sky. So now I use the digital downloads.

Cartridge masterrace

Back