Download or cartridge

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
Yup, totally right bout that, I will get either a 32GB or 16GB (Class 10) SD Card.
How much do those usually cost? Whatever it is, it's probably cheaper than buying the games individually I bet :p

32GB SD cards for the 3DS is a bit much imo. But maybe that's because I don't just buy digitally. And I got my 16GB for not even $20 from Nintendo. :3

32GB SD cards for the 3DS is a bit much imo. But maybe that's because I don't just buy digitally. And I got my 16GB for not even $20 from Nintendo. :3
Well, if you're like @reece1100 and have to buy stuff digitally, THEN a 32GB SD card makes sense.

Well, if you're like @reece1100 and have to buy stuff digitally, THEN a 32GB SD card makes sense.
Yeah because ErixSan has a 32 GB SD Card and he has 8GB left :eek:

True. Everyone has different situations. Some people I know have gotten 64GB cards. Now that's a bit over kill...

Reactions: 3dsatackman and Reece
If I were you though i would get the game from the nintendo eshop :) I just like to collect titles on my 3ds home menu.

I currently only have the 4GB SD card which came with my 3ds xl but mostly it would last me about more than a year lol I don't buy a lot stuff from the eshop.

I think since my state taxes I'll be buying from the eshop only. Taxes are a ripoff >.> I've payed so much in taxes -.- America is just greedy. >.> Digital ftw!

I think since my state taxes I'll be buying from the eshop only. Taxes are a ripoff >.> I've payed so much in taxes -.- America is just greedy. >.> Digital ftw!
You should change your postal code from your original one to 99881 it removes all taxes that has need to be paid :) it's much more worth it. As in escape from paying taxes.

You should change your postal code from your original one to 99881 it removes all taxes that has need to be paid :) it's much more worth it. As in escape from paying taxes.

Well I changed it already xD That's why I'm going digital. So much easier on me this way. But I may have to buy a second SD card in case I fill up my 16GB one ;.;

Well I changed it already xD That's why I'm going digital. So much easier on me this way. But I may have to buy a second SD card in case I fill up my 16GB one ;.;
Hey it would take a long time to do so , so you won't be needing another second SD card that soon unless your very rich and bought a lot of prepaid cards :)

Hey it would take a long time to do so , so you won't be needing another second SD card that soon unless your very rich and bought a lot of prepaid cards :)

Well with the holiday coming up I'm sure I'll be able to buy a few games. And once I get a job I'll prob buy a lot more and that'll fill it up quickly :p The games are big and take up a lot of space.

it all depends on you really, if you like colecting game boxes or cartridges or you just exchange games with someone go with the physical copy, if you want to play it for yourself frequently then the download vertion is more appropriate for you !

I personally bought the download as all stores were sold out and I didn't want to wait. If I had my choice, however, I'd have bought the cartridge as downloads aren't the same.

I think it depends more on what you prefer to do. I prefer to get the physical cartridge, just because I like the idea of putting in a cartridge, rather than having the game already on the device. But it depends on what you want to do completely.

Downloading is more convenient but there's the trade-off of limited space to use effectively. But yeah, I agree with linkof24, there's something satisfying about owning a physical cartridge of a game

You can even transfer save data to a digital version because of a free tool Nintendo has on the eshop.

You can even transfer save data to a digital version because of a free tool Nintendo has on the eshop.
is it possible to do the reverse as well? Also, does this tool apply for all games developed by Nintendo and 3rd party companies like Capcom and all?

is it possible to do the reverse as well? Also, does this tool apply for all games developed by Nintendo and 3rd party companies like Capcom and all?
You cannot reverse it, and you need to already have the download version separately purchased as well as have the physical copy.

And it only works for 3ds as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot reverse it, and you need to already have the download version separately purchased as well as have the physical copy.
oh. so basically you have to pay double the price to do it. Honestly that's kind of a waste if you think about it...Especially since digital storage space is limited compared to physical storage space

Back