Download or cartridge

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
Yes , Excactly if this group of people do not do so they will not know what is happening in the outside world , buying stuff online isn't that of a good thing too though...

I feel like technology is replacing human interaction. We've got families who spend time with each other by using their phone in front of each other without actually talking.

xlarge.jpg

General Statement: Look up. See the world. Get off this website. Take a break. And look at how amazing the world is! :)

this would be a realy good idea and then you could have 2 towns. for acnl. and for all other games a spare copy or you could give cartridge and keep code. great idea heart.
That wouldn't be a really good idea for Nintendo because that would basically mean giving away free games. They'd have to be really stupid to pull such a marketing tactic as its regular marketing strategy

this would be a realy good idea and then you could have 2 towns. for acnl. and for all other games a spare copy or you could give cartridge and keep code. great idea heart.
Umm It's actually the worst idea to be honest , if they were to give you the code inside of the retail box what is the box for ? And how are you going to sell the game ??? If the game is boring and you bought it for no reason ??? Etc....

Umm It's actually the worst idea to be honest , if they were to give you the code inside of the retail box what is the box for ? And how are you going to sell the game ??? If the game is boring and you bought it for no reason ??? Etc....
I think that the box would appeal to some people, but only those that are collectors like 3dsatackman....so yeah, basically only to a huge minority if anything

I am going to get this game soon but i was wondering is it better to get a download version or the cartridge

I like Cartridge more. Even though you have to swap games all the time, it's nice to know that you have the realistic cartridge of the game. Plus if my 3DS breaks one day, I won't have to go through the hassle of getting all of my memory back.

I like Cartridge more. Even though you have to swap games all the time, it's nice to know that you have the realistic cartridge of the game. Plus if my 3DS breaks one day, I won't have to go through the hassle of getting all of my memory back.
I'm pretty sure it's possible to get it all back anyway because the eshop has a record of what you've bought. Especially if you have another device linked to the eshop, I don't think it's too hard to recover the lost games.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to get it all back anyway because the eshop has a record of what you've bought. Especially if you have another device linked to the eshop, I don't think it's too hard to recover the lost games.

I never said it wasn't possible, I just said I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of doing that. And yes, probably more so now than before because of Nintendo Network Accounts on the 3DS which can store the records better by adding another layer of security.

I never said it wasn't possible, I just said I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of doing that. And yes, probably more so now than before because of Nintendo Network Accounts on the 3DS which can store the records better by adding another layer of security.
yeah, so in a sense all the games are all under one place(s) (more than one place if you've connected another system like the Wii U to your account). If you were to lose a cartridge, you'd have to buy a new one, but downloadable copies don't have that issue. But I can understand not wanting to have to go through the trouble of having to reclaim the games if something happened haha

Haha yeah exactly.

I feel like the security field will be big in the future for technology. With everything being connected wirelessly, hackers will be on the move.

I feel like the security field will be big in the future for technology. With everything being connected wirelessly, hackers will be on the move.

True, and with the hacker mindset of "All security can be surpassed" nothing stops them from trying to hack and get a hold of valuable information. Hackers are like human viruses lol.

Reactions: Chief
Nintendo should sell a download code inside a retail box. That way you have something to show for it and no swappin cartridges! Personally, idc where my game is. Ill to for the cheaper version though but I usually choose retail cause Im too lazy to buy Eshop cards and put numbers in and stuff.
Nintendo network account=games on the cloud

I bought it on the eshop. It's easier to buy, and you have it wherever you go with your 3ds (which makes it faster to look at streetpass houses)

I bought it on the eshop. It's easier to buy, and you have it wherever you go with your 3ds (which makes it faster to look at streetpass houses)
IKR?

if i were you i would get the cartridge because its nice having the box for collection - you can play it on multiple 3ds's
you can sell it if you ever get bored of it :p i would get cartridge :p

i did get cartridge. lol after 500 posts i say this. also i would recomend it also because it is nice to be able to have it for colection.

I always choose cartridge before download. It just feels more mine and like others have said its nice for a collection. also i can trust a cardrige more then a download. i just enjoy having the cartridge instead of just a download.

good idea. i got ac:nl cartridge. but with pokemon X and Y, i got it downloaded because i got it X for free and i got Y cheaper.

good idea. i got ac:nl cartridge. but with pokemon X and Y, i got it downloaded because i got it X for free and i got Y cheaper.

Yeah when theres special discounts like that where you can get a free download or cheaper i sometimes just get it on download. depending on the game and how much of a discount.

Yeah when theres special discounts like that where you can get a free download or cheaper i sometimes just get it on download. depending on the game and how much of a discount.
That's another reason why I like digitally purchasing games, the discounts are outstanding! There's a higher chance of digital games getting discounted compared to retail. Even if retail games are discounted, like on Amazon, it alls adds back up to the same price of even more, when you count shipping and taxes.

Back