Emulators or no?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
What's your stance on emulators for old games? Do you think it's understandable in some cases or is it flat out bad in all?

Reactions: SilverOwl
I think it's okay if there's no way to found the game...

But that's is the only case.

Actually because GBA game is rare here to find, I play Pokemon Ruby just a few months ago, but the first time I played it was on the GBA.

Yeah, same thing with me and Pokemon Emerald. I first played it on a GBA as well. In such cases when you own the game it actually isn't illegal if I recall correctly.

Yeah, same thing with me and Pokemon Emerald. I first played it on a GBA as well. In such cases when you own the game it actually isn't illegal if I recall correctly.
Yeah I know, but some games like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance I didn't have it for the GBA and I downloaded it, I feel bad but its an awesome game and I know in my lifetime I will never see a physical copy of that game.

makes you wonder what the fate will be for current gen games that aren't available on the e-shop in many years from now. Will a working 3DS emulator have been invented or will there be no way to play a game that used to be on the market?

makes you wonder what the fate will be for current gen games that aren't available on the e-shop in many years from now. Will a working 3DS emulator have been invented or will there be no way to play a game that used to be on the market?

1. No 3DS emulator invented
2. That will ruin an wonderful console you know? With the coming release of R4 cards with 3DS game support will be a big hurt to the console.

I think emulators are like stealing a game some people like it but i dont
What's your stance on emulators for old games? Do you think it's understandable in some cases or is it flat out bad in all?

If theres no possible way to play the game it's fine then. Otherwise you'll just be stealing from the company. They put all of that effort into. The least people could do is support them by actually buying the games. So I don't really support emulators.

If theres no possible way to play the game it's fine then. Otherwise you'll just be stealing from the company. They put all of that effort into. The least people could do is support them by actually buying the games. So I don't really support emulators.
Yeah. And there are some cases like Crapcom not localizing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 which means fan translation and using an emulator to be able to play....

The sad truth. I do support emulators but just in cases certain Virtual Console games aren't at the Shop

Speaking of Virtual Console, I bet that was just a Nintendo attempt to counter emulators to some degree lol

Speaking of Virtual Console, I bet that was just a Nintendo attempt to counter emulators to some degree lol
huh how? cuz people seem to not like paying for old games (I love them)

I would if those are 2 dollars cheaper.

Well, I mean in the sense that there's an "official" way to buy old games. This means that Nintendo may be able to generate at least some revenue from games they made in the distant past but are still enjoyed.

Reactions: dwikrid
My parents bought NES machine when I was 3 years old and each game card was sold at USD5 to USD6 (this happened before emulators exist). A game card usually consists of couple of games (ranged from 3 to 6 games), but later I found that those game cards were hijacked version. There was no legal game card sold :eek: (so I think I understand why Ninty banned my country :cry:)
Well, I mean in the sense that there's an "official" way to buy old games. This means that Nintendo may be able to generate at least some revenue from games they made in the distant past but are still enjoyed.
Yes, but not every NES games published, unfortunately. I want to play some old games (Jetman, Mighty Final Fight, a Batman game but I forgot which one, etc), so I access them using emulator.

My parents bought NES machine when I was 3 years old and each game card was sold at USD5 to USD6 (this happened before emulators exist). A game card usually consists of couple of games (ranged from 3 to 6 games), but later I found that those game cards were hijacked version. There was no legal game card sold :eek: (so I think I understand why Ninty banned my country :cry:)

Yes, but not every NES games published, unfortunately. I want to play some old games (Jetman, Mighty Final Fight, a Batman game but I forgot which one, etc), so I access them using emulator.
well yeah, but at least to some extent they've done something there. Tbh it's probably for the best they continue with new games rather than getting distracted by adding all the old NES games.

well yeah, but at least to some extent they've done something there. Tbh it's probably for the best they continue with new games rather than getting distracted by adding all the old NES games.
I know: they must've been selecting old games carefully; which will be mostly wanted by the consumers, so we can't really blame Ninty. Since we can play those on 3DS, I think purchasing something nostalgic would not be a problem.

Well, in that times in USA, 8bit games had a price tag of 15 to 20 bucks.
16 bits a price tag of 50 bucks.

Well, in that times in USA, 8bit games had a price tag of 15 to 20 bucks.
16 bits a price tag of 50 bucks.
So it's clear now why Ninty banned my country. Comparing the price tag, also that game-bundling things...

Back