Emulators or no?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
Easier and free, all I can say

I thinks it is ok if you don't abuse it. If you own a copy of the game its ok. I you can't find the game because it's really old I think it's ok. Some games and console just don't exist like they used to, so you have to play it in some way. I have played a few of my old games on an emulator because it gives me a bigger screen than my gameboy.

im not paying $300 for an old n64 game :mad: *pirates conker's bad fur day* *plays* *feels bad* *asks about it* *deletes it* *sees this thread* *rinse and repeat*

No, you can enjoy the game way more on it's actually console and cartridge. Emulators are used frequently but I honestly dislike them. If I were to play Majora's mask I would want to play the N64 version and push away the 3ds version and the emulator. Same with every other game.

im not paying $300 for an old n64 game :mad: *pirates conker's bad fur day* *plays* *feels bad* *asks about it* *deletes it* *sees this thread* *rinse and repeat*
:panda: it was released on Rare Replay for the Xbox One, so you really have no excuse now not to pay for it, really.

Generally, if a game is not current gen, the company that isn't making money off it and it's not available for official emulation (Like Virtual Console) then it's okay to use them.

But, before using them, make sure they follow the above. For example, the Wii U has some N64 and GBA games, for example, thus there's no excuse not to buy those.

Emulators suck i do not make use of them, i have only used an emulator once to play mother 3 but i bought the japanese game, then downloaded the translated rom. I hate emulators i never use them and they are bad and crappy. they also lag a lot even in a good computer (depending on what system you are emulating). Still i hate em

I'd say there's nothing ethically wrong with using emulators. Playing pirated games however is another matter entirely...

I use my DS to emulate both GBA and GB/C games for conveniency. Like previous posters, I prefer the original console experience, but sometimes you just can't carry all your bricks with you :p Naturally, I only emulate games I already own :angelic:

I usually use them for rom hacks or randomisers rather than play actual games because I prefer the original feeling of the controller and playing it on the original screen. I still have my game boy today and it's loads of fun. If I own a game and want to use some cheats (like speedhacks etc.) then I do but that sometimes takes away the fact that you had something nice and changed it. I'm not totally for them but I'm not against them either because in the right circumstances they can be good.

Oh hell yeah Emulators!! On my Wii that's hacked with Homebrew channel!!! Who would want to pay for game when u can just get them for free? I know i wouldn't Hacking is awesome i can play my Gamecube without buy the discs and the worthless memory card why didn't i think of this before?

I use emulators to get Pokemon rom hacks and fan games is that okay?

I use emulators to get Pokemon rom hacks and fan games is that okay?

Depends. Most hacks and fan made games require you to patch an original rom, which is illegal to download unless you own a physical copy.

Mother 3. That's my one argument

Depends on who ya ask dude. For a long time I had an SNES emulator that had Kirby's Dream Course that I didn't realize untill recently had an error. (You're supposed to get more tomatoes when you hit an enemy, but the emulator must've missed that.)

Well I say yes, because I can only go on miitomo on bluestacks since I have no phone. It makes it easer for me play moble games.

YEs to emulators. Always use emulators for any game that's easily available on the interwebz. Never pay money for old-school games because people are charging ridiculous prices for old-school games on eBay. Arr matey! :jimlad:

Back