Emulators or no?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
I had some old SNES emulator thing, loved playing Super Mario World on it.

I only use emulators in three conditions.
1. I currently have the game in my possession.
2. I had the game at one point, but lost it (not including selling it).
3. I would not be able to easily get the game under other circumstances/It's an old game I would be buying used anyway.

Emulators are great because they allow you to play games from your childhood in a completely different way. Honesty, one of my best emulator experiences was playing emerald with the randomiser mod, making the abilities, the colour of the pokemon, the pokemon themselves, the trainers, the battles, and everything other than the story itself, completely random.

I only play an emulator for old games that I never had a chance to experience when I was younger and are hard to find now but after reading a lot of this thread I may have to reconsider my stance on the issue.

I only use a emulator for a game I own but don't have anymore or a game i own. I use the dolphin emulator to Play Luigi's Mansion and New super Mario Bros.Wii. I also used the snes9x emulator to play Games such as DKC (Donkey Kong Country)

I use DS and GBA Emulator but they are not bad since my DS doesn't work anymore but i don't have any problem with they are finne for me as long i can play ds games

I highly support them. Nintendo got their chance with the games when they were first developed. Now that VC is here, they can make money on the games if people are dying to play the game on a Nintendo console. If people aren't interested in playing on a Nintendo console, they should be allowed to play outdated games on their new devices.

I know some of the old console games probably wont work on the 3ds and you cant play hacked games on the actual consoles. So for games like that and ones were Nintendo wouldn't make a profit either way I'm okay with. But with them releasing old console games my opinion has swayed towards no. Unless there's no way of that game appearing in the eshop though.

I used to have emulators for ds and game boy mostly although there was the N64 one as well in which I played enjoyable games on although the ds one was slow on my computer for some games,the game boy emulator brings back soo many old school games.

I prefer to buy my games, but sometimes it's impossible... Virtual Console would be better in this case!

I use it a ton lol. I have a gba emulator on my iPad without around 15 games including fire emblem and a bunch of pokemon games. On my phone I have a Nintendo 64 emulator that has 7 games so far including starfox and ocarina. I also have a playstation 1 emulator with only 2 games which are final fantasy and spyro. I also have a psp emulator that I just got a few days ago and I have gta chinatown wars on it. I also have a ds emulator on my ipad with mario kart ds but it's really buggy and doesn't work that we'll
So yeah...xD

Nintendo is doing remakes but they can't remake everything...

So sometimes, when you want to play a game but you can't find its console in stores, you can buy the game somehow (even though it will not make profit to Nintendo but just to stay legal) and then play it on an emulator in my opinion.

That's actually the important point of emulators, they keep the spirit of the console alive. Even when all GameCubes will be broken, when someone asks "how was Melee like", they'll be able to judge by themselves.

Now, if you use it for piracy while you could have bought the game to reward the developpers, that's another story and I am obviously against it. That's why I bought OoT and MM for 3DS even though I could just have played them on an emu.

Remake is good, but some of us need the original game too. I get the original Super Mario World on Eshop, but I want to buy the GBA version one day.

I have an emulator on my laptop for gamecube and n64, to play nostalgia games n such. I also used to have a emulator for my old DS but I'm not sure about 3DS equivalents. I'm not sure what to do for that and it seems to complex to me, anyone actually have one???

Emulators is needed to play rare games. I can't find Conker anymore, so I need the emulator for being play that.

Emulators are handy at times...My Playstation broke and I was unable to play any of my games until I found a good emulator...with a couple of downloads and copying my disk data to my computer allowed me to get back into my Legend of the Dragoon..

I remember getting this thing called the R4 where you would download ROMs and then put it in a sd card then into the R4 card where it would then play on the DS . It was my first thing I got to play Nintendo DS games . I don't remember clearly but I think that my neighbors gave it to me though I don't really recall clearly . I am planning to get one so that I could play on my dsi and I heard it was illegal but anyways...:ninja:

I would say always go with emulator on old games there is a 1% chance of u ending up in prison because of that and also u can put cool hacks mods into the games/roms/isos and u can havev fun cheating glitching up the game withouth having to worry if i will duke up my game :D

What's your stance on emulators for old games? Do you think it's understandable in some cases or is it flat out bad in all?
Emus are perfect for messing around with gameshark and ar, Google cloning cheat for oot 64, and I don't wanna pay 1000$ for a real copy of earthbound. But you probably won't get put in jail for downloading a game from 1998, maybe if you pirate a new game, then yea.

I definantly know that I HATE emulators. I guess it might be fine with others but not for me. I hate how they always have lag. Plus they almost never have the best games. I have to say that I don't like emulators and wouldn't recommend them, but if they feel like they want to use it they can.

Back