English dub or sub?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
When watching anime, do you prefer English dub or English sub?

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu and ErixSan
I always prefer dub, if I want to read the content I would grab the manga.

Reactions: Hayleia and Sabakarp
Always subs. Actually, even if the voices were English, I would still watch it with subtitles. I even watch English-language films with English subtitles.
But anyway, in anime, I prefer Japanese voices with English subtitles.

Always subs. Actually, even if the voices were English, I would still watch it with subtitles. I even watch English-language films with English subtitles.
But anyway, in anime, I prefer Japanese voices with English subtitles.

Yes, when it's about anime, I prefer JP dub with SPA/ENG subs.
I don't know why, but I don't like fan dubs either.

Also, official dubbed version are censored, and the censorship is really strong in USA.

I prefer dubbed; I like both; without dubbing, I wouldn't have even gotten curious for anime. I watch both; while preferring dubbed more, I watch subbed episodes in greater quantity anyways, I enjoy subbed shows as well, but I'm not exactly an otaku fanboy, at least, not a huge one, :p

It depends. Most of the time I would watch a subbed anime but if I watched a dubbed version of an anime then switch to subbed, I wouldn't be able to watch it due to the fact I am used to the dubbed version more and vice versa. For example, I've watched the subbed version of Gintama for the longest time and then I tried watching the dub of a movie(of an arc) that they had, some of the VAs worked but most were just a bit off-putting. Also for the longest time I watched Dragon Ball Z dubbed and I tried to watch a sub of an OVA but it was way too different.

I hope that problem doesn't apply to me when I start watching Shakugan no Shana (Japanese voices, English subtitles) since the little I watched of it on TV was English-dubbed.

I hope that problem doesn't apply to me when I start watching Shakugan no Shana (Japanese voices, English subtitles) since the little I watched of it on TV was English-dubbed.
Dragon Ball Z wasn't the best example since the Japanese VA of Goku, Gohan, and Goten is a 60 something year old lady.

Reactions: Kaynil
Dragon Ball Z wasn't the best example since the Japanese VA of Goku, Gohan, and Goten is a 60 something year old lady.

Really? Didn't know that :rotfl:

Reactions: Kaynil
Really? Didn't know that :rotfl:
I don't think really a lot of people know that unless they look it up or if they truly follow everything Dragon Ball.

I don't think really a lot of people know that unless they look it up or if they truly follow everything Dragon Ball.

Well, I'm not a fan of DBZ, also, the only chapters I watched was dubbed.

Well, I'm not a fan of DBZ, also, the only chapters I watched was dubbed.
Ah I see. Yea I think I hear that is how most have seen it but I am not sure on that.

I've watched so many subbed animes that it feels weird to watch them dubbed now. The Japanese voice sound more natural, and being a fast reader the subs are not a problem to me.

I usually try to get the subbed version if possible. I am always curious on the original voices and I'll be honest i get a kick out of myself when certain japanese expressions start making sense. Little accomplishments out of one or two string words you heard or found out their meaning before.

That said, I don't mind dubbed anime. Dubbed needs to be done very poorly or I need to be way too used to the original version or a different dub/language to mind it.

I usually try to get the subbed version if possible. I am always curious on the original voices and I'll be honest i get a kick out of myself when certain japanese expressions start making sense. Little accomplishments out of one or two string words you heard or found out their meaning before.

That said, I don't mind dubbed anime. Dubbed needs to be done very poorly or I need to be way too used to the original version or a different dub/language to mind it.

Same here. I try to avoid the dubs as much as possible, and only watch them when no subs are available at good quality.

I prefer subs because I like the voices better than dubs (most of the time). It's also fun for me to learn a few things about the Japanese language while reading the subs. :eek:

Do you rather watch Animes in English version (Dub) or do you watch it in Japanese Version (with Sub) ?

The only anime I choose to watch in English is Pokemon and Digimon,most of the others I watch in Japanese.

I always remember watching Pokemon in the morning on T.V before I go to school and I got accustom watching it in English so I hate watching Pokemon in Japanese with subtitles also the same with Digimon but all the other Animes I watch in Japanese with Subs.
Sub-or-Dub.png

I choose the second option. Japanese dub with Spanish sub.

Reactions: Reece
I choose the second option. Japanese dub with Spanish sub.

Yup, Why ?

Yup, Why ?

Because I speak Spanish and also, I only found Japanese sub episodes?

Back