English dub or sub?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
omg, I didn't realise it had another thread with the same topic,I should really look into the posts better before posting anything, Sorry bout that @Marc . :bag:

Watching Anime in English Dub is kind of weird I prefer the original voices , I watch movie with subtitle and anime with subtitle as well :)

Watching Anime in English Dub is kind of weird I prefer the original voices , I watch movie with subtitle and anime with subtitle as well :)
I despise watching in English dub, the voices are really a turn off, but animes like Pokemon and Digimon, I have to watch in English dub.

I like english dub because its kind of annoying to have to read it all the time, but lets say they havent made the dub yet like Naruto Shippuden, I would definitely watch it. But, if there is a dub, I like that better

Normally dub. If I search for an anime, I usually find dubs. And the Japanese voice-acting is sometimes a little overdone, if you ask me.

When watching anime, do you prefer English dub or English sub?

Subs are my jam. I get easily bored while watching anime without any subtitles to read. Yeah, dubs will have subtitles here and there, but I like subtitles to come constantly so I can have something to read lol.

I prefer dubs just because I usually like doing something else while I watch anime, and I wouldn't be able to read subtitles if I'm doing something else.

I did watch Pokémon Origins with subtitles, though.

Dubs are better 99% of the time, but sometimes the Japanese voice acting gas better intonation or emotion than the English, plus you get to slowly get to learn a new language. (Maybe that's just me...)

Sub. Most likely it sounds better. Also, I get to learn some Japanese.

Reactions: 423
If you like laughing at terrible dubs the watch the dub. If you want to watch anime casually then watch the subs.

If you like laughing at terrible dubs the watch the dub. If you want to watch anime casually then watch the subs.
I don't watch much Anime anymore, but I've yet to see any dubs that are truly horrific... But, I can safely say that they're probably out there. I don't need you all to post videos of your favorite terrible dubs, but I'm sure you will anyway.

Obviously Jap Dub with Eng sub for me:p
I dont like hearing english in a japanese anime, sounds off to me:confused:

I don't have a true preference, though I tend to prefer subs as they are overall higher quality. Probably because the Japanese VAs are paid more than 5 cents and hour.

English sub, original voice are cool, unique and awesome. The dub voices are retarded :D, so 100% sub!

lol i like both of them but what i like depends on the anime and the environment I'm in , as some animus like death note , i like the dub as you hear all the different things they say , mainly how they say it , as it creates the atmosphere
the anime is in were as bleach / naruto its nice to hear them speak japanese :p

I prefer subs, the natural voices of the characters sound much better. Dub just sounds plain weird..

Actually not sure if I stated this here already, but I love Tokyo Mew Mew, and when I heard the Dub version of "Mew Mew Style, Mew Mew Grace, Mew Mew Power, in your face" I felt so sad, it's horrible:

I also prefer subs. I don't know for English Dubs, as I watched a few series using the dub, but as far as I can tell, I prefer Japanese voices. And also, the fact that most of the dubs here, in France, are horrible (they can't pronounce a name properly, and sometimes nonsense) makes me love even more the subs.

I like English dub. It is difficult to read a lot of text in short amount of time.

Subtitiles all the way lol. In english dub, they sometimes dumb down some jokes or localize them. The thing I like about subs is that you can learn their language even by little. lol Anyways subs is awesome cuz they have their original voices lol

Back