[eShop] Do you change your country to get away from paying tax?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Isn't this thing illegal??? I thought it was called "Tax Fraud" where you do not pay your taxes... I guess it does not matter THAT much though... I mean, it is only like $2.20 :/

Isn't this thing illegal??? I thought it was called "Tax Fraud" where you do not pay your taxes... I guess it does not matter THAT much though... I mean, it is only like $2.20 :/
If everyone did this, that $2.20 could become a lot more. I think people who cheat taxes are lame. Yeah, taxes aren't fun or nice, but without them the government would be worthless (not that it isn't now :p).

If everyone did this, that $2.20 could become a lot more. I think people who cheat taxes are lame. Yeah, taxes aren't fun or nice, but without them the government would be worthless (not that it isn't now :p).

Lol... So true, I do not cheat my taxes though because the government actually uses a little bit for good stuff! (Isn't that amazing! The government actually does something for the good!) Lol obviously.

Yeah I do I don'tlike just paying,tax e.g if u bought a 40$ prepaid card and use it to buy a game u have to pay tax which means u have to add more cash to it xD

I do when I buy more expensive games, then I switch it back to my actually zip code. I got blocked from downloading games once >.> wasn't fun fixing. @Heart

I always had my 3ds set on "Trinidad&Tobago" and there wasn't anything on the eshop execpt Swapnote x) But now I put it on USA. I heard since there are NNID's, it's impossible to change your contry, or I will loose my money?:confused:

I always had my 3ds set on "Trinidad&Tobago" and there wasn't anything on the eshop execpt Swapnote x) But now I put it on USA. I heard since there are NNID's, it's impossible to change your contry, or I will loose my money?:confused:

You should check NNID Faq on Nintendo Support FAQ.

I heard since there are NNID's, it's impossible to change your contry, or I will loose my money?:confused:
You can't change your country once you get the NNID, so you'll be stuck with whatever eShop you chose.

You can't change your country once you get the NNID, so you'll be stuck with whatever eShop you chose.

Thank' god I tought about changing it to US before I created my NNID :eek:

Reactions: Reece, ErixSan and Marc

i did my real country (canada) but i found that you can still change the state.

I do when I buy more expensive games, then I switch it back to my actually zip code. I got blocked from downloading games once >.> wasn't fun fixing. @Heart
LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
that was the most worrysome moment of my 3ds career.

I didn't even know this was a thing. Would have been nice, I would have probably saved at least 30$ by now.

same here. We have to pay tax? just a way of making more money out of us. xD

same here. We have to pay tax? just a way of making more money out of us. xD

The problem is USA laws...
For example, in Europe, taxes are already included, being the digital games more expensive than the physical ones.

Thank' god I tought about changing it to US before I created my NNID :eek:
That's great news, it's a good thing I found Pedia before I started to buy digital games, or I wouldn't have known what to do, and end up putting my country as Trinidad and Tobago...

Anyways, yes! I do have my country set to US and (I think) my state is Florida.

I changed my region from Canada to United States, California. Heck who is going to pay 13% tax for a 40$ game? Not me for sure :p

I changed my country to the United Kingdom, but not for the taxes, but because Mario & Luigi: Dream Team was completely in Dutch and I can't stand it when the text in games is in Dutch :p

Reactions: 532
How many games did you download? What did you do to fix it?

I changed my country to the US because I can't even open the eShop using Malaysia or Singapore as my country :facepalm:

I recently changed my address just to make sure I won't get charged tax. Tax just doesn't make sense, especially on an isolated eShop selling digital games. In addition, if I only have $40 funds on my account and I want to buy a $40 game, I can't because I don't have the funds to cover tax. I think I'd take the address workaround rather than having to go out and buy another eShop card in order to pay off the tax.

same i find that anoying i got a 20$ card and i am only going to use it for taxs because in canada you can not have them

Back