fav old mario game

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
uhh define "old mario game." Like, for example, what consoles/handhelds are you talking about in terms of narrowing down what an "old mario" game is.

uhh define "old mario game." Like, for example, what consoles/handhelds are you talking about in terms of narrowing down what an "old mario" game is.

any mario game before the ds and wii. like game boy advance and nintendo entetainment sytem and snes and game cube and nintendo 64. those kind of games from those kind of consoles .

Super Mario Bros. Best. Game. Ever, I also love the improvised versions like New Super Mario Bros Wii, U, 2 and all that... It is the very core heart of the Mario series...

any mario game before the ds and wii. like game boy advance and nintendo entetainment sytem and snes and game cube and nintendo 64. those kind of games from those kind of consoles .
In that case, I'd say Super Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube is probably well up there. It was a good 3D Mario game and the F.L.U.D.D mechanic was a cool feature

In that case, I'd say Super Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube is probably well up there. It was a good 3D Mario game and the F.L.U.D.D mechanic was a cool feature

thats a cool game i like it also. but why i put mario and luigi super star saga is because i love rpg's. but if i chose a 3d mario game that would be it .

thats a cool game i like it also. but why i put mario and luigi super star saga is because i love rpg's. but if i chose a 3d mario game that would be it .
imo, I know it doesn't count, but Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team are much better than Superstar Saga. Superstar Saga only provided the base for how awesome it could end up going

For older than DS or Wii? Superstar Saga.

I consider old to be SNES or original Gameboy or older, so in that case: Super Mario Bros. 3 Never had Super Mario World unfortunately, I feel like if I had, it would be my favorite.

for me, super mario 64

Geez, GBA is considered old now? It feels like just yesterday my Grandma got me one.

I consider old the 8-16 Bit Mario's. My favorite of them is Super Mario Bros. 2.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
Geez, GBA is considered old now? It feels like just yesterday my Grandma got me one.

I consider old the 8-16 Bit Mario's. My favorite of them is Super Mario Bros. 2.
yeah, it's really weird to think of GBA as an old console. Similarly I find it hard to believe that it's already been around 10 years since Gen 3 was released for Pokemon...

yeah, it's really weird to think of GBA as an old console. Similarly I find it hard to believe that it's already been around 10 years since Gen 3 was released for Pokemon...

Yeah! I find it harder to believe it's been 7 years since Gen 4, though. Seems so new!

Yeah! I find it harder to believe it's been 7 years since Gen 4, though. Seems so new!
Yeah, when you think of in terms of gen numbers, it really doesn't feel that long ago that pokemon was a certain way. Similarly, Gen V was announced like 4 years ago yet it feels like it was just yesterday it was announced

Any Mario RPG. I suck at side scrollers (Never beaten the original Super Mario Bros on NES) but outside of RPGs I enjoy Mario Bros 2. And not sure if this counts but Yoshi's Island is my favorite non-rpg SNES game.

Any Mario RPG. I suck at side scrollers (Never beaten the original Super Mario Bros on NES) but outside of RPGs I enjoy Mario Bros 2. And not sure if this counts but Yoshi's Island is my favorite non-rpg SNES game.
I'd imagine Yoshi's Island would count given that it's basically just a spin-off but still a part of the Mario franchise. But yeah, Yoshi's Island was definitely a legit game.

I'd imagine Yoshi's Island would count given that it's basically just a spin-off but still a part of the Mario franchise. But yeah, Yoshi's Island was definitely a legit game.

I'd imagine it would count due to it being Super Mario World 2. :p

I'd imagine it would count due to it being Super Mario World 2. :p
lol nice I didn't know it was a Super Mario World game. I only knew it as Yoshi's Island because, well, the character you play as is Yoshi, not Mario xD

lol nice I didn't know it was a Super Mario World game. I only knew it as Yoshi's Island because, well, the character you play as is Yoshi, not Mario xD
It's called Super Mario Advance 2: Yoshi's Island on GBA. I play it on my 3ds occasionally since I have it for being an ambassador or whatever.

It's called Super Mario Advance 2: Yoshi's Island on GBA. I play it on my 3ds occasionally since I have it for being an ambassador or whatever.
oh nice! So you decided to get the original 3DS back when it was overpriced at like $250? In any case, how would you say that compares to the SNES Yoshi's Island?

Back