fav old mario game

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
It's called Super Mario Advance 2: Yoshi's Island on GBA. I play it on my 3ds occasionally since I have it for being an ambassador or whatever.
It's a remake of the 1992 SNES version and in my opinion the SNES version is better (Screen CRUNCH!). But it's still a great game.

It's a remake of the 1992 SNES version and in my opinion the SNES version is better (Screen CRUNCH!). But it's still a great game.
Yeah, the SNES version of a lot of games end up being better in many cases. For example, I think the original Donkey Kong Country game for SNES looked better than the GBA port. With that said though I'll admit they made the gameplay flow better in the GBA port

Yeah, the SNES version of a lot of games end up being better in many cases. For example, I think the original Donkey Kong Country game for SNES looked better than the GBA port. With that said though I'll admit they made the gameplay flow better in the GBA port
True, I mainly had problems with the GBA version of Link to the Past. Screen crunch and worse sound quality although that was general of most GBA ports.

True, I mainly had problems with the GBA version of Link to the Past. Screen crunch and worse sound quality although that was general of most GBA ports.
to be fair though the GBA version of Link to the Past had some cool additions. For example, being able to dive while in water, the sound effect while swinging the sword, etc. Also the Palace of the Four Sword....but yeah, SNES was better technologically probably

oh nice! So you decided to get the original 3DS back when it was overpriced at like $250? In any case, how would you say that compares to the SNES Yoshi's Island?
Yeah, I bought the over priced regular 3ds then got a XL and transferred everything on to that. The GBA Yoshi's Island is the same as the SNES one I believe, just portable. It's nice to play on 3ds and looks quite good graphically actually.

My favorite Mario game I have played so far is currently Mario Kart 7 , I like racing games alot well WarioWare is another great and addicting game to play !

My favorite Mario game I have played so far is currently Mario Kart 7 , I like racing games alot well WarioWare is another great and addicting game to play !
The title is "fav old mario game". I hope you don't consider Mk7 old already! XD Otherwise that means I wasted the majority of my life on it. :p

My Favorite old Mario game is Mario All Stars for SNES which included almost all Mario games even the remake of the first one.

does anyone like games from nintendo 64? i like paper mario origanal from it as well as smash bros. but the yoshis island for n64 is not so great.

does anyone like games from nintendo 64? i like paper mario origanal from it as well as smash bros. but the yoshis island for n64 is not so great.
Some of the Nintendo 64 games were legit, but in some cases I feel they provided the base for future games. Paper Mario 2 was better than Paper Mario and I don't really care for the original Smash Bros. Ocarina of Time was one of the better ones though (I know it's a bit unrelated to favorite old Mario game, but just making a point).

Gamecube was where a lot of the games became good

Some of the Nintendo 64 games were legit, but in some cases I feel they provided the base for future games. Paper Mario 2 was better than Paper Mario and I don't really care for the original Smash Bros. Ocarina of Time was one of the better ones though (I know it's a bit unrelated to favorite old Mario game, but just making a point).

Gamecube was where a lot of the games became good

GameCube? I think Super Mario 64 is much better than Super Mario Sunshine, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time DESTROYS The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

That being said, it's just my opinion. Maybe if I had grown up playing the GameCube I'd have as much love for it as I do Nintendo 64.

GameCube? I think Super Mario 64 is much better than Super Mario Sunshine, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time DESTROYS The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

That being said, it's just my opinion. Maybe if I had grown up playing the GameCube I'd have as much love for it as I do Nintendo 64.
Twilight Princess that's debateable, but I'd also like to bring up Wind Waker, a fan favorite for many Zelda fans.

And yeah, I never really played with a Nintendo 64 so that probably explains my opinion.

Never had a nintendo 64 or a GameCube only a gameboy DS and 3ds lol anyways my favorite old games Mario are super Mario bro 3 and super Mario bro and Mario Kart

Super Mario World (First game i ever played besides sonic)

super mario bros. 3, this game was ahead of it's time the levels were very creative and the power ups were funny ideas, the game had it's fair share of secrets ( not as mario world of course ), it did feel like NEW super mario bros. style of games at that time .

super mario bros. 3, this game was ahead of it's time the levels were very creative and the power ups were funny ideas, the game had it's fair share of secrets ( not as mario world of course ), it did feel like NEW super mario bros. style of games at that time .

Super Mario World had quite a few secrets, but Super Mario Bros. 2 is flooded with them. :p

The New Super Mario Bros. games are boring.

Super Mario World had quite a few secrets, but Super Mario Bros. 2 is flooded with them. :p

The New Super Mario Bros. games are boring.
If by boring you mean way easier than the "old" ones then yes they are !
but what I meant with my comparaison is that SMB3 feels and looks complete even today !

imo the newer graphics can't really bring back the nostalgic feel of old games. In some ways, the older games are more smooth in gameplay than newer games. This doesn't apply to just Mario games, but games in general imo

Super Mario World is my favorite retro Super Mario game of all time. It was actually the first video game I ever played, I was about four years old at that time.

Super Mario World is my favorite retro Super Mario game of all time. It was actually the first video game I ever played, I was about four years old at that time.

cool the first game i played was super mario bros i was about 2 at the time. i dont remmber but i have a pic. it is funny becuase i have been playing since i was 2 years old.

Back