Favorite Anime?

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
All time favorite is DBZ. It was so action packed and I loved the fighting so much I was hooked. Everyday after school my family knew from 5-6 was my tv time. Sailor Moon and DBZ on toonami was the only time I really watched tv

Darker Than Black, or Sword Art: Online are my favorites. DTB had a great overall story, and SAO brought back my mmorpg memories. :p

I haven't watched anime in so many years, but my favorite series will always be Rurouni Kenshin. Just an amazing series.

Classic or modern anime series... which is your favorite?

Yu-Gi-Oh for sure. I like all the series so far (except for GX, that was awful) I even had the cards.

I really got into it from the first series. Yami Yugi rules. xD

My favourite anime is called (I think): "Claw of Death". It's about a girl named Shira which unleashes a curse to her school.

Yu-Gi-Oh for sure. I like all the series so far (except for GX, that was awful) I even had the cards.

I was a really die hard Yu-Gi-Oh fan when I was younger, until GX, and Zexal, all of this horrible spin-offs, it made me look down on the series (sadly).

I was a really die hard Yu-Gi-Oh fan when I was younger, until GX, and Zexal, all of this horrible spin-offs, it made me look down on the series (sadly).
Me too, I sometimes watch the new series too (not GX). I still have the cards, 3 decks and play the TC still...

the first serie was legendary and i enjoyed every episode of it (even though they sometimes break the card game rules for the plot's purpose !)
GX started with a good start but just got boring with time.
and if you ever watch the very first serie (shadow games) it is unexpectedly awesome.

my favorite anime is The world god only knows since its so funny and got me addicted to it and I wish I was the main character Katsuragi keima

Kirby-kirby-right-back-ya-10477331-350-263.jpg
Don't say why.

Favourite *Anime's!~
The most influential Anime for me has to be "Another", otherwise there's;
  • Attack On Titan/ Shingeki no Kyojin
  • Ouran high School Host club
  • One Piece
  • Fairy Tail
  • Hetalia
  • Danganronpa
  • Claymore
  • *A few million more, that aren't coming to my mind*

Reactions: Marc
My favorites are Maou-sama, SAO, Angel Beats and No Game No Life. Maou was great in terms of humor, but was over shadowed by AoT, airing in the same season. SAO had some decent action scenes, was accurate to the novel, and I felt it represented online gaming somewhat well (at least in the first episode). Angel Beats was sad, but funny at times and had a perfect balance of the two. Lastly, and still airing, is NGNL, which combines humor, game references, great animation style, well thought out story and amazing voice acting (the people voicing sora and shiro voiced kirito and sorata from SAO and sakurasou, and Mashiro from sakurasou, respectively). It also incorporates some elements reminiscent of maouyuu maou yuusha. Also, as a side note, sakurasou was great as well, being a romance/comedy/slice of life with amazing animation style. Sorry for the long reply.

one_piece2.jpg

One Piece: An awesome anime/manga that I fell in love with almost immediately. Although the first 100 or so episodes are somewhat slow-paced, their are many moments of suspense, joy, and also sadness. I have laughed and cried too many times to count at this anime, and I hope to continue to do so for a long time to come.

major-200x200.jpg

Major: Almost as good as One Piece, and I also fell in love with this. Though lacking in moments that I cried tears of sadness in (Though I suppose that's good), Major is probably equally as suspenseful as One Piece, and you end up finding yourself clenching your teeth thinking "Will he get him out? Will he get hit?" and you don't really know who will win.

Log-Horizon_Key_Visual-cover.jpg

Log Horizon: This is one of the most recent anime that I have finished, but by all means, is third in my list. Though lacking in suspense, sadness and joy as the two above, Log Horizon has other things that makes it high up on my list. It's very interesting. A weird summary, but it draws you in and makes you think "Wow, if they can do that, what could happen next?". And they can do a lot of 'that'. Especially Shiroe.

my top 5 are
1. code geass r2
2.code geass
3.fullmetal alchemist brotherhood(the other is horrible)
4.dragon ball Z
5.yu-gi-oh

Pokemon by far. There is nothing even close to it(probably because because I have only watched 2 anime series, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh) But I wish I could watch it all day.

I never told my favorite anime but they are a lot and i guess i get crazy over 6 of them as i am gonna list them Naruto,One piece,bleach,fairy tail,attack on titan and sword art online those are my favorite and i recommend people who didn't watch them to check them out those are the top anime of shonen jump

Inuyasha for sure! While most kids my age grew up with the stereotypical cartoon (Though I did watch Ed Edd n Eddy and Fosters), I ended up watching Inuyasha all of the time on Adult swim. I really enjoyed the characters, story and of course, the ending and opening themes. Was upset when it was pulled from Adult Swim earlier this year, as it was an end to an Era. Now I must collect the DVDs!

I also watched DIGIMON Adventure and Yugioh a lot as well, and liked them both (Though from GX onward Yugioh began to become awful until ARC-V). For some reason most newer animes I don't like too much as they are usually WAY too long (One Piece and Naruto), or have a very cheesy art style. I haven't found anything quite like Inuyasha unfortunately.

I have a couple, I guess I'll give an insight on why I like each one.

One Piece -
One Piece is an ongoing enjoyable anime, that is serious at times, and humorous at other times, the mix of these to provides quite a nice anime. The characters are creative, (Main ones of course) and have unique characteristics, some having devil fruit powers, and others using strength. The story line is also pretty good, and usually leaves you on edge to see what's coming next. It has a load of episodes, which has it's pros and cons, but I recommend it.

Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood) -
FmA, is another anime gem, it centers around the main protagonists, Edward Elric, and Alphonse Elric, wanting to get there bodies back, after losing them (Al's body, and Ed's leg and arm) by failing the forbidden alchemy technique, human transmutation, while trying to revive there mother who had died. I'm not going to spoil anything, so I'm going to stop there, but it's a great anime.

Death note -
A classic, Light Yagami, a normal highscool boy, finds the deathnote, that has the power to kill anyone by just writing there name in it. I can't say to much without spoiling anything, but you get the gist of it.

Fairytale -
This one is sort of hard to explain, so I'll keep it simple, Fairytale is a guild of magical fighters, (How would you explain them? Lol) who solve things I guess. Just watch it, I like it quite a bit.

the first serie was legendary and i enjoyed every episode of it (even though they sometimes break the card game rules for the plot's purpose !)
GX started with a good start but just got boring with time.
and if you ever watch the very first serie (shadow games) it is unexpectedly awesome.
not alot of people know gx was chopped pretty bad by 4kids. 4 kids did the same with one piece when they did the airing

Back