Paper Mario
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Mario&Luigi Super Star Saga
Mario&Luigi Partners in Time
Mario&Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Mario&Luigi Dream Team
(I'm only listing these because there aren't many of them)
Okay so to start off with me: My favorite Mario RPG is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Why? I must say that I like this game the best because out all them besides 3 of them that I haven't played...out of all of them I just find that one to be the most fun to play and go back to. I like Super Star Saga but I don't think anything outside of its battle system trumps anything from this game, Paper Mario is a bit too basic and since I played this 1st, its not a good idea to go back to it, Inside Story while good is bland to a degree and isn't better than Super Star in my book, I don't even like Partners in Time, and I haven't had a chance to fully play Dream Team besides demo(s)

You have:
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Paper Mario
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Mario&Luigi Super Star Saga
Mario&Luigi Partners in Time
Mario&Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Mario&Luigi Dream Team
(I'm only listing these because there aren't many of them)
Okay so to start off with me: My favorite Mario RPG is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Why? I must say that I like this game the best because out all them besides 3 of them that I haven't played...out of all of them I just find that one to be the most fun to play and go back to. I like Super Star Saga but I don't think anything outside of its battle system trumps anything from this game, Paper Mario is a bit too basic and since I played this 1st, its not a good idea to go back to it, Inside Story while good is bland to a degree and isn't better than Super Star in my book, I don't even like Partners in Time, and I haven't had a chance to fully play Dream Team besides demo(s)

I'm currently playing Dream Team. It's probably my 2nd favorite Mario RPG. My first would be Super Paper Mario. It's 2D side scrolling was very unusual for a Paper Mario Game, and that's what made it unique imo. The real-time battles in the game also made it become my #1 Mario RPG game. Not saying that I don't like turn based battles, but sometimes they can become a little repetitive and boring, although that's not the case for me with any of the Mario&Luigi RPGs. Out of the list I've played 6 of the games but have only beaten 2 of them lol.

Super Paper Mario. Turn based battling in Mario seems slow and boring to me, so this was perfect.

I think Bowser's Inside Story is among the better on that list. Gameplay is really fun and it's kinda cool how they switch back and forth between Bowser and the Mario Bros. in the game

Legend of the Seven Stars. To be fair, a lot of that is based on fond memories. I haven't played all the Mario rpgs either.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
Legend of the Seven Stars. To be fair, a lot of that is based on fond memories. I haven't played all the Mario rpgs either.
Understandable that you like that game. It was really well-made for an SNES game and I find it surprising that some of the more recent Mario games just aren't up to that quality. I particularly enjoyed the secret boss battle fight they included in there because of the "final fantasy" crossover they included in there. What did you think?

Super Paper Mario. Turn based battling in Mario seems slow and boring to me, so this was perfect.
I think what makes the Mario RPG games good is that even though they still have turn-based battling, they are a lot more involved than your typical RPG and you're never really waiting for attacks to finish when its your turn because you got your action commands that make the battles go by quicker.

The Mario&Luigi series is greatly popular for having the ability to avoid damage for an entire fight if you're timing is good enough and the Paper Mario series as well is also popular for the way they do the Badge system and letting you try different Badges for strategy purposes and even making fun combinations of Badges if you do mostly badge points. Plus the games themselves have really great writing and game-play puzzles.

Reactions: BjFauble
i like all of the Mario and Luigi series. i realy like super star saga and bowsers inside story. but i am playing (had to stop in middle because of R button) mario and luigi dream team. it is realy good but i think that it could use some more beans. it says were they all are on the map.

I going with dream team and sunshine they are both awesome and fun

I have never played a Mario RPG except the demo of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, so I guess I am going to have to go with that... I have watched some gameplay of Super Mario Sunshine and it looks really fun. Do you think that they will put it on virtual console?

I have never played a Mario RPG except the demo of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, so I guess I am going to have to go with that... I have watched some gameplay of Super Mario Sunshine and it looks really fun. Do you think that they will put it on virtual console?
I wouldn't count on Super Mario Sunshine making it to Wii U virtual console. I believe that it's not as popular as other Gamecube games like Super Smash Bros. Melee

Last edited:

Super Mario Sunshine isn't an RPG at all. No, they won't, because they could easily just make it HD and sell it for full price, like WWHD.

Super Mario Sunshine isn't an RPG at all. No, they won't, because they could easily just make it HD and sell it for full price, like WWHD.

Oops sorry... Even if they do sell it full price, I think I would buy it, some people think they might make a remake and I hope they do.

PS: If you don't have Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, it's on club nintendo now for 200 Points (vWii and Wii)

Mario&Luigi Partners in Time and Mario&Luigi Dream Team are very good - i don't have it but seen the trailers and they look awesome - I've got Mario 3d land from the promo and its amazing every part of it is !

I guess I'll go for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I played all the games in the Mario & Luigi series, but I liked that one the most. I sure want to play a Paper Mario game sometimes. I love their graphics so much! :)

I guess mine would be PM:TTYD.

I have played the demo of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and I have to say, that is a really fun game. Fun maps, enemies, and I just love the sounds your characters make. I am a bit stung by the price tag, though because i am getting my other top 3 games first.

I've never played Partners in Time, but I've been looking in to it, but yeah my favorite so far is Mario and Luigi Dream Team, its actually really fun and the areas look amazing, I may have not finished it, but you don't know how much I like it so far.

Paper Mario TTYD is really fun, Koops is my favorite Paper Mario Partner, and the Flying Boat Thing was probably my favorite area in the game.

Superstar Saga, oh Superstar Saga, lets just say, this one broke my Wii U gamepad (but I still love it)...

Bowser's Inside story had a great add on, by being able to play a Bowser.

Paper Mario N64 I'm so excited to start, I want the original, but I already have it on my Wii, so I'll get the classic controller pro. (I'm excited to battle Tubba Blubba, dat name do).

Paper Mario Sticker Star is kind of confusing, but fun none the less being on the go, but also sharing on Miiverse. Wow, I talk so much.

But yeah, M&L DT is my favorite so far. Super Paper Mario doesn't really count as an RPG, but it is in an RPG series, so I'll let pass, your favorite is yours.

OH! How could I forget, the original, your gonna kill me for this, I've never played it... But wow, those graphics, especially on the SNES.

Super Mari All star saga, and Paper MArio for the N64. I wanna try the paper mario for gamecube, and 3ds. I has no monies though.

I'm grounded, so I can't get the DS version (M&L PiT) right now either.

Back