Favorite Mario RPG

• Thread starter StaticMania
  • Start date
I'm grounded, so I can't get the DS version (M&L PiT) right now either.
I love the classic game on the SNES.
We have characters that went down in history like Mallo and Geno.

I have to agree, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team is my favourite Mario RPG game so far. I loved all of the Mario RPG's on the GBA. I had a Gamecube with Super Mario SUnshine, and that too was a really good game.
One question: Wouldn't all the Mario games be classified as RPG's because you are playing as Mario, after all.

I sadly haven't played Dream Team (too many 3DS games arrgh) but I have played every past game of the series and I loved them all. Probably though my favourite is Superstar Saga, mostly because I loved having luigi in the front. Also the story felt somewhat cleaner than the others. Bowser's Inside Story would have been my favourite if it was a little longer. I felt that it was just a little too short for an RPG.

This is such a hard question. All of the Mario RPGs are super great and it is so hard to pick a favorite, because they are my favorite type of Mario games.

I really loved Mario & Luigi Partners in Time, because the babies were fun to use with Mario and Luigi at the same time, and it was just all around a super fun game. I never got tired to the battle system and every area introduced a new way to fight the bad guys and it made the game feel fresh at every corner.

Another super memorable one is Paper Mario and the Thousand year Door. It was my first GameCube game and over the years it just keeps on getting better and better every time I play. I love the story and all of the characters. And it is one of the very few games that I would consider a 10/10 experience.

I have not played Dream Team yet, but I could only imagine that it is as amazing as the other 3 M&L games.

I really liked legend of the seven stars (SNES). It was somewhat different and had a unique twist to it (considering it was the first ever Mario RPG, I think). Had hours of fun packed into it, a mix of comedy, intense action and a bit of drama. It's a very challenging game with a range of puzzles thrown in to test your wits! The last boss is somewhat hard to beat (Smithy) and I was defeated a number of times. :p

I played Superstar Saga, PiT, TTYD, and heard some music from Seven Stars and know the basics of how they all play. Superstar Saga had some comical personality but it was more minor compared to the Mother series, the exploration was a mix of 3D and 2D (mostly 3D) with a few platforming elements in it that made it neat. And the battles were surprisingly really fun, involving timing to dodge attacks and timing to deal attacks. Very unique yet very Mario.

PiT had a little bit easier story to follow rather than being a "missionary" for the Beanbean Kingdom you went around the hubworld of Peach's castle going back in time to various places to collect, get this, more pieces to stars, but now the battles and navigation were a little more involved with babies involved. Much like the first title, yet in my opinion even better than it. Also less minigame type deals to deal with than SS. Oh yeah and there's two screens when fighting.

TTYD was truly leaning to a more RPG based type of gameplay but still with paper changing elements (where you can't really dodge attacks but you can defend from them, Earthbound elements (minor ones like the cricket hammer sound effect and Hooktail), still some hilarious text to read, some "missionary" stuff to do for the town for completionists out there, a "Pokedex" element, and some awesome music. And get this more star collecting.

My favorite would have to be TTYD. [yelling moving text effect] RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKK!!!!! [/yelling moving text effect]

super mario rpg legend of the seven stars and mario and luigi bowsers inside story and mario and luigi dream team and ttyd thats pretty much it for my favorites

Paper Mario the thousand year door because nostalgia of playing it when I was younger. I loved the battle system and earning star points and strategically choosing between hp, fp and bp. The partners were amazing and well innovated, some designs had similar shapes to the original yet some didn't. I loved the fact that you had an optional partner as well hidden amongst trouble requests. My favourite part is definitely the story as words cannot describe how funny it can get sometimes.

I liked Paper Mario the thousand year door because of it's amazing story, interesting partners and fun battles. I liked Superstar Saga because it's original. Partners in time because the babies, Bowser's inside story because you're in his stomach and Dream Team for it's dreamy world.

Mario and Luigi partners in time.
It was my first Mario and Luigi rpg and I enjoyed it very much :)
It has a great story and I like the way Mario and Luigi sounds when talking.
The only thing I didn't like was that the boss was so hard. Well atleast, the battle took ages.

I never played paper mario on the n64 but I played paper mario and the thousand year door and I can tell you it is a really good game with so funny dialogues that will make you laugh and laugh for hours, besides the story is really nice that you don't want to waste any time without playing this game

I would have to say Paper Mario Sticker Star. I just loved how you could apply stickers in the world and collect them to battle enemies.

I was pretty disapointed with Sticker Stars, and thought mario shouldn't make RPG's... then i realised all the amazing one's I played when I was younger! I loved Paper Mario and Bowser's Inside Story, though I think Paper Mario take's the cake for me? What is all of y'all's favorite Mario RPG?

Paper Mario is one of my favourite RPG. I really like the really funny comments, the visual grafics, the story line and so on. It is a very good game, first of all it took me time to enjoy reading but now I really like to do it :)

Reactions: Rrose80149
I will have to go with Paper Mario, although I love the M+L series, and how they never give Luigi and Bowser a break. SMRPG was an awesome game, although I think its overrated and it really annoys me how everyone looks at Geno as the coolest yet they overlook characters like Johnathan Jones and Mallow.

My choice would have to go for Mario and Luigi : Bowser's Inside Story because it was the only Mario RPG that I really played . I liked the story concept and characters as well as the graphics and gameplay :D It was really fun too to explore Bowser's inside and it was pretty innovating :p

My all time favorite mario rpg of all time is Mario and the legend of the seven stars on SNES. the overall gameplay was great and the choices you made in the game not only affected the outcome but would alter different characters you could have in your party, let alone having bowser as a team mate and using his special move to throw mario at enemies. is probably the best mario rpg ive played.

The only real Mario RPG I've played was Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story :p It was really fun, had some touches of humour, it kept me occupied for many hours, plus the Boss Fights were really cool. It had good gameplay and it was so satisfying every time you got an 'Excellent!' or whatever it was xP. It had unique gameplay and I thought it was really cool how you could fight both as the Bros and as Bowser, meaning Bowser wasn't the bad guy in this situation xD. The last fight was pretty amazing in my opinion too.

A lot of people prefer the Paper Mario games and yes I know the games are good but personally I prefer the game Mario&Luigi Bowsers Inside Story I enjoyed the plot you know you get eaten by Bowser and then you have to team up with him from within his body so you yourself can get out but stop the other evil menace trying to take over the Mushroom Kingdom. I thought it was fun to travel inside his body the only thing I did not like was the Minigames because jeez those were hard to beat and a huge annoyance over all.

My favorite Mario RPG (that I've played) is Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside story. However, i have never played Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga & Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (both of which get a lot of praise.)

Back