Favorite Mario RPG

• Thread starter StaticMania
  • Start date
Well, if it is mario and luigi games, then it is mario and luigi partners in time. Its so fun and relplayble with lots of stradegy. It can get unfair at times but it is a long game which will give you lots of reputability and lots of fun. It is a nice game with good controls also.

I'm surprised there's no poll. Anyway, favorite mario RPG by far is Paper Mario: TTYD. I dare say it's one of the best Mario games to date. Characters are memorable and it keeps the same Paper Mario charm but amplified to great heights. SPM was a decent sequel for its story but no so much the gameplay. Sticker Star I won't talk about otherwise you're going to see a gigantic rant flood my post.

My favorite mario rpg game is probably Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. I love how the characters attack the enemies. I always loved the stories of all of these games. I also really liked the cartoony graphics on the game. Nintendo really put a lot of work into the all of the dream team games. But I do not think that every mario fan would enjoy this because this because it is an rpg. I suggest this game to anybody who is a fan of rpgs.

Super Mario RPG for SNES. Why?
This is easily one of the best Mario games ever made and one of the most challenging ones as well. Being the first Mario RPG, it was certainly well thought through by the developers and a very well made game altogether. Using the basic RPG elements of Final Fantasy and new environments plus a progressive story makes it an addicting classic that was first released for the SNES. In contrast, this game has a great story and a dynamic world. Some of the areas will ever change when you complete objectives in other areas, such as when you defeat a boss who is attacking a village. There are many interesting new allies (ex. Mallow and Geno) and new enemies (such as bees that can poison you and a thieving purple crocodile).. There are also a few Easter eggs for those who explore enough of the world, mostly in the appearance and names of characters. The battle system and experience system are simple to understand, but both require a small amount of strategy. Every party member shares the pool of flower points (FP), which is equivalent to MP. This game has many mini-games and side-quests in addition to the story, so that feels like there is always something to do. For anyone who haven't played this game, you need to play it now.

Reactions: Rrose80149
I Think I Like Thousand Year Door for the Gamecube. Because It's a Sequal to Paper Mario For the N64 Better. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Would Be the Best Ones on the 3DS!

Oh Silly, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Is The Best Longest (And The Last) Mario Games to play on the Super NES!

I will have to go with Paper Mario, although I love the M+L series, and how they never give Luigi and Bowser a break. SMRPG was an awesome game, although I think its overrated and it really annoys me how everyone looks at Geno as the coolest yet they overlook characters like Johnathan Jones and Mallow.
But, How Come Bowser Said That Luigi Is a "Green stache"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved every single freaking game even the newest paper Mario game loved it to the very end *_*

Dream team

I've never played Partners in Time, but I've been looking in to it, but yeah my favorite so far is Mario and Luigi Dream Team, its actually really fun and the areas look amazing, I may have not finished it, but you don't know how much I like it so far.

Paper Mario TTYD is really fun, Koops is my favorite Paper Mario Partner, and the Flying Boat Thing was probably my favorite area in the game.

Superstar Saga, oh Superstar Saga, lets just say, this one broke my Wii U gamepad (but I still love it)...

Bowser's Inside story had a great add on, by being able to play a Bowser.

Paper Mario N64 I'm so excited to start, I want the original, but I already have it on my Wii, so I'll get the classic controller pro. (I'm excited to battle Tubba Blubba, dat name do).

Paper Mario Sticker Star is kind of confusing, but fun none the less being on the go, but also sharing on Miiverse. Wow, I talk so much.

But yeah, M&L DT is my favorite so far. Super Paper Mario doesn't really count as an RPG, but it is in an RPG series, so I'll let pass, your favorite is yours.

OH! How could I forget, the original, your gonna kill me for this, I've never played it... But wow, those graphics, especially on the SNES.
Paper Mario 64 was the best, wattz is my favorite partner
Paper Mario TTYD: better game of the 1st game and best partner is vivian
Super Mario RPG: Favorite SNES game of all time, Geno OP
M&L Super Star Saga: Very nice game for a portable game on GBA
M&L Partners in time: Love the baby bros. :)
M&L Bowser inside story: Play as bowser?! AWESOME!
M&L Dream Team: For once Luigi is a hero of the dreams! :D

My personal favorite is appear mario on the n64. It has an intriguing plot, an excellent cast of characters, and a difficulty that is not too hard and not too easy. I have also played super paper mario, but I never really liked the fact that it really is at an rpg anymore. Not really an rpg, anyway. The original paper mario has an artistic style that was original for its time and still is today. It also had excellent music and visuals that to this day make it my favorite mario game. It really was one of nintendo's best games they ever made.

My favourite (out of the ones I have played which is 3) is mario and luigi partners in time. it is a really challenging rpg and a blast to play! Having 4 characters spiced up the battles too and the areas were always fun to explore and get all the beans and items. I am currently replaying it and enjoying it a lot. Another RPG I love is Super Paper Mario. I loved it but lots of people hate it. It is the only paper mario game I have played xD But it is still a blast to play and my brother is playing it currently.

I never have played the mario RPG games before, though I might buy one once I save up enough money. I do need suggestions on if I should buy dream team or something, or the new inside story of bowser. Looking at the other replies the games seem really fun, the only thing that comes close to me playing the rpg games was playing a bit of paper mario.

The only game I actually got to finish was Bowser's Inside Story. But I found Partners in Time even better. Even though I didn't get to finish it, it was fun. Getting to go back in time of the Mushroom Kingdom was great. Heck, even getting to use Baby Mario and Luigi along with their grown up selves was cool. Some of the special abilities were fun, like the copy flower.

For a while now Mario has had his own spin off RPG Series. My Favorite Mario RPG is

Mario And Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
I think the best part of this game as with most Mario RPG'S where the boss fights. I Really enjoy the boss fights that would require you to use The Bros And Bowser To Take Them Down. Elder Princess Shroob Has Nothing On Dark Fawful.

What is your favorite Mario RPG?

My favorite Mario RPG game is Super Mario RPG. Its a fairly old game for either the N64 or the super Nintendo (one of my favorite consoles.) But for that time frame of rpg's and Mario games. This was a fairly popular game among Mario and rpg fans alike.

My favourite one is Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. I really liked the different levels in the game and mainly, I really liked the music in most of the stages. The final battle was really time consuming, but I liked how we thought the villain was someone while it was actually someone else.

mario and luigi super star saga was a really good one!!!

My personal favorite is Super Star Saga it had a lot of things that I really wished had returned in the later installments of the series like for instance Bros Attacks were only learned once Mario and Luigi learned a new skill that they could use to traverse the world. I also wish Mario and Luigi's fire and thunder abilities would return.

i dont get it i think if its a game and not RPG probably mario kart 8 or 7 but i dont think i ever played Super Saga Stars can you tell me what its like please if its still out i think i'll buy it on Nintendo shop or either on my DS and 3DS if its on both systems\console so i can buy it so please tell me what its like :`(

Unfortunatly it's a gba game so you cant buy it. But it kinda set the tradition for following mario rpgs to follow! Like dream team and partners in time.

Back