Favorite Mario RPG

• Thread starter StaticMania
  • Start date
Oh man I loved Paper Mario on N64 so much, Ive heard good things about the one on Gamecube too, Im really hoping they release one of maybe both of those for 3DS one day

Poyo! Super Mario RPG The Legend Of The Seven Stars. It was da first one and it has a completely bootiful soundtrack, levels characters, battle system and the whole game is just completely charming

I've never played Partners in Time, but I've been looking in to it, but yeah my favorite so far is Mario and Luigi Dream Team, its actually really fun and the areas look amazing, I may have not finished it, but you don't know how much I like it so far.

Paper Mario TTYD is really fun, Koops is my favorite Paper Mario Partner, and the Flying Boat Thing was probably my favorite area in the game.

Superstar Saga, oh Superstar Saga, lets just say, this one broke my Wii U gamepad (but I still love it)...

Bowser's Inside story had a great add on, by being able to play a Bowser.

Paper Mario N64 I'm so excited to start, I want the original, but I already have it on my Wii, so I'll get the classic controller pro. (I'm excited to battle Tubba Blubba, dat name do).

Paper Mario Sticker Star is kind of confusing, but fun none the less being on the go, but also sharing on Miiverse. Wow, I talk so much.

But yeah, M&L DT is my favorite so far. Super Paper Mario doesn't really count as an RPG, but it is in an RPG series, so I'll let pass, your favorite is yours.

OH! How could I forget, the original, your gonna kill me for this, I've never played it... But wow, those graphics, especially on the SNES.
my favorite mario rpg is superstar saga it was my first mario rpg.

Favorite - TTYD. Gameplay-wise, the game is perfect. It expands upon the first game in every possible way and the both over world gameplay and the battle system are just FUN. Side quests are plentiful and the game has its fair share of challenge. Additionally, almost every single locale in the game, hold some Chapter 7 stuff, is very memorable and has personality. This is seen most at the very end during the Shadow Queen fight when everyone's cheering you on and all of that. TTYD is the only Mario game with locations like Glitzville, the Excess Express and Rogueport, yet it works so well, and many would argue those are the best chapters of the game. Character wise, the game does such a good job of getting the player attached to characters, and it doesn't even get too deep, in fact, it's the opposite. This game doesn't take itself seriously at all, so many of the characters provide humor in different ways. Whether it's stupidity (Pennington, Rawk Hawk) or a quirky way of talking combined with jokes (Don Pianta, Grubba). The villains manage to be a bit threatening whole also being crack ups (Crump, Bowser, Beldam (when blaming Vivian for stuff)). The game even got you to care about some characters (Vivian, Bobbery). Basically, TTYD was a game with flawless and creative gameplay, immersive locales and quirky, memorable characters with a plot that didn't take itself seriously at all, adding to the charm of the game, while also having the more serious moments work.

Back